freedom of the Seas arrival is delayed

This may have already been asked - but - is do you think that some of this issue will be fixed while the ship is in Nassau for 2 days this week? We are scheduled to go on Dec 28th - NYE cruise - paying almost double the regular fare due to holiday! ugh!

I thought I read that they were going to do some maintenance while in Nassau.

I hope that they can fix the problem this week in Nassau. We leave on December 21. I really don't care what ports we go to since any day on a cruise is better than a day at home. I am a sun person and I know that it can be cool in the Bahamas in December. I sure hope we make it to San Juan so I can enjoy the heat. RC please fix this problem. Fingers crossed.

So is it 2 1/2 days in Nassau or 24 hours I've read both I read Nassau from Monday at Noon till Tuesday at Noon Then at Sea Then Cozumel then At Sea and CocoCay. I'm hoping it's only 24 hours instead of 2 1/2 days.

Edited by flbrandon

So is it 2 1/2 days in Nassau or 24 hours I've read both I read Nassau from Monday at Noon till Tuesday at Noon Then at Sea Then Cozumel then At Sea and CocoCay. I'm hoping it's only 24 hours instead of 2 1/2 days.

It's going to depend on what it takes to make any necessary repairs and what's involved.

If they DO spend 2.5 days in Nassau they can not get to Cozumel in one night. Will have to wait to hear from someone onboard what they finalize on.

Here is what someone posted who is currently on Freedom B2B:

We are currently on board (b2b) Here is what was in the letter we got:

"During FOS last sailing, the ship experienced a mechanical issue with one of the ship's three propulsion motors. The situation does not affect the safety or maneuverability of the ship, but it does require that we remove the propeller blades from that pod in order to avoid additional damage to the motor. Our plan is to remove the blades while the ship is docked at the Bahamas. At this time we anticipate that this work will take approximately 24 hours to complete."

Schedule:

Sunday: Depart PC At 4:30

Monday: arrive at Nassau at 12 noon

Tuesday: depart Nassau at 12midnight

Wednesday : sea day

Thursday: Cozumel 11am-6pm

Friday: sea day

Saturday: CocoCay 9am-4pm

Sunday: Dock at 6am

25% future cruise credit

Undetermined OBC

Hope this helps!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

"During FOS last sailing, the ship experienced a mechanical issue with one of the ship's three propulsion motors. The situation does not affect the safety or maneuverability of the ship, but it does require that we remove the propeller blades from that pod in order to avoid additional damage to the motor. Our plan is to remove the blades while the ship is docked at the Bahamas. At this time we anticipate that this work will take approximately 24 hours to complete."

Schedule:

25% future cruise credit

Undetermined OBC

Hope this helps!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thank you for the update! We will be boarding when you get off. Enjoy the second leg of your cruise! :)

Here is email posted on the site that must remain nameless:

We would like to provide you with important information regarding the upcoming sailing of Freedom of the Seas on November 30, 2014. Due to a technical issue, it will be necessary to modify the sailing’s itinerary. The Freedom of the Seas will now call to Nassau and CocoCay, Bahamas, and Cozumel, Mexico. A letter with additional details on the updated itinerary, as well as compensation, will be provided to guests at boarding. Check in for the cruise will take place between 1:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. Please advise your clients to not arrive before 1:00 p.m. We appreciate your understanding and thank you for your continued support of Royal Caribbean International.

Does anyone know what the compensation is yet? My mom and dad are on this cruise.

Edited by dcruiser9

Does anyone know what the compensation is yet? My mom and dad are on this cruise.
I heard $250 OBC for Balconies and JSs with 25% off a future cruise. Suites were to get more OBC; Outside and Inside less. This is not HARD AND FAST as information is changing. We have friends on the ship so I am following this sailing.

Schedule:

25% future cruise credit

Undetermined OBC

Hope this helps!

This does help! A lot!! Thank you for posting the updates!

Also regarding the media - yes they do not care about a change in an itinerary - but they DO care about a ship that is broken, and what the company is doing about it to fix it and to compensate their guests.

Edited by siestaclaud

Also regarding the media - yes they do not care about a change in an itinerary - but they DO care about a ship that is broken, and what the company is doing about it to fix it and to compensate their guests.

A problem has been identified, a schedule change made to facilitate on the fly repairs, passengers notified and compensated. Not sure why you are trying to make a bigger matter out of it than it is.

We just got off Freedom today. Even with the propeller problem we had a wonderful cruise. It is what you make of it. We ran into high winds and seas all week. We were 2 hours late into Labadee, we missed Grand Cayman because they closed the port, and we were 2 hours late into PC today. But everybody still pretty much took it all in stride and truly enjoyed themselves. It seemed a happy ship overall. Departure from the ship today was a bit of a challenge. But we all survived OK. Freedom is a great ship. Enjoy everybody!

This is BS. If RCI knows two weeks ahead of time that their equipment is defective, then they should offer FULL refunds and maybe let me make the choice for an alternative short notice cruise on a competitor. Limping around and staying close to ports is an admission that they can't deliver what was sold.

This is BS. If RCI knows two weeks ahead of time that their equipment is defective, then they should offer FULL refunds and maybe let me make the choice for an alternative short notice cruise on a competitor. Limping around and staying close to ports is an admission that they can't deliver what was sold.

I think your location is wrong. You need to come back down to Earth.

Maybe you should try Carnival if you are that unhappy. Belly aching doesn't help.....I think Royal Caribbean is being more than fair.