Live from Explorer's 14 Night Repositioning S. Caribbean cruise to Port Canaveral

Question - does room service now have a charge on some items, like eggs for breakfast? Just saw a menu from Quantum and looks like there is now a charge.

I have photos if u would like to see i could post here if op wants to see

sent from my galaxy s4 please excuse any error's thanks

Are you saying that other ships besides Quantum are charging for specific items from room service?

No he said he seen on quantum there was new charges there are several that are not the same as rest of rccl ships i believe he was curious if other ships would be going this route, it would not surprise me to see this more profit on something that was included in your fare but looks like on quantum that has changed will wait and see if any other follow this menu.

I seen this to lots of changes to there room service menus lots of extra charges i see

Are you using the Yoda App

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Hi: Glad your seas calmed down! Did you need green apples/crackers;) If you meet a man nicknamed "Wallygater", tell him we say hi. His wife's name is Terry.

Have a great rest of your cruise:D

P

We are fine. No green apples needed.

I seen this to lots of changes to there room service menus lots of extra charges i see

I don't know about Quantum, but on other ships, there has been no charge for room service, except from midnight to 5am when they charge $4 per order.

The quantum for fee items are from speciality fee restaurants. The ones I saw with a fee listed were from Michaels pub which is a fee dining option.

My guess is they can't give free in cabin if charging a fee elsewhere;)

The quantum for fee items are from speciality fee restaurants. The ones I saw with a fee listed were from Michaels pub which is a fee dining option.

My guess is they can't give free in cabin if charging a fee elsewhere;)

Thanks for clarifying.:)

I love the curtain on Explorer! Funny story; I was on her a few weeks ago and an older gentleman was asking Keith Williams if he knew how many girls were on the curtain. Keith did not know but at the time I was walking by near one of the elevators and I subconsiously went "29!" I always pay attention to and admire the curtains.

Thanks Merion Mom for your live posts!

Is that the correct answer, or do I need to check your math? ;)

AWFUL and HORRENDOUS are very polite terms to describe how absolutely @#$%$#@ he was! Did he use the casting couch to get a show??!!!;):eek:

You and I know how people joke about the entertainment on board cruise ships in general.

It's guys like that that fuel the stories.

OH EM GEE!

:eek:

Edited by Merion_Mom

Question - does room service now have a charge on some items, like eggs for breakfast? Just saw a menu from Quantum and looks like there is now a charge.

I scanned the Quantum thread and the impression that I got is that extra charge items were coming from extra charge restaurants.

No such nonsense going on here on the Explorer. Everyone is happy and well-fed.

By the way, the food at dinner has been VERY good. Hot and tasty and pretty and good.

Tonight we had that rare creature: A new (to me) menu. I forgot to take pictures of either the menu or the food, but I will try to get a hold of one tomorrow.

:( Sowwy.

I can tell you what I had, though.

Two soups: cock-a-leekie (seriously, I had to order that! ;)) & a different kind of lentil soup from the lamb & lentil soup that I had a couple of nights ago

Sole meuniere - particularly nice piece of fish; not too thin, which I find can be a problem with sole

Dessert was a very good poached peach thing, and a much-too-sweet pecan butterscotch tart with butter almond ice cream.

Gotta run to the "late night comedian show". Jeff Nease.

Pictures and more reporting to follow!

Edited by Merion_Mom

I have a crazy question for those of you on the Explorer. Is your table near #432? I found out today that is where we are assigned. I would LOVE to know if it is in a good location. i've asked for a round table for 4. We are on the next sailing.

1. There's no such thing as a bad table. (IMO, of course ;))

2. They move the numbers around! (some people don't realize this)