Oasis Pre-Dynamic Dining

wf083145

The 3 venues that currently make up the main dining room on Oasis are American Icon on deck 3 and the Grande on deck 4 and then Silk is the My time dining venue on deck 5.

They have all been redecorated, but have not changed menus and offer traditional dining.

They currently all serve the same menus and follow the same sort of rotation as on Allure and most other ships on 7 day sailings.

We ate in Grande last week for MTD. As PPs said, same menu in all 3 for now. Izumi is now hibachi and sushi/hot rock. Sabor is new and AWESOME. Dog shop is nice and quick. Wonderland was open, but we were on our first cruise and in a regular room so we didn't get to try it. :(

I think everything else stayed the same as before, except the cupcake shop and ice cream parlor are all one venue now.

We ate in Grande last week for MTD. As PPs said, same menu in all 3 for now. Izumi is now hibachi and sushi/hot rock. Sabor is new and AWESOME. Dog shop is nice and quick. Wonderland was open, but we were on our first cruise and in a regular room so we didn't get to try it. :(

So were they only inviting suite guests to try Wonderland? Or maybe Diamond or similar?

Is Sabor supposed to have a charge? I'm on Oasis on 3/7 (the week before DD goes into effect) and I was just able to book it for free. Also able to book Izumi, but I'm wondering if that's a deal since it seems to be a la carte pricing. Wonderland was not available to book.

So were they only inviting suite guests to try Wonderland? Or maybe Diamond or similar?

Is Sabor supposed to have a charge? I'm on Oasis on 3/7 (the week before DD goes into effect) and I was just able to book it for free. Also able to book Izumi, but I'm wondering if that's a deal since it seems to be a la carte pricing. Wonderland was not available to book.

Wonderland should be available to all guests for a fee. Both Sabor and Izumi are a la carte pricing on Oasis.

Coastal kitchen is for suite guest. Wonderland is for ALL guest.

Wonderland is not scheduled to open until DD dining begins in March. Even then there is some discussion that it won't be finished. Right now the people going in and out of there are going to the Concierge Lounge which may or may not remain sharing the space when Wonderland opens. Sabor is an a la carte restaurant at least until DD dining starts on Oasis.

It is very confusing with the transition. Not sure how my MTD reservations will work? Just show up at Silk on Deck 5?

Julie - mom to newlyweds Tyler & DIL Michelle (23 and 25), Lauren (21), Jack (17) and Alicia (14) and wife to Derek (awesome funny guy - hub of 25 years in 2014!)

It is very confusing with the transition. Not sure how my MTD reservations will work? Just show up at Silk on Deck 5?

Julie - mom to newlyweds Tyler & DIL Michelle (23 and 25), Lauren (21), Jack (17) and Alicia (14) and wife to Derek (awesome funny guy - hub of 25 years in 2014!)

What are you confused about? MTD is operating the same as it always has been, as is traditional dining. So, if you have MTD, you'll go to the dining room for MTD at whatever time you want to dine and you'll be seated and dine as usual. There haven't been any changes to how this works. Usually, Deck 5 is the main MTD venue, it will be on your seapass card and in the cruise compass daily for dining times and venue, and dress code. If you have a standing reservation for a particular time, great. Go at that time and you'll be seated. There will be a line for those with reservations and a line for those without. Just go to the line for those with reservations. It's the same as it's always been for now. (until March 2015)

Once it goes to DD, it will work that way for all three dining rooms. Make reservations or walk up, either way. There will be no set dining times, and each venue will have different menus, that don't change each night.

Hope that helps..

On our Oasis cruise last month, they were using all of Deck 5 and half of Deck 4 for MTD...the dining room assignment will be on your sea pass card. Currently, reservations work as they always have for MTD.

Sabor is amazing. We ate there twice. We spoke with the manager of the Suite Lounge/Costal Kitchen who is also responsible for Wonderland's roll out. My understanding is construction starts in the new year and they want it functioning prior to DD for a trial period to get things up and running.

Thank you Cindy and reedprincess. This is helpful. We haven't cruised RCI, so we aren't familiar with the standard. When I read of the change from one MDR to three, I wasn't clear whether our previously made reservations would be split for us to experience each venue, we just pick an option from the three and show up at our MTD res time, or we'd be assigned to one location for the duration. Knowing it will be listed on the seapass card clarifies.

Julie

My understanding is construction starts in the new year and they want it functioning prior to DD for a trial period to get things up and running.
Hopefully it will be open the week before DD starts. I will be happy to try it out for them (preferably at no charge). I suspect the friends we are traveling with would not appreciate it and my wife and I would end up going alone.

Does anyone know where I can find the current set of Oasis MDR menus?

Edited by MisterBill99

The problem with DD is I don't want to make Rez just walk up and sit at a large table and meet new people. When I did this on Quantum in Nov they didn't know where to put me? What use to be nice about a cruise is that you didn't have to think about where you were going to eat. RCCL wants to offer more food options , but they are making things more difficult. I'll just sail other lines and forget about RCCL.

I am confused. We are on Oasis next week and doing traditional dining, not MTD. Will we be eating in the same place each night, or do we rotate through the new venues? I understand the menus haven't changed, but it sounds like there is no one main dining room.

Edited by drb116

I am confused. We are on Oasis next week and doing traditional dining, not MTD. Will we be eating in the same place each night, or do we rotate through the new venues? I understand the menus haven't changed, but it sounds like there is no one main dining room.

They say that there are no changes to traditional until March, so I would assume you will be assigned the same table and servers every night.

I was on the Oasis last week- Clarea is right -Our dining experience was nice but you could tell that things were a little unsettled. But then again I think the MDR is just not as good or intimate as the smaller ships. The extra amenities make up for it.

Edited by harry0