Live from Explorer's 14 Night Repositioning S. Caribbean cruise to Port Canaveral

Congratulations on making Pinnacle ....what an achievement!

It was great meeting you last week on the Explorer. Maybe we will sail together again. Let me know if you do any jewelry shopping on this cruise.

Evie Stern

I rarely take a ship's excursion. On this cruise, all of the ports are new to me except St. Maarten & Barbados. In Barbados, I have organized a group excursion for some Roll Call buddies. In other ports, I have jumped on other people's private excursions.

But I found myself reading the Shore Excursions booklet in my cabin.

You know that the descriptions can be interesting, and the "restrictions" can vary widely and be VERY interesting.

But I have never seen one as interesting as this:

10641116_10205138209403012_2957540749529755983_n.jpg

This gave me an out loud chuckle!:)

That same couple were on Enchantment when it repositioned from Baltimore to Port Canaveral Florida and believe it or not they weren't aware the ship wasn't coming back to Baltimore. They had parked their car in the parking lot of the pier in Baltimore not realizing Enchantment wasn't coming back. This was also an issue since they said they didn't fly. I believe they ended up renting a mini van in Florida and driving back. Hopefully they checked the itinerary for this cruise.

LOL.....OMG, Tony, that is to funny!! LOL I do think they're adorable! I too hope they know the ship isn't coming back to Bayonne.......LOL

Patty

Ah, but we sailed on November 1, so when we sailed, it was the record.

It has merely NOW been eclipsed! ;)

1st ones are always the best:)

And more special as you are now part of the PC clan.:cool:

Cleaning screen, 600lb lobster was how I first read the excursion restrictions !!!:eek:

Hope the seas are now calmer for you

Happy Days!

Graham

Round-trip out of Cape Liberty, packing wouldn't be a problem.

But how will they get everything home from Florida on November 15? FedEx? ;)

Marion Mom, They told us they travel with a trunk! Who knows how they're going to get all those things home.......LOL

Edited by beachbuddy

Congratulations on making Pinnacle ....what an achievement!

It was great meeting you last week on the Explorer. Maybe we will sail together again. Let me know if you do any jewelry shopping on this cruise.

Evie Stern

Lovely meeting YOU, my "imitation" relatives!

I will let you know! Tomorrow is St. Maarten. ;)

Today was wet and dreary. Because of the rain, all of the usual outdoor activities were moved inside, including the pool band, which played on the Royal Promenade, and the World's Sexiest Man Competition! (also on the RP) :eek:

Venues were packed.

I spent the day lazing around, reading and watching a moderately crummy movie.

This is Savio, bartender extraordinaire. He makes a MEAN chocolate martini. I now ask for mine in a "tall" glass. Yes, folks, it's the size of a milkshake. And it looks like one, too. I took a picture of Savio, but not of my martini. Tomorrow. I promise.

10426523_10205140255694168_7483197822057372760_n.jpg

I love the graphic that the techs put up for the wonderful orchestra:

(this is all blue lights)

1962746_10205140255614166_6588805048582914696_n.jpg

Cruise Director Leigh Xuereb. I just can't get a good picture of a figure on stage. Darned lighting. This one is slightly less terrible than usual.

10349214_10205140255654167_5446757508172358241_n.jpg

Tonight's Headliner was Tony Pace. I enjoyed the show tremendously. Sort of a standard singer/impressionist, but a very good one with good audience rapport, a FINE singing range, and just a generally high-quality show. I could NOT get a good picture of him, so here is his publicity shot:

tpstand-210x300.jpg

Dinner tonight was good. Not fab, but good. Half of our table went to the Mystery Dinner in Portofino tonight. Maybe I'll have a report on that for you tomorrow.

Another "new" menu, called Truffle.

I had cream of cauliflower soup, which was DELICIOUS with some added pepper. Also, a seafood thing, which was just a shrimp, a piece of something and some smoked salmon. I suppose that if I had wanted the "brandy sauce", it would have been more "special". Then a boston lettuce salad, which was very small. My main course was beef bourguignon. Pretty tasty.

Dessert was a very good (and HOT! so that it melted the vanilla ice cream just right) chocolate bread pudding.

I also asked for something called "summer berry pudding" which turned out to be some berries locked into gelatin.

You know that lucite stuff that they seal flowers or decorative things into and put into doctors' offices and such? This gelatin was that tough and permanent.

;)

We went to the Mystery Dinner at Portofino last night. Seated at our looonnng table was a party of 8 Scots with one couple having renewed their vows and all the men wearing kilts. Pictures later when I set up a new webhosting site.

The actors totally camped up the production which made it even funnier; I only hope that that's what they were trying to do, if not their line readings equaled a 7th grade production. Overall very funny. Well worth the $55 pp charge plus we tipped.

The seas have calmed down but it has been raining all day with a 50% chance of rain tomorrow. BOO !!!.

The iGadgets seem to be having problems with the ship's WiFi. My old Wintel netbook that I have been using has been flawless.

The pool band has been playing in the Promenade during all the rainstorms. Talking about that the Cafe seems to be featuring some new goodies including cheesecake lollipops and pink lemonade tarts; the old reliable cookies are on sheet trays at the rear and not on display in the front cases. There are 2 Freestyle machines in the RP next to the Cafe and 2 in the Jammie.

They danced every night in any venue they could find. They loved everyone watching them and this was one of their better "shows".

Starting off with a nice foxtrot....or something.

d87ddcc1.jpg

Starting to get DOWNNNNN.

226a6370.jpg

Both really getting DOWNNNN.......and FUNKAAAY.

358f8226.jpg

GRAND FINALE....WOOP, WOOP, WOOP!

2571d217.jpg

Now, back to Carol's regular scheduled program.:D

Edited by iheartbda

I rarely take a ship's excursion. On this cruise, all of the ports are new to me except St. Maarten & Barbados. In Barbados, I have organized a group excursion for some Roll Call buddies. In other ports, I have jumped on other people's private excursions.

But I found myself reading the Shore Excursions booklet in my cabin.

You know that the descriptions can be interesting, and the "restrictions" can vary widely and be VERY interesting.

But I have never seen one as interesting as this:

10641116_10205138209403012_2957540749529755983_n.jpg

We did this on the Summit in 2012. It was excellent. Love the cat, food, atmosphere. Great beach day. Very relaxing and very fun....

Third-hand (but in my opinion, trustworthy) information: The azipods (2) are fine; the fixipod (1) is totally out of commission. It will not be fixed until drydock in Cadiz, Spain in March 2015.

But it has been this way for quite a while, and Explorer just keeps chuggin' along!

Keep us posted if you have any late arrivals or early departures at any of the ports due to the ship having to make up lost speed/time.

I'm curious about the damaged lifeboat. Is is still down on the deck? Is part of the promenade deck still closed off? Are those doors still broken or closed? I wonder if they'll get that repaired and/or removed while you're in port today (or in the next couple of days).

Where does Savio the bartender primarily work, or is he in different venues around the ship? My wife and I may need one or two or twelve of his chocolate martinis soon.

Thanks again for all the onsite intel while you're onboard, and all of us who will be coming onboard in Port Canaveral on November 15 are eagerly looking foward to you passing the Explorer baton!

Carol

Your photo of Savio brought a smile to my face this morning! He was BY FAR our favorite crew member on our 10/9 sailing...and not just because of the amazing chocolate martinis ;) Please tell him that Marc and Ruth from Atlanta say "hi". If he doesn't remember the names, he'll remember that my husband drank white Russians and that he made me my own special Knobb Creek "martini" He's such an interesting young man. He and my DH could have chatted for hours. Please give him our best. Thanks!

Edited by 1ParticularHbr

They danced every night in any venue they could find. They loved everyone watching them and this was one of their better "shows".

Starting off with a nice foxtrot....or something.

d87ddcc1.jpg

Starting to get DOWNNNNN.

226a6370.jpg

Both really getting DOWNNNN.......and FUNKAAAY.

358f8226.jpg

GRAND FINALE....WOOP, WOOP, WOOP!

2571d217.jpg

Now, back to Carol's regular scheduled program.:D

OMG, thanks for these. To funny!!!!

Congratulations to you, Carol, on your new status. Question for you. Recently, at the D+ level, and could book a solo at 150%, did RCI give you the double points for a solo? Not there yet, but hope to be some day:). Again, congratulations. Katherine

Not just D+, you need either 340 or 350 points as well. Never understood why those two point levels seem to have different benefits. :banghead:

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Not just D+, you need either 340 or 350 points as well. Never understood why those two point levels seem to have different benefits. :banghead:

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Yes, thanks. I did know that. Now that I am retired, I hope to keep on racking up those points:)