What's your per night cost target for a JS?

LMaxwell

My JS on the upcoming 8 day Independence over Thanksgiving week was $106 per night base rate before taxes, C&A diamond discount and OBC.

I am envious to as I also received the C&A diamond discount but will get $325 OBC, Dinner for two, spa credit and prepaid gratuities. If the prices go down lower we will upgrade again! :)

Just curious what everyone's different personal targets are for the cost of a JS per night to where they will either upgrade or jump on a JS. Figure 5 day or longer cruise. Is 125 pp pd an unrealistic target?

150.00-175.00 pp pd would be our bench mark and location of the JS.

Just curious what everyone's different personal targets are for the cost of a JS per night to where they will either upgrade or jump on a JS. Figure 5 day or longer cruise. Is 125 pp pd an unrealistic target?

I just went back and looked at my invoice for my 9/20 sailing on the Vision. It was $114 per night per person for the wrap-around, aft-corner balcony JS. I would pay that again in a heartbeat for that huge balcony.

Edited by TheInnocentAge

We had a JS on our October 5-night Bermuda cruise last month. We booked a year in advance on a NJ Resident rate at $704/pp so it was about $140/pp per night and for a JS I thought that was a great price. By February, the JS price per person was over $1100/pp (translating to more that $220/pp per night). I think we did well on that one out of Bayonne, which it seems is normally priced higher than cruises sailing out of Florida ports.

I would say my limit is about $200 per person/per night. I will watch for better pricing, and usually will find something below our limit. But for special or family cruises I will pay a more because timing can be more important to us on some vacations.

My JS on the upcoming 8 day Independence over Thanksgiving week was $106 per night base rate before taxes, C&A diamond discount and OBC.

Great deal. We are doing the 6 day Indy after Thanksgiving in JS for $103/day before tax and discounts. "Out the door" price ended up at even better at $94/day. Unlikely to see that price again.

Have a great cruise!!

Does anyone have the Diamond Balcony discount amount for both more than 6 month and less than 6 months booking, as well as for short cruises and 7 days or more?

It looks like 125 base PP PD for a JS is a pretty good "book it" rate.

I wish! Don't know if we're just unlucky or UK cruisers just pay substantially more, but we've always paid around £100 (around $160) pppn for a BALCONY cabin! The next cruise we're booked on I've just looked at and the cheapest JS is the equivalent of £190 per night ($300), and that's before tips. Would loved to have booked a JS this time, but begrudge spending so much more money. We've always done 13/14 night cruises so it adds up quickly.

Wow, that's some deal! When did you book? Lowest price I found "fish"ing for that "cruise" was 11/1 $1099pp. They dropped prices several times after final payment on that one. For my 4 night, prices never got near the $799 April 2013 opening price that I booked.

~ Judy

Edited by FloridaPalms

We may have only booked an inside to begin with, but our per person, per night rate for our upcoming 5-nt Explorer cruise came to $30 pp for 4 of us thanks to the "Kids sail free" program. We've since upgraded to a family ocean view for $50, bringing our per person, per night rate to $32.50 after taxes, fees, and insurance. Not too shabby.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

Wow, that's some deal! When did you book? Lowest price I found "fish"ing for that "cruise" was 11/1 $1099pp. They dropped prices several times after final payment on that one. For my 4 night, prices never got near the $799 April 2013 opening price that I booked.

~ Judy

Dang, wished I had gotten that deal.

I never look at it as a target price....this can vary and always has when I book my JS based on so many factors.

My next cruise is March 2015 including taxes/fees & less discounts it's $153.00pp for the two of us per night in a hump JS onboard Mariner 8 night Exotic Asia...

Very happy with the price for this particular cruise and this is usually what I go by not some number I'm trying to get or have gotten in the past. JMHO :)

Loved the JS on Deck 7.......will ALWAYS get that again if traveling on RCCL...

we paid some discount but locked into a Travel Agent out of Florida for my Duplicate Bridge Cruise. I did mock sailings (after final) and got the JS when RCCL dropped the price: if I had waited until next day, would have saved $300 more!!!

That being said, the walk-in closet was the best, great storage in main cabin, BR same as Suites with bathtub.......nice balcony with 2 lounge chairs,

walked right onto ship at 1PM, no lines, cabin ready, walked everywhere.

ONLY way to goooooooooo!

Worth the extra cost over balcony, IMHO.