Get C&A Points Without Boarding?

Garavar

Bit of and odd question...I want to book a cruise for my mother and her 2 friends as a gift. Since it will be 3 people, I have to purchase 2 cabins and have to pay full price for second cabin.

Therefore, I was wondering if I add myself to second cabin (price will be same) and dont board the ship, will i still get CA credits?

Yeah but I thought if 1 person is higher in linked account they dont accumulate..

ie

Husband is Plantinum with 35 pts. Wife is Gold with 15 pts. She is Plantinum because of linked accounts. If she sails without him his total stays at 35, hers goes up.

Yeah but I thought if 1 person is higher in linked account they dont accumulate..

ie

Husband is Plantinum with 35 pts. Wife is Gold with 15 pts. She is Plantinum because of linked accounts. If she sails without him his total stays at 35, hers goes up.

Each person keeps their own total. When two people are linked, Royal's website shows each of them at the highest point total any one of them has. In other words, if you are only looking at Royal's website, you cannot tell how many points each person has when the people are linked.

I know, but the wont ever reach anything higher than Gold, I am certain

So what's your point? The person who actually sails gets the points whether they want them or not - they cannot "give" them to another party regardless of who paid for the cruise.

Bit of and odd question...I want to book a cruise for my mother and her 2 friends as a gift. Since it will be 3 people, I have to purchase 2 cabins and have to pay full price for second cabin.

Therefore, I was wondering if I add myself to second cabin (price will be same) and dont board the ship, will i still get CA credits?

points are not issued until AFTER the cruise ends. if you do not board, you do not earn the points.

why must you book 2 cabins? there are plenty of cabins that will sleep three. and not all of them are pullmans for the third occupant, it is a fold out couch.

why must you book 2 cabins? there are plenty of cabins that will sleep three. and not all of them are pullmans for the third occupant, it is a fold out couch.

Was just about to say the same myself.

Given you'll pay for four in two cabins, there will be a saving, even if the 3/4 rate is quite high.

If you could at all stand to go along, I say, go along.

I bought my MIL and her friend a cruise this summer on HAL. Painful to buy a cruise you aren't earning points/miles/whatevers for!

They were in a room that could have slept 4 and the price difference would have been very low. I thought about me and DS going along, then shuddered at the idea of being in the room with them.

The week before they left I realized that the week of sailing was a week with nothing on DS and my schedule, and we totally could have gone. We should have gone. I could have dealt with MIL for one week for that cruise.

Sigh.

But...you won't get everyone's points, even if you go...you will only get YOUR points, regardless of how much you pay for the others.

Yeah I know, my original question was just if I would get points for trip if I didnt actually go but paid for a cabin.

ie Did the fine print require me to actually board the ship and go on the cruise or being on manifest was sufficient.

It appears I got my answer though.

Yeah I know, my original question was just if I would get points for trip if I didnt actually go but paid for a cabin.

ie Did the fine print require me to actually board the ship and go on the cruise or being on manifest was sufficient.

Wonderful!......:D

Seems like you were considering a very expensive way of getting C&A points without getting the attendant benefits of actually taking a cruise.

You are not the first one to ask, nor will you be the last. And you know before you make your booking decision.

Sometimes this comes up when a person must cancel at the last minute; since they have paid, they'd like to get the points. Sadly, they do not get the points if they do not sail.

It is kind of you to treat your mother and her friends.:D

That was a good question and thread, as I have wondered about that. When I see a cruise on for really cheap, i thought about booking it and then not showing up to still get my points. The cruise cost is only about 25% of my cost to go...airfare, food, hotel and drink package makes up the other 75%.

SO if I was really anxious, that would be a way for a few hundred bucks to get some extra points, without spending $2000 to actually go on the cruise......

So good to know thats not an option....or maybe thats not good to know, wish it was..lol