Most port intensive RCCL cruise?

Hello all~

The bf & I are looking to try RCCL for our 2015 vacay. I haven't cruised on RC in almost 10 years so i'm out of the loop. We love port intensive cruises and also love visiting ports we've never been to. We did the Valor on Carnival last year which goes to 6 ports in the Virgin Islands in 7 days and LOVED that. I saw RC has a similar sailing out of Puerto Rico but we would prefer to visit new ports. Any recommendations?

We're going on the Adventure next May in the Southern Caribbean and we're stopping somewhere almost every day. Every once in a while a port intensive is nice when you want to see places again you don't go to often.

Tom

Hello all~

The bf & I are looking to try RCCL for our 2015 vacay. I haven't cruised on RC in almost 10 years so i'm out of the loop. We love port intensive cruises and also love visiting ports we've never been to. We did the Valor on Carnival last year which goes to 6 ports in the Virgin Islands in 7 days and LOVED that. I saw RC has a similar sailing out of Puerto Rico but we would prefer to visit new ports. Any recommendations?

Jewel and Adventure would have the most port intensive cruises in the Caribbean. If those are not what you are looking for, they you would have to look at Mediterranean cruises which are typically just as port intensive.

Agree with the others. LOVE the southern route out of San Juan. Did the Serenade three years in a row out of San Juan. I think we saw 11 ports in those first three cruise. Now I am anxious to go back to several of them.

Cruising that route again in March on the Adventure. Can't wait for five ports in 7 days again. And don't forget to include a day or two ahead in San Juan and include that as your "first port"

I will add in though, make sure you add in the cost of flying into San Juan with the total cost of cruising. The first three times we sailed from there (2008-2010) we paid around 400 for flights from Ohio. This year in March, we will be paying over $700. Its worth it to me, but something not everyone thinks about before booking!!!

You just said 2015 but didn't list what type of weather cruise you were looking for. So you might consider the October 19th Serenade of the Seas Snowbird Cruise. It is a 14 day cruise with all these stops:

Quebec City, Quebec (2 days)

Saguenay (Quebec), Canada

Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island

Sydney, Nova Scotia

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Bar Harbor, Maine

Portland, Maine

Boston, Massachusetts

Charleston, South Carolina

Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Well, it's not Royal Caribbean, but sister company Celebrity if that counts. We did the Celebrity Summit itinerary out of San Juan which was fantastic. It stopped at St Croix, USVI; St Kitt's, WI; Roseau, Dominica; St George's, Grenada and St Thomas, USVI. Only 1 sea day. I believe there is an alternative route as well. Would highly recommend this route, though! :D

You just said 2015 but didn't list what type of weather cruise you were looking for. So you might consider the October 19th Serenade of the Seas Snowbird Cruise. It is a 14 day cruise with all these stops:

Sydney, Nova Scotia

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Bar Harbor, Maine

Portland, Maine

Boston, Massachusetts

Fort Lauderdale, Florida

And immediately following that, an 11-day on Serenade out of Ft. Lauderdale with six port stops.

Try this one. It's 13 nights with only one sea day, and it's a great itinerary.

13 nights:

Stockholm, Sweden

Stockholm

Helsinki, Finland

St. Petersburg, Russia

St. Petersburg, Russia

St. Petersburg, Russia

Tallinn, Estonia

Riga, Latvia

Klaipeda, Lithuania

SEA DAY

Warnemunde, Germany

Federicia, Denmark

Copenhagen, Denmark

Copenhagen, Denmark

Oops, Norbert's Niece and I had the same idea!!!

Edited by epixx

Just a tip if you do look at Adventure or Jewel out of San Juan. Look at few sailings. Frequently they change one or two stops on the 7 day cruises every other week. Poorly worded, but if you look at week 1 and don't like it, look at the very next week.

Here's another vote for the southern AND eastern Caribbean routes. You can do an alternating route with a B2B on Adventure or Jewel (or Brilliance, whichever is out of San Juan) and hit 9 islands, with usuallly one repeater. Lovely, lovely, lovely!!! We've done that for the last several years, and while I know what you mean about new ports, we've always managed to have a really excellent time re-discovering our old friends.

Also have to agree about the Western Med -- at the end I wished I could pack up my eyeballs and let them rest on the flight home!

And whoever said that about the New Zealand trip -- been on my bucket list for quite a while, but, OMG that airfare...:eek:

This also makes the AOS a pretty good back to back choice since the weeks are often flip flopped. On our May cruise we only have one common port in the two weeks. Thus, we get to even more ports.

Tom

Just a tip if you do look at Adventure or Jewel out of San Juan. Look at few sailings. Frequently they change one or two stops on the 7 day cruises every other week. Poorly worded, but if you look at week 1 and don't like it, look at the very next week.

Sydney, Nova Scotia

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Bar Harbor, Maine

Portland, Maine

Boston, Massachusetts

Fort Lauderdale, Florida

*whine* Want. :(

Agree with the others. LOVE the southern route out of San Juan. Did the Serenade three years in a row out of San Juan. I think we saw 11 ports in those first three cruise. Now I am anxious to go back to several of them.

Cruising that route again in March on the Adventure. Can't wait for five ports in 7 days again. And don't forget to include a day or two ahead in San Juan and include that as your "first port"

I will add in though, make sure you add in the cost of flying into San Juan with the total cost of cruising. The first three times we sailed from there (2008-2010) we paid around 400 for flights from Ohio. This year in March, we will be paying over $700. Its worth it to me, but something not everyone thinks about before booking!!!

Agree flights can be pricy to San Juan, but generally I find the San Juan sailings offer great value for money compared to some of the mainland departure ports, especially when we have to fly to the majority of usa ports anyway.

Edited by Spurschick

We did the Jewell in April only 1 day at Sea! We went to St Maarten, St Kitts, Barbados and 2 new ports Tortola (went to the Baths) and Dominica we really enjoyed the new places and keeping busy. Hubby said we have to bring our young adult kids back so we are booked for April 25th as long as we can find a decent priced flight!

We also did the Western Meditteranean from Barcelona in Sept- a very port intensive cruise we enjoyed this one very much too!

My family prefers the busy schedule instead of the sea days so yes it's tiring but we want to see the world! The kids say you can sleep at home! :)

Hello all~

I did the Valor 11/13 as well! AWESOME cruise!

So here's what I did…. Basically I looked at all the major cruise lines sailing out of San Juan….it boils down to Carnival, Royal Caribbean, and Celebrity for the most part. Though a great itinerary, Carnival's itinerary out of San Juan never changes. They ARE changing ships, the Valor leaves to be replaced by the Liberty, both Conquest-class ships.

Celebrity sails the Summit out of San Juan. Best things is they have several different itineraries and rotate from one week to the next.

Royal Caribbean does one better and sail two SHIPS out of San Juan, Adventure OTS and Jewel OTS with different itineraries and the itineraries rotate.

Between Celebrity and Royal Caribbean you should be able to pick up at least two new ports and probably three in one cruise.

So I shopped between cruise lines and I KNEW the week I had to take vacation. Celebrity Summit sailed to the same ports as did the Valor except Antigua for St Kitts. Royal Caribbean Jewel of the Seas on the other hand kept St Lucia and St Thomas that I have all ready been to but also included Grenada, Antigua, and St Croix! So I'm gaining THREE new ports!