Shampoo, Conditioner, lotion in the cabins

If you are in a junior suite or higher, they are in the cabin. If you're not, you can request them.

There is also a point level, after which toiletries are supposed to be provided, but I don't recall what it is.

For those that have recently sailed would you confirm if these items are available in the cabin. I just read another random post saying they aren't. That's crazy - is it really true.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

nothing is correct...perhaps gel in the showers but I can't remember lol

If you are in a junior suite or higher, they are in the cabin. If you're not, you can request them.

There is also a point level, after which toiletries are supposed to be provided, but I don't recall what it is.

You are supposed to get upgraded amenities at 340 points, but whenever I mention that to a stateroom attendant, they look at me like I'm from Mars. Except on Explorer last cruise where they did it without asking.:)

Edited by clarea

You are supposed to get upgraded amenities at 340 points, but whenever I mention that to a stateroom attendant, they look at me like I'm from Mars. Except on Explorer last cruise where they did it without asking.:)

Thanks Bob. I couldn't remember if it was 340 or 350. We usually bring our own, so it is not an issue.

Quote the raven "Nevermore"

No shampoo

No lotion

No shower gel

No conditioner

No more coupon books...which is actually a good thing

No more pens

No more paper to write notes to room steward, or anyone else

No more Evian as welcome back gift, Crystal brand bottles water....cheap stuff

No more chocolate covered strawberries

No more towel animals

No more clean glasses everyday

No more auto ice buckets

No more free room service

No more chocolates on pillow

Take your own pic and download for online checkin, less employees

No more waiters helping anyone on the Quantums Windjammer

No more cleaning up around the food dishes on Quantom Windjammer

A lot of serving utensils in the food...yuk

Too late to think of more no mores...can you?

Not on Quantum with our D1 Balcony cabin. We could request shampoo and it was then replaced as needed by the room steward for the cruise. But NO conditioner or lotion was available to us "lowly" balcony or below folks.... When we asked about it at Guest Services, they told us that it is taking place on all the ships. Perhaps it is up to the particular hotel manager as to when it happens.

Not on Quantum with our D1 Balcony cabin. We could request shampoo and it was then replaced as needed by the room steward for the cruise. But NO conditioner or lotion was available to us "lowly" balcony or below folks.... When we asked about it at Guest Services, they told us that it is taking place on all the ships. Perhaps it is up to the particular hotel manager as to when it happens.

Strange... We were on Quantum 12/1 and after requesting, our steward got us shampoo, conditioner and shower gel, and then replaced as needed. Not sure if they had lotion, but we didn't get any. We had one of the front oceanview rooms, no balcony. Maybe it depends on the room steward!

Just returned from Allure. We had bottles of shampoo, conditioner and lotion. This was a first for us and we were surprised. I don't know if it is standard for everyone or because we are diamond, although we have been diamond for a few cruises already. I didn't use any of the toiletries since I prefer to bring my own but it was still nice to have them.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You can still get most of that stuff on Carnival...

I wonder if the stewards were happy the cruise line removed these items. Now when you ask the steward they go "above and beyond" to hand you some miniature toiletries. Follow the yellow brick road...

Just returned from Allure. We had bottles of shampoo, conditioner and lotion. This was a first for us and we were surprised. I don't know if it is standard for everyone or because we are diamond, although we have been diamond for a few cruises already. I didn't use any of the toiletries since I prefer to bring my own but it was still nice to have them.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, it was odd. I didn't get the bottles of shampoo conditioner and lotion on the Nov. 2 sailing but they were there for the Dec. 7th one. I wonder if they changed vendors. Even the bars of soap were a different brand.

I really can't imagine any woman not bringing her own toiletries....guys...maybe, but not females.

You never know what you will get, whether it's on a ship or in a hotel....and I wouldn't risk not having what I need.

So easy to bring what works for you!

I really can't imagine any woman not bringing her own toiletries....guys...maybe, but not females.

You never know what you will get, whether it's on a ship or in a hotel....and I wouldn't risk not having what I need.

So easy to bring what works for you!

I am female and my hair is fine with hotel shampoo and conditioner. With the times of luggage weight worries and 3-1-1 bags we have to save luggage space. Even more so that I have a toddler with plenty of things to travel with.

It's been about 8 years since I've cruise RCI, with the prices they charge I'd expect some shampoo and conditioner. #disappointed

For those that have recently sailed would you confirm if these items are available in the cabin. I just read another random post saying they aren't. That's crazy - is it really true.

balconies and below: a dispenser in the shower with a combo shower gel/ shampoo. opinion is split as to whether it is good enough or useless,

JS and up have the hotel size bottles of individual items.

anyone may request those bottles.

I only use the shower gel and lotion as I am anal about my shampoo

balconies and below: a dispenser in the shower with a combo shower gel/ shampoo. opinion is split as to whether it is good enough or useless,

JS and up have the hotel size bottles of individual items.

anyone may request those bottles.

I only use the shower gel and lotion as I am anal about my shampoo

Dispensers are not in Quantum, at least for balcony or below.

I ran into a few women on our 12/12/2014 cruise who had to shop at port canaveral stop for theses as they did not pack shampoo and conditioner because of luggage restrictions

Quote the raven "Nevermore"

No shampoo There is a shampoo dispenser in the shower.

No lotion True, have not seen any lotion.

No shower gel True, no shower gel either

No conditioner True, no conditioner

No more coupon books...which is actually a good thing Have not paid attention to this

No more pens True, did not receive a pen.

No more paper to write notes to room steward, or anyone else True

No more Evian as welcome back gift, Crystal brand bottles water....cheap stuff We got this.

No more chocolate covered strawberries Nope.

No more towel animals Got a bat and ray of some sort so far

No more clean glasses everyday Nope.

No more auto ice buckets True, but we have a sign saying "ice is available on request".

No more free room service Still free.

No more chocolates on pillow Nope.

Take your own pic and download for online checkin, less employees

No more waiters helping anyone on the Quantums Windjammer

No more cleaning up around the food dishes on Quantom Windjammer

A lot of serving utensils in the food...yuk

Too late to think of more no mores...can you?

I'm currently on the Allure and I commented in blue for what I've experienced. I've had no problems with waiters in the Windjammer, although it does seem like they don't have enough waiters to deal with everything quickly.

Anytime in quantum. I suspect it will, if it hasn't already, go throughout RCCL

Here is the Room Service Menu from the Quantum.

As you can read here, some items have no cost and some do.

So "any time" is simply not true.

Posting falsehoods on Cruise Critic is not a very friendly thing to do.

DSC09111_zps47717e9f.jpg

DSC09113_zpsa782938c.jpg

DSC09114_zps2d488b66.jpg

DSC09115_zps6fa3b758.jpg