X Elite to RCCL Diamond - search your memories please

EatonDoolittle

Hi ,

I am trying to remember how many Royal Carib points we ended up with (or started with) when they gave X Elites the Diamond status a few years ago.

I am well aware of all the conversions and back and forths of the perks (I have since done a few Royal cruises, even tho I swore them off some years back), but cannot find in search what we started with. Could it have been 50 points?

Does that sound right to anybody? I did have a few old pre-conversion Royal points, back then it was 1 point for a cruise, 2 in a suite.

Not talking about when X "shifted" their levels, that one I have.

Thanks if you can remember. All the posts I have read in search are unclear, some say 7 points to 1, some say a flat number...

I am not going to ask on the Royal board, they are incredible sensitive about their loyalty levels over there, so much that I have never seen on another line. Don't know why.

Admitting that one made RCCL Diamond by sailing on Celebrity will not make you any friends, believe me.

Just count your Royal cruises. Your Celebrity cruises have no effect on your Royal count. Royal and Celebrity give courtesy status to each other but the only way you can earn points is by sailing on the line in question.

For instance, you can be Diamond on Royal, so Celebrity will give you Elite but your Celebrity point count would be zero until you actually sail on Celebrity. You would stay at Elite all the time you are adding your Celebrity points. The only way to get to Elite plus is to sail enough cruises to earn that on Celebrity. But while you are earning those points, your status will still show Elite because of your Royal status.

Points do not transfer, only status. You will have Diamond status, but your point level will be only points you have earned on RCCL.

No, that's not the case...I had 5 RCCL points pre-conversion, I was Diamond without reaching the required 80 points, true.

I was converted, however, at more than 5, that much I do remember.

I guess I did not explain myself very well.

I am and have been for a while, Elite on Celebrity.

I had sailed RCCL in the past, I had 5 points with them (4 cruises, one in a suite). Their Diamond level typically requires 80 points (they go by days now).

When the programs merged, I became Diamond on RCCL, by virtue of the Elite status.

My question is, if anyone can answer, what point value were my original 5 points given when I was made Diamond. They did not automatically bump me to 80 points, that much I remember.

I have the cruise history, but there were 2 point conversions...first they changed the points from cruises to days, and then converted Elite to Diamond.

I may never know, just curious. The are generous with the points, and I think I got a few extra on my last cruise, that's why I am trying to figure it out. Yes, I do know how the points are given.

I have 100 Diamond points now, 3 cruises since the conversion. Believe me, I have not spend 95 days on an RCCL ship in the past few years.

We were Elite on our first cruise with RCL. We started with 75 points, and accrued points on RCL from there.

We continued to accrue points on Celebrity and RCL, depending on which ship we sailed.

I don't know if we will ever achieve Pinnacle (RCL) or Zenith (Celebrity) but the journey is awesome!

What I think you are asking is

Conversion from old cruise credits to cruise points:

If credits were 1-4, points = (credits * 7) + 1

If credits were 5-7, points = (credits * 7) + 3

If credits were > 7, points = (credits * 7) + 13

So if you had 5 * 7 =35+3=38

Check the chart below

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1343037&highlight=cruise+point+calculator

Royal gives you a higher level because of Celebrity cruises, but your points for both cruise lines stay seperate. So your base points for Royal are 38 then added the points from your other Royal cruises post point change.

I hope this helps

What I think you are asking is

If credits were 1-4, points = (credits * 7) + 1

If credits were 5-7, points = (credits * 7) + 3

If credits were > 7, points = (credits * 7) + 13

Check the chart below

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1343037&highlight=cruise+point+calculator

Royal gives you a higher level because of Celebrity cruises, but your points for both cruise lines stay seperate. So your base points for Royal are 38 then added the points from your other Royal cruises post point change.

I hope this helps

Thanks so much.. I knew that info had to exist somewhere

I'm glad you got your question answered. I am posting to tell you I love your screen name. Too funny.:D

Glad you like it. I actually stole it from the Car Talk Guys many years ago.

You know at the end of the show when they introduce the staff - Our Russian Limo Driver, Pikup Andropoff; leader of our working Mother's Support Group: Erasmus B Dragon.

This was "Our Cruise Ship Consultant, Eaton Doolittle". I thought it was funny, but that was a few pounds ago. Be careful what you wish for

I have 8 C&A points on RCCL which would be Gold level. I originally earned 1 point for my honeymoon cruise and in the conversion it became 8 points.

Because I have Elite status on Celebrity, I have Diamond status on RCCL. But I still only have 8 C&A points and the only way to add to them is by sailing on RCCL.

CA.png

I'll never get to the next level on either line, so it doesn't really matter to me, but there is no conversion of Celebrity points to RCCL points or vice-versa.

Hi ,

I am trying to remember how many Royal Carib points we ended up with (or started with) when they gave X Elites the Diamond status a few years ago. zero points. you merely get treated as if you are the appropriate level. points must be earned by sailing on the respective line

I am not going to ask on the Royal board, they are incredible sensitive about their loyalty levels over there, so much that I have never seen on another line. Don't know why.

Admitting that one made RCCL Diamond by sailing on Celebrity will not make you any friends, believe me.

maybe you should give royals' board a chance. FTR I sailed Royal many times before taking my first celebrity.

maybe you should give royals' board a chance. FTR I sailed Royal many times before taking my first celebrity.

I got the answer a few posts up..it was this :

If credits were 1-4, points = (credits X 7) + 1

If credits were 5-7, points = (credits X 7) + 3

If credits were > 7, points = (credits X 7) + 13

[/color]

This works out correctly for me, based on the trips I have taken since the conversion.

Thanks for all the replies

I got the answer a few posts up..it was this :

If credits were 1-4, points = (credits X 7) + 1

If credits were 5-7, points = (credits X 7) + 3

If credits were > 7, points = (credits X 7) + 13

[/color]

This works out correctly for me, based on the trips I have taken since the conversion.

Thanks for all the replies

Laurie,

It's definitely correct as mine also works exactly using the above conversion table ;).

I had sailed RCCL in the past, I had 5 points with them (4 cruises, one in a suite).

My question is, if anyone can answer, what point value were my original 5 points given when I was made Diamond. They did not automatically bump me to 80 points, that much I remember.

Your 5 cruise credits should have been converted to 30 points (Platinum level tier) plus 3 bonus points for a total of 33. :)

Edited by Texed

I

I have the cruise history, but there were 2 point conversions...first they changed the points from cruises to days, and then converted Elite to Diamond.

Elite was never "converted" to diamond. Courtesy diamond status was given to elite members, but no conversion took place regarding that, i.e. no point values changed. The only change in Royal point values was when Royal revised their formula and moved from cruise "credits" to cruise "points."

Your 5 cruise credits should have been converted to 30 points (Platinum level tier) plus 3 bonus points for a total of 33. :)

No. The correct formula was given above.