do you think that Oasis got ruined in drydock?

They haven't taken anything away from D+ as far as I know....:confused:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2136521

There is currently no longer hot breakfast or lunch menu on Oasis now and Allure after drydock. Some are upset about that. CL on deck 11 closes in January as reported by many. Some say March too so who knows.

Perhaps the word and feeling that (OP had overheard) "Oasis was ruined" may go to a loss of familiarity...something I too miss at times with all the changes taking place...

This doesn't make someone a "fool" to miss what they had become comfortable with and could expect.

Sometimes it's hard to keep up with how quickly our world is changing...sometimes for the better sometimes in the end not so much.

Our first time on the Oasis and as D+. The most awesome cruise ever. Venues, crew, meals, entertainment, concierge in d lounge, cl lounge, suite lounge all fabulous. Come here to get wowed...we are staying another week! I will not allow those who feel entitled ruin my experience. When you treat people with kindness and respect and go looking for joy you usually find it.

100% spot on. Enjoy your second week on Oasis.:)

The only negative I experienced, and it wouldn't be relevant for those not disabled, but I travelled with my disabled father, both of us are diamond, almost diamond plus members and the new diamond lounge, which is super nice, is not handicap accessible. Hopefully they'll change that soon so it can be enjoyed by all.

It helped a lot to be able to get the happy hour drinks elsewhere every night but it eliminated the lounge as a place to relax, enjoy, eat a snack, drink coffee etc throughout the day.

i have no idea what perks she was referring to. All i know is she keep repeating that she was diamond plus. I have no idea what that even entails as we are lowly gold and just cruise to cruise, not gain status.

Bill

Oasis did not have a D/DP special breakfast every morning. Another thing about Oasis, albeit this applies to all passangers, you have to pay $99.00 a week if you want to use the steam room or Sauna. These are free on all other ships I've been on. I cant think of anything else that was taken away. Oh yeah, Im a DP.

Ruined is a perfectly suitable word, Oasis is a ship we will no longer use as well.

Agreed! We will not sail on a ship that does not have a MDR option. We tried DD on Quantum, and the restaurant concept does not work for us. (We didn't like the impersonal and rushed level of service, nor the limited menu in the complementary restaurants with not enough choices for return visits.)

Agreed! We will not sail on a ship that does not have a MDR option. We tried DD on Quantum, and the restaurant concept does not work for us. (We didn't like the impersonal and rushed level of service, nor the limited menu in the complementary restaurants with not enough choices for return visits.)

On our next cruise on Allure, Dynamic Dining will be in place for the first time. We're not really thrilled at the idea either, but will give it a try. We also plan to do some specialty dining (as done in the past).

Our best cruise experiences are with a real dining room and with fellow passengers you get to meet and enjoy dinner conversations.

From the numerous posts I've read on the topic here, there is a mixed bag of feedback regarding Dynamic Dining. Overall, people either like it or hate it, with only a small fraction of folks in-between.

My suggestion to those with less-than-enjoyable experiences with Dynamic Dining - send you feedback to Royal Caribbean via e-mail or your survey replies. They need to hear that information if anything will change in the future.

I am diamond level and will enjoy the sea view from the new Diamond lounge. I will miss the Viking Crown lounge, but that won't stop me from enjoying the Oasis next February.

change is hard for people and the OP might see a brighter picture in time.

Same here, I am with you!

I'm only a lowly diamond so I guess I just need to convince DH we need to sail in GS and above from now on.

Oh who am I kidding? We are usually not up for breakfast anyway.

But I really do like the CL because our teen kids can (currently) join us vs the DL, so we do often book high enough to enjoy that.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you were Diamond plus or above you were very used to the perks offered in the CL...which included full cooked to order breakfast as well as lunch with beer and wine included. The CL lounge was a VERY utilized area for D+ and above....a HUGE highlight for this tier C&A members that frequented Oasis/Allure. Having been on both ships well over a dozen times combined....i can tell you...the loss of the CL on deck 11 will be greatly missed. Glad i have another sailing on Allure in March to enjoy for what seems will be the last time to use the CL.

Edited by bajathree

If you were Diamond plus or above you were very used to the perks offered in the CL...which included full cooked to order breakfast as well as lunch with beer and wine included. The CL lounge was a VERY utilized area for D+ and above....a HUGE highlight for this tier C&A members that frequented Oasis/Allure. Having been on both ships well over a dozen times combined....i can tell you...the loss of the CL on deck 11 will be greatly missed. Glad i have another sailing on Allure in March to enjoy for what seems will be the last time to use the CL.

Not to seem dumb, but the CL was open to D+ and pinnacle and GS+. Right? Now it's just GS+ and pinnacle? I can see where that would be a slap in the but. Especially with no peace offering. I do think the royalty is becoming too overpopulated an

Decisions have to be made in the best interest of,the majority of all passengers

If I ever make it to D+ I'm sure I will miss some things, but then I will figure out what I need to do to buy them to get sure I want next time

Life is too,short to bitch and complain. Let's figure out what we can do to make this better. What will solve this problem?

Not to seem dumb, but the CL was open to D+ and pinnacle and GS+. Right? Now it's just GS+ and pinnacle? I can see where that would be a slap in the but. Especially with no peace offering. I do think the royalty is becoming too overpopulated an

Decisions have to be made in the best interest of,the majority of all passengers

It's actually just the opposite. The CL is currently open to Diamond Plus and Pinnacle members, but it will be closing permanently in late January/early February so the space can be converted to Wonderland. The new Suite Lounge and Coastal Kitchen restaurant is in the old Viking Crown space on 17, and that's what's open only to GS and up plus Pinnacles.

Edited by Cindy

If I ever make it to D+ I'm sure I will miss some things, but then I will figure out what I need to do to buy them to get sure I want next time

Life is too,short to bitch and complain. Let's figure out what we can do to make this better. What will solve this problem?

Not "bitching and complaining"...was just stating the facts.

In reality I have always thought that a lounge that mixed suite guests with loyalty was never a good choice.

One other thing that just occurred to me....the CL lounge allows children...the Diamond lounge doesn't. So that will also be another change for loyalty guests that have kids and used the lounge during cocktail hour.

Unfortunately, not universally enforced anymore.

• 2 weeks later...
HHhmmmm....that's interesting Clarea...wonder if they are relaxing that rule now with the DL like they did with the CL a couple years ago.

When we are traveling with just our family which includes 3 older teens, we really like to stay in A GS or above so the kids can join us in the CL. We had a really fun group in the CL when we were on the Navigator in the Med and we all met some interesting people and many passengers enjoyed talking to our kids and vice versa.

I know there are some strong feelings about kids in the lounges, but I think maybe they should say 13 and up or similar for the diamond lounge or just relax it but enforce appropriate behavior.

Not all kids are awful, and many add a lot to conversations. The prejudice against kids drives me a little bonkers.

And no one can say it's about the drinking. If that were the case kids would not be allowed on the boat