Lawn Grill

cruisinlawn

Yes, you can. We did not cook ours. As far as I am concerned this is the best restaurant on the Celebrity fleet. Some advice, go light on the flat bread. We turned ours into a pizza, then came the salad, then the filet (best ever), with lobster mac n cheese, then the melting chocolate cookie. We were beyond stuffed. It was so good we went back a second time, went light on the flat bread and ordered a seafood Kabob along with our steaks. Oh yum.. What wouldn't I give to have it right in front of me now!

We made our flat bread and grilled our steaks and had a blast doing it. What other people doing it before you make your final decisions. The chefs were a blast to work with.

Either way you in for a great meal.

Yes, you can. We did not cook ours. As far as I am concerned this is the best restaurant on the Celebrity fleet. Some advice, go light on the flat bread. We turned ours into a pizza, then came the salad, then the filet (best ever), with lobster mac n cheese, then the melting chocolate cookie. We were beyond stuffed. It was so good we went back a second time, went light on the flat bread and ordered a seafood Kabob along with our steaks. Oh yum.. What wouldn't I give to have it right in front of me now!

I agree with his 100 percent. Lawn club has to be hands down the best specialty restaurant that Celebrity has to offer. You can't beat the food and the atmosphere. They will do all the cooking for you but if you do chose to cook they make it so much fun. My wife loved it!ImageUploadedByForums1420336903.678714.jpg.c44a254cf116b16b091b6d721b83c4c1.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Had X people grill my filet, and on 2nd visit my rib eye, both of which were fine but next visit I will be involved in the process more actively. It is a great outside setting which elevates the enjoyment of the dining experience, especially when we know the temps at home are negative.

• 3 weeks later...

We did it in early May between Rome/Naples. There are wind breakers so no wind. Maybe want a jacket. We didn't need one. We went early in the cruise and had the place to ourselves. We let the professionals cook the meat! It was entertaining. (You can see a good photo of the area,last picture, on Day 4 - Naples, on our blog below.)

Karen

Edited by boingy300

have pre-cruise booking offer at $40pp. Can one tell me how much on board? Also, on the day they do lunch at Lawn Grill what would be the charge? Thanks!

I believe it is $50 on board if there is no discount. If you pay the $40pp by prebooking, I would think if there is a discount on board that is better than that, they would let you have it and credit your account. I have never prebooked any specialty restaurant, so not 100% sure of this. We got great discounts both times on the TA.

it was a little chilly on the TA but we were all provided with blankets. It was great.

This is a fabulous restaurant. We have tried cooking our own and having them do it. Either works great. Surf and turf is great as is the mac and cheese. We are looking forward to our Reflection cruise next month to enjoy it again. Have not had lunch there. Maybe we will try that.

Does it get very windy up there? We'll be doing the Baltic on Silhouette this summer and evening temperatures may be cooler. I'm thinking I'd like to try dinner sometime, but not if it's really breezy.

We love the Lawn Club too - best steak in the ship - and were there on a chilly night on a Transatlantic. They had outside heaters and also provided plenty of warm blankets. That added to the atmosphere.

We love the Lawn Club too - best steak in the ship - and were there on a chilly night on a Transatlantic. They had outside heaters and also provided plenty of warm blankets. That added to the atmosphere.

Kinda sounds like fun. I think I'm wary because we were on a Princess ship in October and ate at their specialty grill (indoors), and it was so cold my teeth chattered. I couldn't wait to get out of there. I don't remember whether I liked the food or not, but I know I didn't like the cold air blowing on me. And it wasn't just us....most of the restaurant resembled a meat cooler.

It's nice to know that Celebrity is prepared. If we spend $100, I want to relax and enjoy it.

We love the Lawn Club Grill, ate there twice on our Reflection cruise. There are clear panels which can be raised or lowered, so they were up and blocked the wind on our first night, but were down on our more pleasant 2nd visit. Both times, we were comfortable. I agree that very few passengers seem to participate, we had no interest in doing our own cooking (do enough of this at home). I had the filet both times with a teriyaki glaze, perfectly cooked and delicious. Don't forget to take a look at the optional glazes and dry rubs which will be listed on your menu.

Edited by cynbar

Although I did not grill the steaks, I did join them as they cooked. They offered tips on how determine the "doneness" (Is that a word?) of the steaks. They were "almost" as good as my steaks at home. ;)