Grandeur Nov. 11, 2014 Review

kleo30

Enjoyed your review. I also went up to the Windjammer for Coffee and pastries to bring back for the cabin for pre breakfast . The coffee was good but for some reason what we had at dinner in the MDR was bad .Had to be our section,

WE enjoyed Labadee and also met the Rum lady in ST Marteen ,She was generous with the samples. WE bought the Guavaberry and Lime then went back and told her that she was a great salesperson and she gave us more samples.

I was disappointed that the music at night was low key but the shows were surprisingly good

................Frank:)

We just got home from the 10 night Eastern Caribbean cruise on the Grandeur. We had an amazing time. I posted a detailed, day by day review, on my blog if anybody is interested in reading it.

Grandeur Nov. 11th ~ 10 night review

If you have any questions, I'll try to answer them.

Very nice blog! We are on the Grandeur on January 6,2015 and will be doing the same itinerary that you did, so we are very interested in your experiences both on and off the ship. I am up to day four right now. It has been a LONG time since we have sailed on an RCI ship and are not sure what to expect.

I am looking forward to reading the rest of your blog. The drama with the toilet is riveting!:)

Edited by jimandtoni

We always order room service pre breakfast lol! Thanks for the great review, so looking forward to our trip on the Grandeur!

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

Usually I didn't know what time I was waking up, and I was too grumpy to wait for room service lol.

Just finished, you made me want to go back on Grandeur! Now, I'm gonna check out the rest of your blog, especially the crafts. :D

My blog used to be about home schooling our 3 boys. Now they are grown and mostly moved out. I need to refocus and rename and not just post a cruise review every year or so lol.

I'm ready to go back to the Grandeur right now.

Enjoyed your review. I also went up to the Windjammer for Coffee and pastries to bring back for the cabin for pre breakfast . The coffee was good but for some reason what we had at dinner in the MDR was bad .Had to be our section,

WE enjoyed Labadee and also met the Rum lady in ST Marteen ,She was generous with the samples. WE bought the Guavaberry and Lime then went back and told her that she was a great salesperson and she gave us more samples.

I was disappointed that the music at night was low key but the shows were surprisingly good

................Frank:)

We didn't do any shows this time. The music seemed to either be ballroom dancing in the centrum or loud (very loud) not our style in the Viking Crown Lounge at night. We love to jitterbug but couldn't find anything to dance to most nights.

I really enjoyed your blog. I do hope you will book a cruise on one of the Radiance-class ships. They are a little larger than the Vision-class, very easy to get around, they don't have the bells 'n whistles of the really big ships (a plus in my book,) and are stunningly beautiful, with the emphasis on the sea. Almost everywhere you look you see the ocean.

Congrats on your amazing weight loss. The pic of you in your bikini was lovely! You have definitely earned the right to wear it and to feel good about how you look in it:)

Thanks for sharing your vacation blog and pics with us!

Drink package worth it?

Coffee, tea, water, soda, occasion alcoholic drink.

Debating on package.

Drinks with no extra charge: coffee, hot tea, iced tea, lemonade, milk, and juices at breakfast.

Whether a package is "worth it" to you is something only you can determine. Here are the packages:

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/beverage_packages.pdf

Drink package worth it?

Coffee, tea, water, soda, occasion alcoholic drink.

Debating on package.

For us, the drink packages were worth it. Doug had the premium and I had the ultimate. We each had 4 or more bottles of water a day. I had Starbucks once a day. I had a mimosa with fresh juice at breakfast. And we both had quite a few cocktails (2-4 at the pool, 1 before dinner on the balcony, I'd have wine with dinner, after dinner shooters, a couple more in a bar after dinner and another to take back to the room to enjoy on the balcony before we'd go to bed). There weren't any cocktails we ordered that went over the limit. We got mixed drinks like Long Island iced tea and all kinds of frozen cocktails and martinis. Doug used the soda cup frequently and had soda with dinner or lunch. I only used it to keep water cold at the pool. So we definitely got our money's worth. We will definitely purchase them again.

Thank you for the lovely review. DH and I like the GOTS for the simplicity as well as beauty of the ship, the connection with the sea, the staff and the ability to feel relaxed and not be involved in frantic activity all the time. I have also been on the Rhapsody of the Sea and liked that as well. On the GOTS we had a sideways inner cabin which was 124 square feet. It was very cramped for two people! The bed was hard up against the dressed so I had to hop over the end. I probably would not do that size cabin again.

Ok. Finalizing beverage package. I know premium does not have coffee but does it get me bottles of water? I can ala cart coffee but may want water and a mudslide by the pool.

Help?

Premium includes bottled still water.

I loved your review.

We just took our first cruise on Freedom of the Seas out of Port Canaveral, but we live in Maryland and are only an hour from the port. I would love to sail out of Baltimore.

Your review was great. I am thinking we should try this cruise the next time. And I loved how you rolled with anything that came your way without complaining. Broken toilet, rain, no problem. Not everyone would do that.

We didn't do any shows this time. The music seemed to either be ballroom dancing in the centrum or loud (very loud) not our style in the Viking Crown Lounge at night. We love to jitterbug but couldn't find anything to dance to most nights.
DH and I have just started dance lessons about 6 months ago. We tried to find places to dance on our cruise but were not too successful. DH would also like to jitterbug.

Thanks again for taking the time to write this.