Qsine on Celebrity Summit

ladytaekwondo

Has anyone tried Qsine on Celebrity Summit? It looks intriguing--I looked at the menu. What do you actually get for the $45? Do you select an appetizer, soup/salad, and entrée or just one item for the menu? Would my very traditional 77 year old parents enjoy it? ANY comments would be most welcome. My DH and I are foodies and would like to try it.

Has anyone tried Qsine on Celebrity Summit? It looks intriguing--I looked at the menu. What do you actually get for the $45? Do you select an appetizer, soup/salad, and entrée or just one item for the menu? Would my very traditional 77 year old parents enjoy it? ANY comments would be most welcome. My DH and I are foodies and would like to try it.

If you are serious foodies, go for the show, not for the food.

There is a sample menu on the Celebrity website. From what I have read, it appears you can select as many courses as you like from the menu (on an iPad). Some are for two or more people.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/cruise-restaurants-qsine

I don't know about your traditional 77 year old parents. I know my 85 year old dad wouldn't be interested in anything like that :)

If you're a foodie like myself, Qsine is really good and a must try. If your parents enjoy a good quality meal you should take them as well.

It is a tapas style restaurant where you order items to share. The portions are of a good size. They say you should order between 4 or 5 different items per couple. But if you take your parents I think you could get away with 7 items between all of you.

I would order them two at a time or three if you go with your parents. When the second/third item comes then order two more. I found that you need to space the food out a little more than ordering all at once.

My wife and I when we went ordered 6 items and we were stuffed. Mind you we did somehow find room for dessert. :p

We enjoyed most of them. The ones we didn't were still good but I wouldn't order them again. We're looking forward to trying it again in January.

It certainly isn't traditional and there isn't an alternate (traditional) menu.

You each are handed an apple ipad where you select the "dishes" you would like for dinner (you can always order more later). There is a wide assortment of items, all prepared and served in creative ways....for example they put sushi pieces on the end of sticks and call them sushi lollipops. It is a fun meal and each item is interesting.

If your parents are meat and potatoes folks, they probably won't like the restaurant. If they like various nationality foods and trying different things, then they'll enjoy it a great deal.

I don't think you need to book before your cruise. You can wait and check out the restaurant when you get on board and decide then. Depending on the cruise, they sometimes have some discount offers that you can't get before the cruise. On our last cruise, we dined there for 50% off.

The food question. It is totally subjective. Some folks really enjoy it,

others folks think it is corny and not good and not worth the $.

But it is not your typical appetizer, entree, dessert by any stretch.

There are at least 20 categories on an I-PAD and different food under

each category.

I have eaten there several times, including on Summit and always

have a good time:).......I ate at Qsine last month on Reflection with

6 cruisemates from my roll call and we all had fun:)

Again, what one person loves, another person can't stand......we can

all only give you our own opinon about it. But we all have different ones,

about all the restaurants on board;)

In my opinion Qsine is a chain restaurant like T.G.I Fridays with an upgrade for presentation. The food was so so and not worth more than a $20 up charge. My 82yr old parents would probably like it because they always share a meal when they go out to dinner. It's actually perfect for them. They like to pick on different appetizers which is kind of what Qsine is about. I enjoyed the whimsical atmosphere but it was by no means worth the the price they were charging for sliders and french fries. We tried the Treseviche and didn't care for it. The meatballs were dry and heavy but flavorful. The best dish was the painter's Mignon.

I thought the meatballs were totally moist and delicious, just my

opinion. I think the menu is nothing like a chain.....and Friday's?

yes, they have sliders and fries.....that is why I don't order them when

I go to Qsine.........

I don't know any chains that serve some of the items on the menu.

The M's.....all Mediterraean choices:)......I don't think Friday's serves

them:D

I guess the original poster will have to decide if she and her family

want to try it;)

The night we went, we were the only people in the place except the wait staff. They're weren't anything out of the ordinary. I'm not sure what the "experience" is supposed to be, but I don't think we got it.

Patty, you were the only 2 people in the place? WOW:eek:...every time

I have ever eaten there, there have always been other folks.......that

is strange!:confused: Are we talking about the same place??

I did not enjoy the experience, first they hand me a Ipad to place my order. I told the waiter I have no experience with a Ipad and asked for a regular menu.

Waiter said no menus but I will show you how to use the Ipad. I got lost and told the waiter to just bring me a salad, steak, potato and a cup of coffee. :o

Patty, you were the only 2 people in the place? WOW:eek:...every time

I have ever eaten there, there have always been other folks.......that

is strange!:confused: Are we talking about the same place??

Yeah, it wasn't what I expected from what I've read here on CC. We were the only 2 people for most of the meal. They put us all the way in the back and the only people we saw were staff. When we were just about done, some other people came in but they were seated several tables away.

There was very little interaction with the wait staff; they took our order and brought the food. That's it.

If you want to have a bit of fun, go. If you take life too seriously to relax and enjoy some whimsy, don't go. Although not on Summit, we liked the experience so much on Reflection that we went again. One of the husbands did not want to go the first time - he's in the "too serious" group - and we had to force him to go. He enjoyed himself so much that he's the one who suggested going a second time.

Edited by fortinweb