Does O Charge to Cancel Reservations pre Final Pay?

LewiLewi

I was told by my TA that O now charges a small fee for cancellations prior to final payment. Is this true?

Yes, it is true, and that has been the policy for about two years now.

Happily, if you do wind up paying the fee, they will usually allow you to apply it to the cost of a future voyage.

I was told by my TA that O now charges a small fee for cancellations prior to final payment. Is this true?

It usually applies if cancelling about a month before final payment

It should be on your invoice or you can find it in the T & C

Cruises of less than 15 Days:

DAYS PRIOR

TO CRUISE SAIL DATE - CANCELLATION AMOUNT

91-120 Days Prior - $250 per person administrative fee++

76-90 Days Prior - 25% of Fare

61-75 Days Prior - 50% of Fare

31-60 Days Prior - 75% of Fare

0-30 Days Prior - 100% of Fare

Cruises of more than 15 days except 180-Day Voyages:

DAYS PRIOR

151-180 Days Prior - $250 per person administrative fee++

121-150 Days Prior - 25% of Fare

91-120 Days Prior - 50% of Fare

61-90 Days Prior - 75% of Fare

0-60 Days Prior - 100% of Fare

http://www.oceaniacruises.com/corporate/legal/termsconditions.aspx

• 5 months later...
It usually applies if cancelling about a month before final payment

It should be on your invoice or you can find it in the T & C

Cruises of less than 15 Days:

DAYS PRIOR

91-120 Days Prior - $250 per person administrative fee++

76-90 Days Prior - 25% of Fare

61-75 Days Prior - 50% of Fare

31-60 Days Prior - 75% of Fare

0-30 Days Prior - 100% of Fare

Cruises of more than 15 days except 180-Day Voyages:

DAYS PRIOR

151-180 Days Prior - $250 per person administrative fee++

121-150 Days Prior - 25% of Fare

91-120 Days Prior - 50% of Fare

61-90 Days Prior - 75% of Fare

0-60 Days Prior - 100% of Fare

http://www.oceaniacruises.com/corporate/legal/termsconditions.aspx

Does this mean that if I cancel an 18 night cruise more than 180 days from the sail date that there would be no fee? Thanks!

You can cancel up to 180 days without penalty

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/legal/terms-conditions/

Even in the UK this appears to be true, however when I checked out cancellation terms my TA said that they (the TA) would make a £50 administrative charge per person.

With most other cruise lines you lose your deposit, which in some cases is a substantial amount.

Edited by Glenndale

Even in the UK this appears to be true, however when I checked out cancellation terms my TA said that they (the TA) would make a £50 administrative charge per person.

With most other cruise lines you lose your deposit, which in some cases is a substantial amount.

I was answering CLARKA whose is from Canada unless they booked with a TA that charges a fee to cancel they get their deposit back from Oceania

The UK has different rules so people should read the terms & conditions associated with their Country

Lyn

I was answering CLARKA whose is from Canada unless they booked with a TA that charges a fee to cancel they get their deposit back from Oceania

The UK has different rules so people should read the terms & conditions associated with their Country

Lyn

I realised that.

I was just pointing out that, unusually, this also applied to UK cruisers :)

In the states you are still charged $250 per person to cancel before final payment

Really???

Even if you cancel 6mths out ?

We cancelled last year before the 120 day mark & did not incur the charge

I realised that.

I was just pointing out that, unusually, this also applied to UK cruisers :)

I did not realize UK cruisers got their deposit back at all thought they had to claim it on insurance :confused:

I did not realize UK cruisers got their deposit back at all thought they had to claim it on insurance :confused:

Generally this is the case with most cruise lines I have cruised on, that is why I was impressed that Oceania were different.

We were having second thoughts about our upcoming Baltic cruise and checked with our TA re the cancellation charges.

You are correct that in the UK the deposit is usually forfeited.

I was booked on Riviera in September when 2 weeks before the final balance I was able to cancel without penalty. This is not normally the case here in the UK a deposit is usually forfeited.

I only discovered this unusual arrangement quite recently.

Happily I am booked on Regent for the same itinerary.

My very nice travel agent did not charge an administration fee either.

In the states you are still charged $250 per person to cancel before final payment

$250 charge only applies during the 30 days before final payment date. If you cancel earlier than that there is NO fee, unless your TA charges one.

$250 charge only applies during the 30 days before final payment date. If you cancel earlier than that there is NO fee, unless your TA charges one.

No..you are wrong here!. Things have changed due to a unscrupulous character booking then cancelling reservs. One must cancel before 120 days to avoid a fee of $250.

No..you are wrong here!. Things have changed due to a unscrupulous character booking then cancelling reservs. One must cancel before 120 days to avoid a fee of $250.

I think we saying the same thing. I am looking at cancellation policy in my booklet for my cruise on Marina next week. Final payment date was 150 days prior to departure and (since it is a 16 night cruise) and $250 penalty would have kicked in 30 days earlier at the 180 day point. For cruises 14 days or less, final payment date is day 90 before departure and $250 penalty kicks in on day 120 before departure.

I was booked on Riviera in September when 2 weeks before the final balance I was able to cancel without penalty. This is not normally the case here in the UK a deposit is usually forfeited.

I only discovered this unusual arrangement quite recently.

Happily I am booked on Regent for the same itinerary.

My very nice travel agent did not charge an administration fee either.

Don't assume Regent policies are identical. I believe in North America Regent charges a small cancellation fee, which again, can be applied to a future cruise.

The amount of the deposits and the cancellation fees are also somewhat greater for the major suites. Owner's, Vista and Oceania suites incur 10% of the deposit penalties on the same time schedule as the others (91-120 and 151-180 days). The per person deposit for the same suites is 20% of the fare.

Thus, for a $15,000 per person Owner's Suite, for example, the deposit would be $6,000 for a couple, and the cancellation 1 to 30 days before final payment would be $600 per couple. I believe the purpose is to reduce the number of folks making a "maybe" booking of the major suites.

The deposit for the World Cruises is also 20% of the fare for any cabin category.

Edited by hondorner

Don't assume Regent policies are identical. I believe in North America Regent charges a small cancellation fee, which again, can be applied to a future cruise.

Thank you I know Regent have different policies and under UK law we do not get deposits returned.