Check Prices - BOGOHO Seems to be Over

Sherri914

I checked my upcoming cruise last night, and thankfully (for me at least) the BOGOHO was nowhere to be found in the pricing structure for my upcoming cruise. I saved money using the EMT/FF discount which was $150pp more (savings) than what the BOGOHO discount had "saved" me. This is the first time I've been able to use the EMT/FF discount. It's never been offered on any other cruise we've taken. I was pretty darn excited. I never book a cruise that I can't afford at the original booking rate. But I did book at a higher rate than I really wanted to this time just so that I could get the room I wanted - figuring I'd score a price drop at some point in the next year before the cruise. And sure enough, two price drops already since we booked. Of course I'm pretty diligent in checking twice a week. Anyway, just thought I'd share with everyone. Anyone else finding any price drops? Happy cruising to all. :D

Edited by Sherri914

I checked my upcoming cruise last night, and thankfully (for me at least) the BOGOHO was nowhere to be found in the pricing structure for my upcoming cruise. I saved money using the EMT/FF discount which was $150pp more (savings) than what the BOGOHO discount had "saved" me. This is the first time I've been able to use the EMT/FF discount. It's never been offered on any other cruise we've taken. I was pretty darn excited. I never book a cruise that I can't afford at the original booking rate. But I did book at a higher rate than I really wanted to this time just so that I could get the room I wanted - figuring I'd score a price drop at some point in the next year before the cruise. And sure enough, two price drops already since we booked. Of course I'm pretty diligent in checking twice a week. Anyway, just thought I'd share with everyone. Anyone else finding any price drops? Happy cruising to all. :D

Hi Sherri,

Yes, just last week I booked a spring 2016 cruise on the Oasis because I noticed that the new aft GS cabins that were built during dry dock are now available. There have been two price drops in the seven days since I booked it, so I'm very happy.

Enjoy your cruise!

I'm not sure what you are looking at, but when I do a mock for a March, '16 cruise on Allure, the half-price is still there and so are the prices.

I noticed that it will still come up with a BOGOHO deal, but if a state residency, senior rate, or EMF/FF rate trumps the BOGOHO price, it will display that rate instead.

When I booked my April 2016 cruise it gave me the BOGOHO rate first, then when I checked "over 55", it gave me that rate instead because it was cheaper.

I noticed that it will still come up with a BOGOHO deal, but if a state residency, senior rate, or EMF/FF rate trumps the BOGOHO price, it will display that rate instead.

When I booked my April 2016 cruise it gave me the BOGOHO rate first, then when I checked "over 55", it gave me that rate instead because it was cheaper.

It is not due to senior rate or residency. It may be due to FLA residency or EMF/FF specials.

I'm on Oasis. Maybe it's just the ship. I don't know. But no BOGOHO on my November 2015 sail date wasn't offered at all. Then when I put in the Virginia residency, it dropped the price a little, and when I added in the EMT/FF status, it dropped it even more. So I hopped on the phone and snapped up that price.

Edited by Sherri914

It is not due to senior rate or residency. It may be due to FLA residency or EMF/FF specials.

BOGOHO lives on for the ones I am booked on so far

Darn.. well, hopefully the dreaded BOGOHO will go away soon for all. I think it was pretty good from what I hear in the beginning, but it has since worn out its welcome. Better deals seem to be out there, waiting.

Darn.. well, hopefully the dreaded BOGOHO will go away soon for all. I think it was pretty good from what I hear in the beginning, but it has since worn out its welcome. Better deals seem to be out there, waiting.

Yes, the over 55 rate was $205 cheaper than the BOGOHO rate as of this past weekend. The first BOGOHO sale from earlier this year (started on May 1st) offered some really good discounts, but those were gone within a few days. I was able to save a few thousand dollars via price drops across three cruises, even though they advertised that the BOGOHO was only for new bookings, but the BOGOHO's since then haven't quite lived up to that first one. Not even close.

Edited by TheInnocentAge

Yes, it is due to senior rate, because it's stated right there in my documentation.

You are a better at this or luckier than I am, because no matter which scenario I select, I still get the half-off sale and the prices to match.

You are a better at this or luckier than I am, because no matter which scenario I select, I still get the half-off sale and the prices to match.

OK, I just went in and tried it again, and I see what's happening. When I do it for 4/16/2016 as just a Florida resident, it totals out to $4408 (after taxes and charges, etc) for a Grand Suite. Then if I choose "over 55" it drops to $4203. But, if I try it as a New Jersey resident, it comes up with the $4203 right off the bat without the "over 55". Then if you add the "over 55", the price doesn't change. So in a nutshell, this particular cruise and cabin is cheaper for a NJ resident than a FL resident, unless the FL resident qualifies for the over 55 or the EMT/FF rate.

Edited by TheInnocentAge

Still BOGO for my Feb Allure sailing.

Stateroom Stateroom Total $3,339.00 CADGuest 1Guest 2Guest 3Cruise Fare: $1,509.00 $1,509.00 $689.00 Taxes, fees and port expenses: $129.00 $129.00 $129.00 Discount: $0.00 ($755.00) $0.00 Per Person Total: $1,638.00 $883.00 $818.00

I booked a ton of cruises when BOGOHO first came out. As a result, there is nothing less than what I paid for it. I am fine with it, I got some amazing deals b/c of the BOGOHO.

we booked 3, I always check the 55 or older , plus former military ( need just 2 years for that), I thought the rates were great when we booked

we booked 3, I always check the 55 or older , plus former military ( need just 2 years for that), I thought the rates were great when we booked

Same here, check 55, military, and RR rates, nothing cheaper than what I originally booked with the BOGOHO

We recently finished our second cruise on the Allure and had a ball. However, their BOGOHO specials may sound great but make sure you are, in fact, getting a good deal. We, and another couple, recently booked a 3rd cruise whilst on our 2nd cruise. We were lured in by the "because you're a gold member you'll get the 2nd passenger 50% off and $300 on board credit" spiel! Imagine our surprise and dismay to find on our return home that you can book online for the same cruise, in the same class cabin, not only for exactly the same price but also get $500 on board credit, even if you're not a gold member. The response from RCC was basically "bad luck!" So much for loyalty to their 'frequent flyer' loyal customers! If this is any gauge, how would they treat their platinum or diamond members?

I booked a ton of cruises when BOGOHO first came out. As a result, there is nothing less than what I paid for it. I am fine with it, I got some amazing deals b/c of the BOGOHO.

I agree. There were definitely some great bargains during the early May BOHOHO event. For the first few days, I think the prices were legitimately 50% off the 2nd person. Prices rose steadily after that, even though RCI kept promoting the sale.

Personally I saved quite a bit, but I can see why there is some skeptcism from many posters about the validity of that sale. They may not have been looking or booking in early May, and have only the later, inflated prices to judge the sale by.