Elite Breakfast

Waco

We have had very good luck with room service by writing what we want on the breakfast hang tag and leaving it out on the door knob the night before. We find that much easier than trying to communicate our order verbally over the phone.

Only very rarely do we not receive an item that we ordered, and the order is always delivered within the time frame specified, usually right at the beginning of that time period.

Our only problem has been that they sometimes bring us far too much of whatever we ordered for 2 people, even though we write 2 for the quantity.

But we do not order any food that needs to be served piping hot, like eggs, from room service. Coffee has usually been fine, however.

Isn't this all done on the TV now?

It can be, but they still leave the door hangers too., I find the tv too difficult to navigate, and you can't add extra things you may want or non-menu items to an order on the TV as you can handwrite them on the hang card.

As far is I know they prefer you to put the door hanger out. They certainly include them in the cabin pack. I ordered room service via the TV one morning on an Equinox cruise. I couldn't decide what to eat the night before. I have to say that I had the WORST example of customer service I've ever had on a ship when it was delivered. Still makes me cringe. If he could have thrown the breakfast at me I think he would have done so. I think he was having a very bad morning!

Phil

Since you were never Elite when they had the buffet, how can you provide a comparison. They had the same selection in the buffet. You pick out what you wanted, ordered you drink which they brought to you.

The only big difference between the new (menu selection of different plates) compared to the old way of picking out your own items:

1. You cannot select what you want, now you pick a plate with various items you may not want and leave.

2. It takes longer now since they prepare each plate separately when you order.

We liked it the old way where you picked what you wanted and only what you wanted. It was much quicker. Really never a line of people.

I didn't offer a comparison to the buffet as I really don't know what they had in the buffet -- only a statement that I loved the menu, the service and the atmosphere. I also don't disparage anyone for liking to get through breakfast quicker -- we love to take our time and enjoy the atmosphere. For us, it is just perfect.

We were just on the Eclipse. Tried the breakfast? for elite in the Tuscan Grill. We were presented with the menus. We liked the small buffet. My wife likes salmon for breakfast and ordered that. It came out in a micro bagel with a tiny amount of salmon. We much prefer the buffet that we have had many times. We thought that there were less people in there than were on other cruises and there were a lot of captains club people on board. We never went back. We are on the Equinox in Jan. We. Will see how that goes.....

We were just on the Eclipse. Tried the breakfast? for elite in the Tuscan Grill. We were presented with the menus. We liked the small buffet. My wife likes salmon for breakfast and ordered that. It came out in a micro bagel with a tiny amount of salmon. We much prefer the buffet that we have had many times. We thought that there were less people in there than were on other cruises and there were a lot of captains club people on board. We never went back. We are on the Equinox in Jan. We. Will see how that goes.....

Totally agree with your experience. We were on the Silly in Sept and experienced the same 'miniature' begal that was very hard. Very little salmon and items we did not want or eat. Personally, I believe that Celebrity is trying to reduce this benefit until very few guests attend and then they can cancel this benefit.

Why not set up an area in the MDR for Elite and above to order off of the MDR menu and still allow us to get our special drinks? This is done on RCI and it is held in a small room and worked well and was well attended.

• 2 weeks later...

The Tuscan Grill still has the best view and I am sure we will learn how to order and leave satisfied. We are never in much of a hurry as we rarely leave the ship as this is our fifth time on this cruise. It is the best itinerary we have been able to find , will be back next year and wish we would have booked B2B as we will next year.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just off the Silhouette. The Elite breakfast in Tuscan was as it always has been, no menus. It was hard to get a seat, there were so many Elites. We only went twice, preferring to go to Al Baccio for their wonderful Cappuccinos.

On our Reflection TA there was the buffet as usual, no menus. Will be interesting to see on our December Reflection cruise.

What did a previous poster mean about the "made to order omelettes on the buffet"? Isn't that an oxymoron? And besides, I've never seen omelettes at the Elite Breakfast...or were my eyes not fully open yet?

I was just on Reflection and wen to the Elite breakfast once. I agree

with "too much on the plate" view.

Yes, you are served but there were only 4 choices and I saw what the

folks next me ordered.....she got the "cheese plate" and it was

way too much food. (In my opinion)..he ordered breads.....it was weird.

It was pastries and stuff and too many of them on the plate.

I asked if I could have a "bit of fruit"......and the 2 small bagels they

offer...they didn't seem too happy with my request but they did it

anyway.

I also prefer the old style and didn't go back again. It was held in

Tuscan Grille.

Certainly on Eclipse after the first two days of the new breakfast system you could order what you wished, not just the suggested selection! So you don't have to accept the menu offerings as read, nor the waste that goes with the offerings.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Forums mobile app

Where is the Elite breakfast on the Infinity? Having never done the Elite breakfast it is all new to me. thanx from a newbie

When I was last on her nearly 2 years ago, SS United States on Deck 3. That is the usual spot (different names) on all M class ships.

I was just on Reflection and wen to the Elite breakfast once. I agree

with "too much on the plate" view.

Yes, you are served but there were only 4 choices and I saw what the

folks next me ordered.....she got the "cheese plate" and it was

way too much food. (In my opinion)..he ordered breads.....it was weird.

It was pastries and stuff and too many of them on the plate.

I asked if I could have a "bit of fruit"......and the 2 small bagels they

offer...they didn't seem too happy with my request but they did it

anyway.

I also prefer the old style and didn't go back again. It was held in

Tuscan Grille.

Lois, I agree. We like the old style better also and had the same experience on Summit in September.

The old breakfast had yogurt out on the buffet, when I asked if I could get a plain yogurt the waiter did not seem that happy and replied "I'll see if I can find one."

Anne Maria

Lois, I agree. We like the old style better also and had the same experience on Summit in September.

The old breakfast had yogurt out on the buffet, when I asked if I could get a plain yogurt the waiter did not seem that happy and replied "I'll see if I can find one."

Anne Maria

Hi Anne Maria:)......maybe some folks like it the way it is now but I

felt sort of.....it is hard to put into words but maybe a lack of warmth...

or not very welcoming.......anyway, I wanted to see what the new

set up was like....I didn't like it. And I submitted my feelings on my

email (I got the email after I got home). I told them I liked the old

set up better.