Breakfast in Cagneys

Carinthalas

I love NCL and I really like the mini suites. However, NCL should remove the word suite from the mini's name. Call it a Deluxe Balcony...or something similar...but not suite.

I whole heartily agree with you! It's very deceiving for those that do not know!

I whole heartily agree with you! It's very deceiving for those that do not know!

Deceiving? Really? Deception implies intent.

I have been booking mini suites for years and even in the early days did not believe they were suites. Mini to me has always meant smaller and less inclusive. This "discussion" comes up so many times and the same things are always said. Just a little work on the part of people will give them all the information they need to knowing what is, and is not, included with a mini suite.

SMH!

I have been booking mini suites for years and even in the early days did not believe they were suites. Mini to me has always meant smaller and less inclusive. This "discussion" comes up so many times and the same things are always said. Just a little work on the part of people will give them all the information they need to knowing what is, and is not, included with a mini suite.

SMH!

So here is the question. Are NCL mini suites more similar to a balcony or a suite? To me, they are more similar to a regular balcony and as such, they should be renamed. I agree with calling them Deluxe Balcony. Whenever I hear the word "suite" I think about upgraded room and amenities.

The true suite perks start with Penthouses and 2 Bedroom Family Suites and go all the way up to Garden Villas on some ships. As a note of interest, the 2 Bedroom Family Suites on Gem class ships are almost identical to The Haven 2 Bedroom Villas, but usually quite a bit less expensive.

SMH!

Implying SUITE to something that is not really a suite is deceiving.

If one does a little work and looks up the word there are many meanings.

de·ceive

dəˈsēv/

verb

gerund or present participle: deceiving

(of a person) cause (someone) to believe something that is not true, typically in order to gain some personal advantage.

OR

(of a thing) give a mistaken impression.

"the area may seem to offer nothing of interest, but don't be deceived"

Considering the mini-suites really are just deluxe larger balcony staterooms. It gives a impression that is easily mistaken!

Yes, it has been a long over talked issue with needing them to be renamed.

SMH!!!!

Before everyone gets their knickers in a knot, I believe RCCL has "junior suites" which are nothing but glorified balconies.

Bathtub - NCL in some cases.

Robes - NCL yes

Coffee & tea service - There is a coffee maker in cabin.

Special seapass - whoop-de-do.

Before everyone gets their knickers in a knot, I believe RCCL has "junior suites" which are nothing but glorified balconies.

Bathtub - NCL in some cases.

Robes - NCL yes

Coffee & tea service - There is a coffee maker in cabin.

Special seapass - whoop-de-do.

Agree! However, have you considered how large the junior suites are in RCI compared to NCL mini suites. Big difference.

Edited by jmele999

Is it just Norwegian & Princess that designate some balcony cabins as "mini suites" or are there other cruise lines as well? Just wondering why they came up with that name in the first place, were they at 1 point actually suites?

I've seen many threads on this board about the mini suites as well, so just wondering.

I've never understood the issue some people have with the word "minisuite". Especially the need to parse out part of the word as a basis to compare it to something else. If people are thinking that a "minisuite" is a suite simply because it contains the word "suite", then they should also think that a "person" is always male because it contains the word "son". :rolleyes:

Cabins on the ships are advertised as having a "minifridge"...does this cause anyone to have difficulty telling the difference between a full refrigerator and a minifridge?

Or should we ask NCL to rename them as Deluxe Coolers?

I've never understood the issue some people have with the word "minisuite". Especially the need to parse out part of the word as a basis to compare it to something else. If people are thinking that a "minisuite" is a suite simply because it contains the word "suite", then they should also think that a "person" is always male because it contains the word "son". :rolleyes:

Cabins on the ships are advertised as having a "minifridge"...does this cause anyone to have difficulty telling the difference between a full refrigerator and a minifridge?

Lol :p:p

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

How is breakfast at Cagney's. Is it that much better?

YES:) They have this eggs benedict type dish on brioche, with (I am probably going to spell this wrong) chorizo type sauce with little pieces of seafood in it... to me, that is one of the more decadent dishes on the entire ship! I think it is called "Fruit De Mer" or something like that. Mmmmm...

So here is the question. Are NCL mini suites more similar to a balcony or a suite? To me, they are more similar to a regular balcony and as such, they should be renamed. I agree with calling them Deluxe Balcony. Whenever I hear the word "suite" I think about upgraded room and amenities.

The benefit of mini-suites is that their occupants can brag to their unknowing friends at home that they were in a mini-suite and pretend like they are a big deal. That's about it. Otherwise it is 95% regular balcony cabin.

Too funny!! I vote for deluxe coolers!!:D

Is it just Norwegian & Princess that designate some balcony cabins as "mini suites" or are there other cruise lines as well? Just wondering why they came up with that name in the first place, were they at 1 point actually suites?

I've seen many threads on this board about the mini suites as well, so just wondering.

Originally NCL mini-suites had concierge access, hence the name. The perk was removed eons ago but the name stayed.