Dynamic Dining postponed for Oasis & Allure

brfan

Royal Caribbean Brand Communications Manager Harrison Liu also discussed the future of Dynamic Dining, "As we continue to gather guest feedback we will evaluate ways to continue to elevate the Dynamic Dining experience to give our guests the choices and flexibility we know they desire. As we introduce Dynamic Dining to other ships in the fleet, further dates and details will be confirmed. "

This is official from royal caribbean as posted on another blog site.

Note; as we introduce DD to other ships in the fleet.

Thanks for that Rich - nice to have confirmation from official sources rather than speculation and hearsay. Still hoping for DD for my 2 Allure sailings and my Oasis sailing later this year :D

Yeah, here's from CC with quotes from Liu - don't hold your breath for your 3 Allure/Oasis 2015 cruises! ;)

"Plans to expand the Dynamic Dining program to other ships in the fleet, including Oasis of the Seas and Allure of the Seas, have been put on hold. Liu says no concrete dates have yet been set for implementation."

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=6174

Maybe its just semantics, but "put on hold" sounds a little more negative than just "delayed."

Edited by LetsGetWet!

There are four and only four listed at this very moment on the Royal webpage, that's my source...

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/quantumoftheseas/dining/restaurants/devinly-decadence/

Well we all know how up to date the web site is. :rolleyes:

I think I'll take the word of an actual customer for now.

Quite an interesting read with regards to Classic, DD, Quantum, Anthem and even a wee mention about Oasis & Allure -

I wonder what they will replace DD with on Quantum when she goes to her new home?

I'll go out on a limb. Chinese food. :o

Well we all know how up to date the web site is. :rolleyes:

I think I'll take the word of an actual customer for now.

FWIW, in this case the website has been updated recently enough to list Devinly Decadence as a complimentary venue, which is quite recent. I'd sure like to see a copy of the actual menu, rather than just an assurance from an avid DD advocate.

FWIW, in this case the website has been updated recently enough to list Devinly Decadence as a complimentary venue, which is quite recent. I'd sure like to see a copy of the actual menu, rather than just an assurance from an avid DD advocate.

As opposed to the opinions of an equally avid DD opponent.

Yeah, here's from CC with quotes from Liu - don't hold your breath for your 3 Allure/Oasis 2015 cruises! ;)

"Plans to expand the Dynamic Dining program to other ships in the fleet, including Oasis of the Seas and Allure of the Seas, have been put on hold. Liu says no concrete dates have yet been set for implementation."

Maybe its just semantics, but "put on hold" sounds a little more negative than just "delayed."

If that article is correct then Dynamic Dining is dead. They might have something they call Dynamic Dining on some ships, (Anthem) but it will only have a slight resemblence to the original concept.

If that article is correct then Dynamic Dining is dead. They might have something they call Dynamic Dining on some ships, (Anthem) but it will only have a slight resemblence to the original concept.

Why do you say that? This new "Classic" dining is only going to be an option within the original dining (atleast on Anthem)...

Why do you say that? This new "Classic" dining is only going to be an option within the original dining (atleast on Anthem)...

Okay, now on Royal ships there are two seatings and MTD (open seating). On Anthem there will be two seatings or DD (open seating). On Anthem the Classic Dining will rotate and the DD will be able to pick from the four venues. DD has been relegated to an option. Quantum won't have Dynamic Dining. Oasis and Allure won't have Dynamic Dining. Not much left of the original concept. What is left is closer to what already exists, Classic seatings and MTD than what was originally planned.

Okay, now on Royal ships there are two seatings and MTD (open seating). On Anthem there will be two seatings or DD (open seating). On Anthem the Classic Dining will rotate and the DD will be able to pick from the four venues. DD has been relegated to an option. Quantum won't have Dynamic Dining. Oasis and Allure won't have Dynamic Dining. Not much left of the original concept. What is left is closer to what already exists, Classic seatings and MTD than what was originally planned.

Well that's a good point.

This was posted today on another website:

Royal Caribbean confirmed our earlier report that a new dining option will be added to Dynamic Dining that will offer passengers a more traditional dining experience called Classic, where guests will rotate among the complimentary restaurants each night of their cruise with the same wait staff each evening.

Royal Caribbean issued a statement that Dynamic Dining Classic will be a new option for guests to consider in addition to the existing Dynamic Dining program and will debut first on Anthem of the Seas in April 2015.

Classic dining will offer two set dinner seating times for guests who prefer a traditional cruise dining style.

Dynamic Dining’s “Classic” option allows guests to rotate through each of the four main complimentary restaurants at an early- or a late-seating time throughout their cruise with their dining group and the same assigned waiter each evening. Dynamic Dining’s “Classic” dining option will be available for pre-booking early March.

Royal Caribbean Brand Communications Manager Harrison Liu also discussed the future of Dynamic Dining, "As we continue to gather guest feedback we will evaluate ways to continue to elevate the Dynamic Dining experience to give our guests the choices and flexibility we know they desire. As we introduce Dynamic Dining to other ships in the fleet, further dates and details will be confirmed. "

Dynamic Dining Classic is part of an effort by Royal Caribbean to improve the Dynamic Dining Experience. In the last few weeks on Quantum of the Seas, Royal Caribbean has introduced new menu options at the four complimentary restaurants, increased staffing levels in the complimentary restaurants and added Devinly Decadence as a complimentary restaurant.

I have some of the same "Huh?"

Okay, now on Royal ships there are two seatings and MTD (open seating).

Yes, currently that is correct (note: "currently"), but that is no different than anything before (these ships have not had anything differently implemented), but adoption on other ships doesn't impact any definition or implementation on some ships.

On Anthem there will be two seatings or DD (open seating).

I see it a bit different (which seems to be supported by the various corporate comments): there is DD that includes the option to select some number of available fixed-time seatings that will rotate among the venues.

On Anthem the Classic Dining will rotate and the DD will be able to pick from the four venues. DD has been relegated to an option.

No, officially "Classic" is the option within DD ("Dynamic Dining Classic") that offers a specific time and will rotate among the venues. "Regular" DD (as there isn't a term for this) allows the guest to select the time and rotation.

Quantum won't have Dynamic Dining. Oasis and Allure won't have Dynamic Dining.

None of the above has been stated in the article (that these ships "won't" have DD), the article only states that it is "on hold", allowing for either death or resurrection.

Not much left of the original concept. What is left is closer to what already exists, Classic seatings and MTD than what was originally planned.

Incorrect, as there are still the different themed venues that (somehow even for the "Classic" option) will require a selection of the venue. Nothing like MTD or Traditional in a non-themed rotational-menu MDR, but far more like how the company was conceptualizing DD in their press releases.

A portion of the news story posted on CC that states DD will be removed from the Quantum once she reaches China.

"Although Quantum of the Seas' dining room staff numbers have been increased and menu options have become more varied, Harrison Liu, Royal Caribbean's manager of brand communications, says the "Classic" option won't be added to Dynamic Dining on that ship before it relocates to China in May. (When the ship makes its move, Liu says something new will be implemented in place of Dynamic Dining, but no details have yet been released.)"

Link to full article ,

Edited by Ourusualbeach

I guess you don't understand the meaning of the word "opinion." I reported what the official RCI website says. That's not an opinion. :rolleyes:

We are all aware of the shortcomings of the website. Things onboard are often different. The OP said Divine had 8 entrees. Why do you not believe him. :confused:

I think you are believing what you want to make your point. Look at menu again. 3 starters say perfect for sharing or large enough for an entree. Two of the salads appear to be entree style as well. Maybe that is what the OP meant and you blew off because you don't value his opinion

We are all aware of the shortcomings of the website. Things onboard are often different. The OP said Divine had 8 entrees. Why do you not believe him. :confused:

Devinly Decadence had at least 12 entrees on the first half of the maiden voyage and they actually decided to simplify the dinner menu and match it up better with their lunch offering. They are able to update and print new menus onboard and even if there are menus out there, there is no absolute certainty that it will be the same menu on the evening you dine there.

I had three wonderful meals at Divinly Decadence with 2 lunches and 1 dinner and it was one of my favorites onboard Quantum.

There are four and only four listed at this very moment on the Royal webpage, that's my source...

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/quantumoftheseas/dining/restaurants/devinly-decadence/

The menus they have online are just sample menus of the types of food they have at each of the restaurants. They are not the actual menus. They also changed the menus two weeks ago during the middle of our cruise. There are about 7-8 entrees at each of the restaurants.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by kevinax

Appreciate your sharing that. Any news on changes to the Concierge Club? Will it become the Diamond Club as Oasis.

Sorry no news on the Concierge Club, my concern recently has been the dining options (due to family dietary needs).

If Allure had gone to DD then I would have needed to reconsider our bookings on her.

Sorry no news on the Concierge Club, my concern recently has been the dining options (due to family dietary needs).

If Allure had gone to DD then I would have needed to reconsider our bookings on her.

I am a little confused on this as according to the Royal Caribbean website:

The scheduled introduction of dynamic dining on Oasis of the Seas and Allure of the Seas has been postponed until later in the year.

I was on quantum 2 weeks ago and booked on Allure for March 2016 while on board and got a nice discount. According to the folks who were working on the ship, dynamic dining will be in place by then on Allure. No mention has been said that it won't, only that it was postponed while they worked on it.

I am a little confused on this as according to the Royal Caribbean website:

The scheduled introduction of dynamic dining on Oasis of the Seas and Allure of the Seas has been postponed until later in the year.

I was on quantum 2 weeks ago and booked on Allure for March 2016 while on board and got a nice discount. According to the folks who were working on the ship, dynamic dining will be in place by then on Allure. No mention has been said that it won't, only that it was postponed while they worked on it.

The staff on Quantum would not have been aware of the news that DD has been "put on hold" for Oasis & Allure as you can see in this link -

They would probably not have known also about the new Classic option for Anthem and that Quantum will not have DD when she goes to her new home.

The staff on Quantum would not have been aware of the news that DD has been "put on hold" for Oasis & Allure as you can see in this link -

They would probably not have known also about the new Classic option for Anthem and that Quantum will not have DD when she goes to her new home.

They were very aware that it was put on hold. They just said that by March of 2016 it would be in place. I guess we just have to wait and see. They couldn't have knowns about the additional classic dining option on anthem. Was It announced DD was not going to be on quantum? It only said the classic dining option would not be added to quantum. I did not see that anywhere that dynamic dining was changing- only that anthem would have an additional dining option.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by kevinax