Cococay are we there yet?

We are brining our water shoes...and I will be overjoyed if we get there. We have Coco Cay on the itinerary in mid December. :D:):D

In Baseball and Basketball terms we are OH!! for 4. :( Is there any time of year when the odds are in your favor.:confused:

Even the Quantum can't calm the waters around Cococay. :( Is this the most illusive port of call in Royal's arsenal. :confused: Any plans on making it a docked stop Like Labadee?

I think it would be tough because there's no protected area around Coco Cay.

It would be one very long dock or involve a lot of dredging which would not happen. Very shallow waters close to the island.

Between the channel and where the ship drops anchor there are numerous submerged reefs that dot the area. Not only would they have to dredge a good distance to get a deep enough channel for a dock, but they'd have to cut through several of those reefs. Unlike Disney's island which sits on the edge of the shelf, Coco Cay sits smack on top of it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I was on the Grandeur and we successfully made our Tue Nov 25 stop at Coco Cay. Enchantment was also there with us for the day. Later in the week during the 'Captains Corner' seminar, Captain Espen mentioned that we were lucky as we were the first ship to make our stop at Coco Cay in nine days.

I would rather go to somewhere like Key West instead of Coco Cay on a Florida/Bahama's cruise....but I am not a "beach person", so most may disagree with that idea. I wish they could go to any alternate port, even Freeport, if weather precluded tendering, rather than the usual extra day at sea....

OK!!! I get the environmental impact. :D That leaves the month with the most successful landings I guess. :confused: The survey says:::: ;)

We've done cruises with scheduled stops in Coco Cay in every month except February, April, and November. We've made the stop at least once in each of the other nine months, and we've missed the stop at least once in each of those nine months. It really is a coin toss whether you get there or not. :)

Just got off Grandeur on an eight-day (Nov. 21 - Nov. 29) Bahamas tour. Was told by a few people on the ship that most ships that had tried to dock there that previous week were not able to. Woke up early that day (as we had an excursion) and was jumping for joy when we looked out the window to see that we were already there and saw tenders bringing workers on the island! Later, the captain said that we were the first ship in nine days to make it to CocoCay. Sadly, we missed Key West the next day to a bad storm, but I'd trade the day we had in CocoCay for that port, gladly. Hoping that the weather will stay clear!