3 Ships Docking at Grand Turk

cruisingxpert

According to cruisett.com the Nieuw Amsterdam, Carnival Fantasy and Oceania Riviera are all scheduled to be at Grand Turk on March 24th. There is only one 2 sided dock there unless they have added another.

I checked the size of all 3 ships wondering if 2 could dock behind each other. NA is just over 88000 tons. Riviera and Fantasy combined are over 137,000 tons.

Has anyone ever been there with 3 ships?

According to cruisett.com the Nieuw Amsterdam, Carnival Fantasy and Oceania Riviera are all scheduled to be at Grand Turk on March 24th. There is only one 2 sided dock there unless they have added another.

I checked the size of all 3 ships wondering if 2 could dock behind each other. NA is just over 88000 tons. Riviera and Fantasy combined are over 137,000 tons.

Has anyone ever been there with 3 ships?

Here ya go; a two-ship dock; #3 will be tendering

http://www.grandturkcc.com/port-information/port-specifications.aspx

There have also been 3 ship days when one of the three ships is early and is replaced by a later ship that takes up the former's dock space. In this case, though, it looks like two at the pier and one tendering in.

Unfortunately, it looks like it will be me tendering in because I'm on the Riviera.

I asked the question here because you folks are always quick and great at answering questions.

To POA1 - I absolutely loved your review of your Nieuw Amsterdam cruise.

CJ

That is going be a very crowded place with three ships in. :eek:

If you've been before, you may wish to stay aboard.

I have been there several times and most of them as the only ship in port. This is disappointing because I do like Grand Turk - just a lovely walk the beach day - now with 5 or 6 thousand others lol

There have also been 3 ship days when one of the three ships is early and is replaced by a later ship that takes up the former's dock space. In this case, though, it looks like two at the pier and one tendering in.

I hope everyone will get a chance to see the salt museum:D:p;).

From the Grand Turk Port Schedule web site:

(http://www.grandturkcc.com/Port-Schedule.aspx)

Ship Riviera

Cruise Line Oceania Cruises

Company Oceania Cruises

Port Grand Turk

Berth Tender (Vessel will drift)

ETA 03/24/15 08:00

ETD 03/24/15 16:00

Deployment

Lower Berth 1,258

GRT 66,000

Thank you. Very interesting. Is that a website that lists other ports as well?

Google says that the population of Grand Turk is about 3700 people. Yikes!

I'm another who can't imagine it with 3 ships. Maybe you should consider booking a water-based excursion that will get you away from the cruise port.

Google says that the population of Grand Turk is about 3700 people. Yikes!

I'm another who can't imagine it with 3 ships. Maybe you should consider booking a water-based excursion that will get you away from the cruise port.

That means there will be more cruisers than the total amount of people on the island.

Like your location description- I'm in Oakville.

CJ

I can remember a few years ago we had a tour booked for Grand Turk. We were among the first off just as a BIGGER cruise ship pulled. I know we were on the Nieuw Amsterdam.

By the time we got back from our excursion the beach was packed, Jimmy Buffett's was packed -- we wanted to stop for a drink --no place to sit.

I wish I could remember the name of that big ship -- but she sure had a lot of passengers on her.

when we were there in Dec. our waitress was from Jamaica. She said there were job opportunities now in Grand Turk. So I guess the population is rising. Where they live is a good question--unless with relatives. If they are British -Gr Turk citizens they are supplemented by Gr Britain;a simple island on our first visit. Now progress is wrecking its beauty. Enjoy the scuba diving now.

Edited by catl331

So many...the island might sink!!! Lol! Really...they will only allow the number of passengers they can handle. And, not everyone will get off the ships! There will be a fair number who stay aboard and enjoy a relatively empty ship for the day. Not everyone will be doing the same thing. No worries!