Reflection cabin to cabin calls

cwtravel

Thanks, I also think it is just the cabin number.

I have myself, my 80 year old parents and 8 other elderly couples arriving from different parts of the U.S. for the 11/29 sailing. So, I am sending out a cabin list, deck number & location so they can find/call each other.

Thanks again,

Chris

I honestly think that on the S class ships, there is a different number to dial especially on the higher decks.

The lower single digit numbered decks, the cabin numbers all make sense relative to cabin number. i.e. 3015 is on deck 3.

But then the upper decks can have multiple 1st 2 digits per floor, and do not coincide with the deck number.

• Deck 14 - 41xx
  • Deck 12 - 21xx and 22xx
  • Deck 11 - 15xx and 16xx
  • Deck 10 - 10xx, 11xx and 12xx
  • Deck 9 - 9xxx
  • Deck 8 - 8xxx
  • Deck 7 - 7xxx
  • Deck 6 - 6xxx
  • Deck 3 - 3xxx

So unless you get specific information, I'd just give the list of cabin numbers, and not put to writing any dialing instructions, especially for the 2 digit deck numbers.

I'm in a hotel now with 28 floors. My dialing instructions are:

• Floors 4-9 - Dial 8 + room number
  • Floors 10-12 - Dial 8 + Last 3 digits of the 4 digit room number
  • Floors 14-28 - Dial the 4 digit room number, no "8" needed

I actually had this same question last year when we were on the Equinox. I was surprised to find nothing in any of the in-cabin materials that provided a definitive answer, so had just assumed that it was the cabin number directly.

I also suspect that's why, at least on the S-class ships, there is a mysterious gap in cabin numbers on deck 9, where no cabin number begins with "911".

I recall some sort of directory / sticker on the phone on The Solstice with instructions.

There were also directions for quickly contacting... Emergencies - Guest Services - Room Service - Restaurant Reservations - Wake Up Calls - and Housekeeping / Cabin Steward (although we were in Concierge Class, so I am not sure if the Cabin Steward one was not the norm... Remember our Concierge Steward saying they wore a pager / cell phone which would connect direct to them)

Hope this helps (some)

Cheers!

Edit to add... Lol, looks like CLE-GUY and I were typing at the same time

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

Thanks, I also think it is just the cabin number.

I have myself, my 80 year old parents and 8 other elderly couples arriving from different parts of the U.S. for the 11/29 sailing. So, I am sending out a cabin list, deck number & location so they can find/call each other.

Thanks again,

Chris

Hey Chris!

I don't know if you've been lurking, but we have a pretty active roll call happening. You and your family are more than welcome to join in the fun!

Lauren