Oasis Class planned future deployment information (Oasis 1-4)

DJZS

Just got confirmation from a source at RCCL. This is the planned deployment schedule for Oasis Class.

Oasis 1 will remain at port Everglades until Oasis 3 is completed, it will then move to Canaveral.

Allure will continue to do summers in Europe and winters at port Everglades until Oasis 4 arrives, and then Allure will move to Europe full time.

Oasis 3 will be based at port Everglades.

Oasis 4 will be based at port Everglades.

That sounds like what I have been expecting.

The only question is for the Summer of 2016, when Oasis 3 should first enter service. It would seem that they would consider leaving Oasis 3 at first in Europe when she leaves STX France in the spring of 2016.

They have Allure booked at Barcelona, Gibraltar and Palma, but many thought that was a place holder for Oasis 3.

I'll take this with the proverbial grain of salt as deployments are subject to the ebb and flow of revenue and profit forecasts...

RCCL has placed a small fleet of attention to the revenue potential of the developing Asian cruise market, but has seen marginal results to date. The financial results posted during Q4 of 2015 following new Asian deployments and European itineraries may more accurately dictate or forecast deployment/repositioning of the newbuilds.

China is a real wild card right now, with the possible purchase of STX France by Fincantieri, along with the rumored ship building plans in China through one joint venture with Carnival and the other joint venture with RCCL, anything could happen.

Add in that MSC has ordered 2, 167000 ton megaships from STX France along with the rumored 170000 ton Costa megaship due in 2019 and RCI has a lot of competitive strategies to consider in Asia and elsewhere.

I believe Ovation will split time in Southhampton and Port Everglades, like Anthem was originally planned to do.

Agreed. I'd be very surprised if Ovation goes anywhere else. Ovation may end up being the very best of the Quantum Class since it will be built with the "lessons learned," which will be many, from Quantum and Anthem.

Edited by Dave85

I know that the name could just be a placeholder for another ship, but the Freedom is listed for March 2017 still being docked in St. Maarten on Sundays.

http://201.220.14.28/sxm/MainMenu.aspx?ShipScheduleType=2

I thought Freedom was going to Galveston in the fall 2015 when their new port opens?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just got confirmation from a source at RCCL. This is the planned deployment schedule for Oasis Class.

Oasis 1 will remain at port Everglades until Oasis 3 is completed, it will then move to Canaveral.

Allure will continue to do summers in Europe and winters at port Everglades until Oasis 4 arrives, and then Allure will move to Europe full time.

Oasis 3 will be based at port Everglades.

Oasis 4 will be based at port Everglades.

Someone's head will on the firing block in the Miami Office for building and paying for new Oasis Class Ports in Taiwan and the Philippines to be finished by April 2016!

Boy I hope not...

Agreed. That'd be so disappointing to see almost all Voyager/Freedom class ships overseas. Freedoms by far one of our favorites. I'd just assume keep her in PC than take Oasis if that is the trade off :rolleyes:.

That being said, things change even days before deployments are released. I'm not taking much from speculation years before the ships are even launched.

Someone's head will on the firing block in the Miami Office for building and paying for new Oasis Class Ports in Taiwan and the Philippines to be finished by April 2016!

Those ports are joint ventures and not cruise line specific. The development of the region will benefit even the new RCCL joint venture SkySea Cruises among others.

If you are going to build infrastructure in SE Asia, it makes sense that they be built to service mega ship vessels in the future.

These developments are positive for future growth potential and not necessarily for immediate deployment.

I thought Freedom was going to Galveston in the fall 2015 when their new port opens?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Was told, off the record, by the loyalty ambassador on the Adventure that the Freedom is coming to San Juan.:D

Planning to book NYE 2016-17

Edited by drarill

I

RCCL has placed a small fleet of attention to the revenue potential of the developing Asian cruise market, but has seen marginal results to date.

Any source for this? I have been looking at some Asian cruise, and the per diem rates in Asia is much higher than what they are charging for cruise out of Florida. And I would have thought gambling revenue will be higher in Asia as well.

I have it on good authority that Oasis V is going to be based out of Oslo and Oasis VI is going to be based out of Myrtle Beach.

The sad news is that Oasis VII is going to be based out of my cousin's backyard and the only entertainment is a matching pair of his famous "Hillbilly Slip N' Slides" that are made out of trash bags slicked up with canola oil.

Was told, off the record, by the loyalty ambassador on the Adventure that the Freedom is coming to San Juan.:D

Planning to book NYE 2016-17

IF this is true... it's a real mean thing to out them like this.

First rule of Fight Club is don't talk about Fight Club.