Live from Explorer's 14 Night Repositioning S. Caribbean cruise to Port Canaveral

Unfortunately there is no way to warn of a rogue wave.

I have 2 friends on that ship, hopefully they are OK

We arrived in Port Canaveral this morning on the Freedom, and last night the ride was a rough one. High winds, waves etc. The Explorer is a tough old bird, she'll persevere thanks to a great crew

I told you: Everyone is fine!

New carpet in the Aquarium Bar. ;) :)

Here is a deep, profound, philosophical question to ponder:

On a ship with 3,031 passengers, of whom THIRTY are children.........

why does there have to be a "late night comedian"?

Can we really not just have him whenever we want?????

Talk amongst yourselves.

220px-Coffee_talk.JPG

To coin a phrase: It's always late night somewhere! ;):D

The bad news is that the show was HORRENDOUS. That's an hour of my life I'll never get back again!

There was a ventriloquist named Brad Cummings. Awful, just awful.

I'm absolutely gobsmacked to read this ... an awful ventriloquist? Say it isn't so ... :cool:

Here is a deep, profound, philosophical question to ponder:

On a ship with 3,031 passengers, of whom THIRTY are children.........

why does there have to be a "late night comedian"?

Can we really not just have him whenever we want?????

Talk amongst yourselves.

220px-Coffee_talk.JPG

After my experience on Oasis it's because late night means hopefully the audience will be alcohol-fuelled sufficiently to be oblivious to the lack of humour in the performance :rolleyes:

I love the curtains in the theaters of Royal Caribbean ships.

The curtain was better than the show tonight! :eek: :cool:

1507193_10205126764676901_8709034307974905490_n.jpg

I love the curtain on Explorer! Funny story; I was on her a few weeks ago and an older gentleman was asking Keith Williams if he knew how many girls were on the curtain. Keith did not know but at the time I was walking by near one of the elevators and I subconsiously went "29!" I always pay attention to and admire the curtains.

Thanks Merion Mom for your live posts!

I'm absolutely gobsmacked to read this ... an awful ventriloquist? Say it isn't so ... :cool:

AWFUL and HORRENDOUS are very polite terms to describe how absolutely @#$%$#@ he was! Did he use the casting couch to get a show??!!!;):eek:

Tell everyone that the Eagles won.

So where are the best hotspots on the ship?

Thanks for your wonderful reporting of your current situation. Wow! What a mess. Could have been a lot worse' date=' I guess!

Carry on!![/size']

Boo, go Giants

Arezeena!!!!

Thanks for posting! Say hi to Jeannie and Mark (my2kitties) if you meet them!

Glad to hear all is well and everyone is safe!!!!!

Hi Millie!

I think they are a few doors up/down from us. I saw their door had that screen name.

Seas are smooth now and all is well!

Hi Millie!

I think they are a few doors up/down from us. I saw their door had that screen name.

Seas are smooth now and all is well!

Hi: Glad your seas calmed down! Did you need green apples/crackers;) If you meet a man nicknamed "Wallygater", tell him we say hi. His wife's name is Terry.

Have a great rest of your cruise:D

P

I'll piggyback on MM's great thread: best spots are in line below RC Online (Library on 7 and Future Cruise Sales area on 6) and the Viking Crown Lounge. I even got a signal in the Schooner Bar, although it was thready...

I'm onboard for this cruise, too, and will probably post a separate thread... once I figure out how to upload photos... and sneak some time from all the activities to write up reports! So far, even wet, rainy, and with the big bang, it's a great cruise and a great cruise critic gang onboard. More details to come.

Thanks to all for the good wishes. It is remarkable no one was injured given the size of the wave as described by Captain Rick, and the damage it caused to the ship. Whew!

Yes!! Please Please Please treat us to one of your reports as well, Empress ... I love all of your past stuff ... !

Question - does room service now have a charge on some items, like eggs for breakfast? Just saw a menu from Quantum and looks like there is now a charge.

I seen this to lots of changes to there room service menus lots of extra charges i see

sent from my galaxy s4 please excuse any error's thanks

Question - does room service now have a charge on some items, like eggs for breakfast? Just saw a menu from Quantum and looks like there is now a charge.

I don't know about Quantum, but on other ships, there has been no charge for room service, except from midnight to 5am when they charge $4 per order.