Price is outrageous

Two4Texas

My DW and I have cruised twice on Princess (Emerald & Ruby) and fell in love with cruising. Recently my Son and his DW have tried to convince us to sail with them on Oasis next July. They have sailed on Oasis twice and love Royal Caribbean. I checked the web site for the price of a Balcony Cabin and found The price a little high for us but my son told me they would come down. Well since that time it has increased to over 3000 per person. I guess I have to ask everyone here "has RC lost it's mind"

Or what? I would never pay more than 1500 per person for a 7 night Eastern Caribbean balcony cabin. What do all you veteran RC cruisers think?

My DW and I have cruised twice on Princess (Emerald & Ruby) and fell in love with cruising. Recently my Son and his DW have tried to convince us to sail with them on Oasis next July. They have sailed on Oasis twice and love Royal Caribbean. I checked the web site for the price of a Balcony Cabin and found The price a little high for us but my son told me they would come down. Well since that time it has increased to over 3000 per person. I guess I have to ask everyone here "has RC lost it's mind"

Or what? I would never pay more than 1500 per person for a 7 night Eastern Caribbean balcony cabin. What do all you veteran RC cruisers think?

We think THEY'VE LOST THEIR MIND.

The ever fluctuating rates creates the perfect environment for such outrageous prices.

Supply and Demand..... It is a popular ship and it is usually either sold out or close to it. If you want cheaper prices, pick a ship/destination and time of year that is not as popular. Also, if you book soon after the cruise schedule is announced, you will get far lower prices than closer to embarkation. For instance, we booked a D1 balcony cabin on the Allure for Feb 1st about a year ago. We paid $977 per person. The D1 cabins are now sold out and all the other balcony cabins are at least twice as expensive.

Keep checking prices. I would be very surprised of they don't come down.

They more than likely will. We are booked in a boardwalk balcony in 2 weeks.

The price got as high as $1700pp for a November cruise.

As soon as the final payment date passed the prices dropped significantly to about $729pp.

I don't know if that would work in July but if you paid $3000pp for a 7 day cruise and not be in a suite, i think that would be insanity.

Bill

Edited by S.S.Oceanlover

$3000 per person is about what we pay every cruise for a GS, give or take.

And because of our jobs, we always sail in the summer...usually August, sometimes late June.

Edited by B-52

$3000 per person is about what we pay every cruise for a GS, give or take.

And because of our jobs, we always sail in the summer...usually August, sometimes late June.

I agree, $3000pp is more reasonable for a GS.

I see a Blacony D2 ( 2 passengers) for July 11th pricing out for $3800 total with all port and taxes. It's summer pricing is high normally.

How do you find out which ship/destination is most or least popular?

You can use the "Find a Cruise" feature on Royal's website to select a destination and time of year. It will display all the ships with itineraries that fit the criteria.

$3000 PP??? :eek:

For that money it is time to try Celebrity or Cunard, and probably save money!

Sadly, Celebrity or Cunard are not in the Caribbean in July. In fact, Cunard is rarely in the Caribbean.

However, I think the price will come down once there are no bookings at that level.

If I were you, I would keep watching prices until I found what I thought was a good deal. The prices will change dramatically between now and the cruise date. Cruise prices are dropping to prices that I have not seen before. The lowest prices are coming about one month out right now. This past summer, most of the cruises were getting to almost half what they would normally be in the summer. I have never booked a cruise more than 6 months out, but I know that not everyone can do that. Lately, I have been booking less than one month out at prices that are very good.

Last June we booked Allure for Oct 4 2015 going to the Med. We booked a CP cabin for a total of $2200.00 (ca) including grats. CP cat. is now sold out and the price for comparable cabin on Boardwalk is now $4300.00 (2 pax) plus grats. Balconies are now selling for about $5600.00 and up!

This is for seven day cruise! Most interiors are already sold out and the price is up to $1400.00 per pax. There are very few cabins available and I'm guessing that TAs must have blocks of cabins held and we'll see an influx of cabins and lower prices after final payment in July.

So glad we booked so far in advance! And we got $100.00 OBC!

I just checked on the Oasis for July 11 next year. I looked at a D8 cabin for 2 people. Total price is (today): $5179.96.

We just sailed in a Jr. Suite on the Allure this past summer for $3,800 for 2 of us.

YES, RC has lost their minds. Anyone that pays these types of fares has not done their homework on pricing. These are insane prices and we have cruiser friends that have booked nothing with RC this year or for next for these reasons.

:eek: