A few pictures and comments from Ryndam last week (oct4-11)

ighten

Just a very quick TR.. I'll add to it as I sort through the pictures.. Consider it more pictures with some comments rather than a full blown TR.

Now before we get started a quick test to see if I can even post a picture correctly.

DSC_5504_zps3324a1ad.jpg

We arrived a day early into Istanbul in order to make sure we had some time to see the city.

On reflection I wish I had done a little more research and perhaps given ourselves another day as the combination of the sacrifice feast being the same weekend as the ship departing Istanbul meant you lost half a day due to everything being closed due to the public holiday.

Still we got to see all we wanted to - Hagia Sophia - The Blue Mosque - Sehzade Mosque and had a good walk around the older parts of the city.

Being a bit of an Agatha Christie nut I wish I had known in advance of the museum and relics in the old Pera Palace Hotel (ah well maybe next time).

DSC_5273-Copysml_zps28141c9a.jpg

DSC_5252_zpsa5a45eaa.jpg

DSC_5299_zpsf97b28b4.jpg

DSC_5313_zpsda000b26.jpg

DSC_5340_zps4ffe3789.jpg

DSC_5295_zps552b133e.jpg

to be cont.. as I just realised I can only use 6 images

DSC_5289_zpse6fda358.jpg

DSC_5356_zpsdbba0132.jpg

DSC_5368_zps64bde901.jpg

DSC_5360_zps8371bb50.jpg

First Impressions..

Loved the Room . We had Verandah 220 which meant it is extended at the back and only enclosed on one side. Just perfect.

+good amount of storage

-Bathrooms look tired (chipped chrome,blackened whirlpool jets)

+comfortable beds

+good size

-noisy air con

+brilliant verandah size

I will update this.. Sorry for the delay - have been rather under the weather since returning - I blame either the slop that Aegean airways calls food or the misconception that Athens airport seems to be under that all cooked food can be served at a luke warm temperature.

I will update this.. Sorry for the delay - have been rather under the weather since returning - I blame either the slop that Aegean airways calls food or the misconception that Athens airport seems to be under that all cooked food can be served at a luke warm temperature.

Sorry you haven't been feeling well. I'm sure we will enjoy the rest of your report when your feeling better.. Thanks for letting us know, get well soon.

We leave next Sun for 31 days on Statendam. Same cabin #220. Do you have any photos of the veranda? I got that room just for the extra veranda space. Can we get a lounge for the balcony including the chairs and table. We are going to South America and it will be hot, and we spend lots of time on the balcony just watching the ocean.

We leave next Sun for 31 days on Statendam. Same cabin #220. Do you have any photos of the veranda? I got that room just for the extra veranda space. Can we get a lounge for the balcony including the chairs and table. We are going to South America and it will be hot, and we spend lots of time on the balcony just watching the ocean.

If you take a look at halfacts.com (the link is in my signature), you will find cabin 220 on the Maasdam. Same class of ship and same location so I would think that the cabins should be very similar. Lots of room for a lounger in the pictures provided:)

with luck, this link will take you directly to the page http://halfacts.com/220-maasdam-v/

Edited by kazu