Royal Caribbean Conciege Lounge Crowding

KatnBob

I had a similar experience early in November and again just now when I printed the Set Sail. What I had to do both times times was when I completed the process as the C&A level was not indicated, I closed it out and when back in again to print the SS pass. When the doc came up to print, the C&A level was indicated. Just another added level of intrigue brought to you by the RCI IT department;)!

Thanks for the suggestion. Printed the SS pass yesterday and there was no indication of status. Tried again today and the little blue "D" is there now. Strange!

In a another thread on CC on this forum

From 11/30/14 Navigator Cruise

to quote:

"CL Note - we never found it crowded, always could find a place to sit. We had late dining and the 4 times we went in it was around 6:45ish so the early dining people were gone. Ricardo is a very professional host. He is not as warm and outgoing as others we have met but he did a fine job. No complaints."

Regarding the C&A level not showing on Set Sail Pass, I'm confused.

We just returned from a B2B on Navigator (11/02 & 11/09 sailings) and our status is showing on both Set Sail Passess. The designation is not a "word" but an emblem beside the cabin category - for the above sailings it is a green square with "E" in white lettering in it (We were Emerald for the B2B) and sailed in a Junior Suite (there is a light blue square with "JS" in white lettering beside the "E" square). The squares appear on a row below the huge barcode at the top of the Set Sail Pass. Actually, it's on there twice - also to the left under our names.

Perhaps something changed over the past month, but I can see it on ours. I used Google Chrome to print our passes if that makes a difference.

Hope this helps...

Just off b2b cruises on Quantum. CL was crowded every night. Some came in at 4:30...rearranged chairs to make room for their "friends"....who weren't always there when the lounge opened. We loved the ability to go to other, less crowded bars, but felt bad for the Suite Guests who, unless they're D, D+, or Pinnacle, don't have drink vouchers on their Seapass.

Crystal block they give you as a gift after 140 cruise points. Has the ship etched inside.

WE got one on last cruise by mistake, it had a note congrats on your 420th cruise with a different name on it, we told cabin steward it was a mistake and they should return it but they never did. I am close to 140 points, it is a nice little gtft

Just back from a seven days on Freedom of Seas. It is a beautiful ship and

we loved everything about our suite experience except the Concierge Lounge

evening cocktail hours.

Every evening the lounge was crowded with Diamond+ and Pinnacle Crown

and Anchor ( most of them wear their pins) members. They gather in large

groups, rearrange the furniture and carry on in a loud and boisterous manner

from start to finish. Suite guests are frequently faced with SRO or some

make-shift seating in a corner.

Am I sailing on the wrong ship or this common on other Royal Caribbean ships?

DW and I are D+ and usually cruise with some other friends who are D+ too and we go to the CL every night before dinner. I am guilty of moving some furniture around for others to join us. We have been loud at times as we all discuss the days events and other funny things, but by no means do we exclude anyone. In fact we have seen couples sitting alone and asked them to join us and they usually do...after all, its all about having fun, so yes we have done this but again, we always ask others to join us. Oh and we have our D+ pins in my wife's jewelry box. We never wear them as we have nothing to prove to anyone. We are not the " look at me " type of people and we frown on people who think they are better due to that. I understand you earned your status, but remember.... the feet you step on today, might be the feet you have to kiss tomorrow. :D

In fact we have seen couples sitting alone and asked them to join us and they usually do...after all, its all about having fun, so yes we have done this but again, we always ask others to join us.

Same here. Many report on what they perceive to be rude behavior in the CL, but honestly, it is infrequent. The CL is the place we go to enjoy a drink and meet and make friends, not to flaunt our status.

Reading all of this is interesting when I think back to when we first reached Diamond in 2001. We were sailing on the Radiance and received an invitation to enjoy the CL. We went there a couple times in the evening but never saw anyone else in the lounge. My how things have changed.

Yes, we need to police the people who put the towel down and disappear for hours but giving it 30 to 35 minutes is not unreasonable. It can take that long to get service at the bar or, depending on the ship, get out of the ladies washroom by the pool because of lineups!

You might want to lay off the prunes! ;)

Really

WOW.

Nothing amazes me.

I guess I will have to earn it the hard way.

Diamond for us after this upcoming cruise..................hope to make (+) some day.

Sea Ya

Really

WOW.

Nothing amazes me.

Diamond for us after this upcoming cruise..................hope to make (+) some day.

Sea Ya

The really sad thing is that there's actually a market for them. I just don't get the benefit. The Seapass cards are what the crew and door locks use. So if you can't get the free booze, what's the point? :D

The really sad thing is that there's actually a market for them. I just don't get the benefit. The Seapass cards are what the crew and door locks use. So if you can't get the free booze, what's the point? :D

Inexperienced cruisers don't necessarily realize the pin doesn't really do anything.

Really

WOW.

Nothing amazes me.

Sea Ya

According to the seller, if you wear it, "the staff will notice and give you excellent service, particularly in the dining room, because they recognize your status." :rolleyes:

Edited by LetsGetWet!

How did this thread go from concierge lounge crowding to 30 minute bathroom breaks causing unattended pool chairs. It is amazing how noone is shispering a message in another's ear, yet these threads end up like the classic childhood game of telephone......just saying.

Sent from my SCH-I915 using Forums mobile app

How did this thread go from concierge lounge crowding to 30 minute bathroom breaks causing unattended pool chairs. It is amazing how noone is shispering a message in another's ear, yet these threads end up like the classic childhood game of telephone......just saying.

Sent from my SCH-I915 using Forums mobile app

Exactly my thought when I was reading post 215. I stopped reading half way through, as I thought this thread was about CL crowding.:rolleyes:

Exactly my thought when I was reading post 215. I stopped reading half way through, as I thought this thread was about CL crowding.:rolleyes:
DITTO

:eek:

Sea Ya

Ah, thanks for the chuckles this morning! It's quite obvious that both of you DIDN'T stop reading, as here you are commenting on posts near the end of the thread! :)

Just like face to face conversations, sometimes threads can wander. It happens!

Ah, thanks for the chuckles this morning! It's quite obvious that both of you DIDN'T stop reading, as here you are commenting on posts near the end of the thread! :)

Just like face to face conversations, sometimes threads can wander. It happens!

You are ever so right.

And

I am guilty of this.

For me it is called "hijacking" a thread when it deals with one topic and I ask something kinda sorta related............................like what I am doing now:D

Safe travels

Sea Ya

Hilarious reading this post. Definitely snobs in the lounge. We are Diamond Plus and have been for a few years now. Every now and then when we walk in the room goes silent and everyone looks at us like "OMG how are they in here, they look WAY too young to be in here"! Yep I paid just as much for my Grand Suite as they did, suck it old people LOL! :D Just kidding don't take offense to that.

On a serious note we have met many great people from all over the world in there and do enjoy the overall lounge experience. Over crowded or not!