Can I bring....

KensingtonMoon

Hello,

Am I able to bring a small extension cord (not power board) in my luggage to extend the power cord of the computer?

I have a teen who likes to watch movies via disc on the computer.

I don't want to break any rules.

Thanks,

I usually do and a double adaptor on the end to charge up my cameras. Never been challenged and web site is silent on them.

Unless they have all been changed on Solstice, you will need international adaptor.

I usually do and a double adapter on the end to charge up my cameras. Never been challenged and web site is silent on them.

Unless they have all been changed on Solstice, you will need international adaptor.

No need for the adapter, both US 110 and European 220 plugs available. Two of each.

I always bring a four plug with a short extension and it is never an issue. The plugs are near the vanity, not the bed.:)

No need for the adapter, both US 110 and European 220 plugs available. Two of each....

The location of the member for the post you replied to was Australia. Their power sockets look like this:

Australian_Power_Plug_Pin_Configuration_AS3112.jpg

So it is different from the US and European sockets supplied on the ship.

The S class ships do have two North American/US type outlets but they only have one European type outlet. (click here for photo)

When I didn't receive my last bag on the Reflection, we were sent to security where they went through the bag and found our multi plug extension cord. It was forbidden! Never before? Did rules change since 5/13? There were plenty of plugs in the room since I forgot my cell and my husband forgot the charger for the kindles. :eek:

On our January 2014 cruise on Century, I was also summoned to the "naughty room" as we had an extension cord packed. Once I explained that it was for my DH's CPAP machine, I was allowed to keep it. However, upon my return I discovered that our wonderful cabin attendant had already provided us with a cord and we never ended up using ours.

We have a plug converter suitable for the Netherlands and Italy; will that fit in the European outlet? (I know that there are two kinds of outlets in Europe.)
Actually considerably more than two kinds of sockets [see http://www.worldstandards.eu/electricity/plugs-and-sockets/ ] in Europe. If the adapter plug is ungrounded, it will be compatible with more than one type of socket. I THINK that your adapter plug should work with the Euro socket on Celebrity ships.

BTW the term "converter" is usually used to describe equipment that transforms from one voltage to another (eg 234v to 117v). If the voltage is not being transformed, the item is usually referred to as an adapter plug.

Thom

Hello,

Am I able to bring a small extension cord (not power board) in my luggage to extend the power cord of the computer?

Thanks,

I travel with a C-Pap machine and my partner often has a heating pad with him. Celebrity wants you to use the extension cords they provide. You can ask your travel agent to call Celebrity and request one or you can call yourself. It should be waiting for your in your stateroom. If by chance it isn't, call your cabin attendant and one will be brought to you. We do it this way in the event there is a problem. If you use their cord and there is a problem it is on them and not you. Enjoy your cruise.

We always carry an extension cord on any trip/cruise and have never had a problem. As to adaptors (as opposed to converters) we also like to carry North American to Europe adaptors so we can take advantage of the additional European receptacle on most ships. The Aussie/NZ socket is a 220 volt so they can use their 220 volt appliances in the European receptacle with just the proper adaptor (Europe uses 2 round prongs). They could also use an adaptor with the North American 110 volt receptacles if they have duel voltage appliances (most chargers are duel voltage). If they want to use a 220 appliance in a 110 North American receptacle they would then need a bulky "converter" to step the 110 up to 220.....although their appliance may not function well with the reduction in power.

Hank

Hello,

Thanks,

I was called to security to open my suitcase. They confiscated my surge protector. I forgot to pack the extention cord so I don't know if they would have taken that too. It was returned on the final night. This was April 2014 on the Equinox.

Edited by C Cruise Dude
more

I should have added that I always carry my extension cord in carry-on luggage. I keep all my chargers, computer cables, adaptors, etc. in a single plastic baggie which goes along on all of our trips/cruises.

Hank