Water Bottles?

snglmom

Hi - I am trying to figure out exactly what i need to pack and was wondering about plastic refillable water bottles. Are these allowed? It is worth taking and refilling? I think we would use them during excursions and maybe in the room. Thanks!

Hi - I am trying to figure out exactly what i need to pack and was wondering about plastic refillable water bottles. Are these allowed? It is worth taking and refilling? I think we would use them during excursions and maybe in the room. Thanks!

Yes, of course. The ship's water is fine and each cabin has a fridge to keep water cold.

I always pack a reusable (Brita) water bottle. I carry it empty to the airport and fill it after I clear security. It is certainly allowed on the ship and I have taken it on excursions as well. Since I don't drink bottled waters, this has come in very handy. But this is one of those things that there may be differing opinions on:)

Hi - I am trying to figure out exactly what i need to pack and was wondering about plastic refillable water bottles. Are these allowed? It is worth taking and refilling? I think we would use them during excursions and maybe in the room. Thanks![/quote

Greetings just FYI... Now This is kind of embarrassing,however ,the last time my wife and I were on a cruise, in between all the alcohol we consumed, we were drinking water by the glass (the free water) and after 24 hours we both had the worst smelling gas ever. Has any one else ever experienced this?

Greetings just FYI... Now This is kind of embarrassing,however ,the last time my wife and I were on a cruise, in between all the alcohol we consumed, we were drinking water by the glass (the free water) and after 24 hours we both had the worst smelling gas ever. Has any one else ever experienced this?

I think it must have been something you ate.:) In more than 50 cruises we have always drunk the ship's water and never experienced the problem you mention. From what I understand, the tap water on the ships is about the purest you can get - better than most bottled water.

I am all for water bottles. Word of caution. I have seen people refill their water bottles from the buffet water dispenser....allowing the opening of the container to come in contact with the spigot.

Please either fill it in your room or order water in a glass and pour it into water bottle. The water on the ship is very safe to drink. But the lemonade is better.

I am all for water bottles. Word of caution. I have seen people refill their water bottles from the buffet water dispenser....allowing the opening of the container to come in contact with the spigot.

Please either fill it in your room or order water in a glass and pour it into water bottle. The water on the ship is very safe to drink. But the lemonade is better.

I would say many nasty things have touched the one on the cabin as well. :(

I fill my water bottle in the HC many times on my cruises. It is quite easy to fill the bottle with both ice and water without the mouth of the bottle touching the spigot. Since one does not normally drink out of the bottle itself but rather the top through either a straw, pop up or other means, the mouth of the bottle is no more contaminated than the glass one is holding. I have never seen anyone touch the spigot with hands, bottles or glasses.

I have a Contigo bottle that I carry with me. It goes through security empty, then I fill it up with ice for the airplane trip - helps my poor back to get comfortable in those lovely seats! :rolleyes:

Then, I can either use it on the ship, or just take it with me on shore excursions. The main reason I use the Contigo instead of a generic bottle is that it has a clip that I can use to put it on my belt loop, purse, or bag.

And, unless I drop it from shoulder high onto concrete, it doesn't leak. Technically, even then it didn't leak so much as shatter....

And rum runners don't have to have rum in them - I use them as collapsible water bottles - keep a couple in the fridge, take one on excursions, when you've drunk the water, they collapse right down and take up no space in your backpack.

Definitely would not take a case of disposable bottles on board - all that plastic waste! There is sooooo much waste on board - all that endless paper pushing spa deals etc. that I'm not interested in - I surely don't want to make more. Yes, I know they recycle what they can, but there's just such an avalanche of paper, it disturbs me ...

Hi - I am trying to figure out exactly what i need to pack and was wondering about plastic refillable water bottles. Are these allowed? It is worth taking and refilling? I think we would use them during excursions and maybe in the room. Thanks![/quote

Thanks for the Unnecessary info, phewww.

I have a Contigo bottle that I carry with me. It goes through security empty, then I fill it up with ice for the airplane trip - helps my poor back to get comfortable in those lovely seats! :rolleyes:

Then, I can either use it on the ship, or just take it with me on shore excursions. The main reason I use the Contigo instead of a generic bottle is that it has a clip that I can use to put it on my belt loop, purse, or bag.

And, unless I drop it from shoulder high onto concrete, it doesn't leak. Technically, even then it didn't leak so much as shatter....

I took insulated water bottles but they were too large to get water from the HC water station.... so I would hold up things a bit having to fill up the water glasses then pour into the water bottle.

I took insulated water bottles but they were too large to get water from the HC water station.... so I would hold up things a bit having to fill up the water glasses then pour into the water bottle.

Since passengers are asked not to put contains directly with the water dispensers in the HC, using the water glasses and pouring is the correct way to do it.

On ruby, for instance, there is a plastic guard on the lido water

dispensers so it is almost impossible to touch to nozzle.

And, in my experience, water in the lido and dining room is taste-filtered,

while the water in the cabin is not.

Since passengers are asked not to put contains directly with the water dispensers in the HC, using the water glasses and pouring is the correct way to do it.

No signs on the Royal. They also had a guard to keep people from touching the spigot. I suppose they added the guard since not many people paid attention to the sign anyway.

Why do you suspect the water? :confused: It could have been what you were drinking or maybe all the peanuts you consumed at the bar! :D