Diamond plus desk

connes1

What happened to all of the d+ desk customer service reps.? I have not recognized anyone answering the phone in quite sometime. I am not talking just one rep but all of the older reps are gone. Could they have outsourced that dept?

I just got off the phone with the diamond + desk and asked them what happened to all the representatives. They told me when a phone call comes in to the Diamond Plus desk it is routed to the general call center with a prompt called a "whisper" indicating a diamond plus or pinnacle member is on the phone. Essentially they no longer have a separate dedicated call center for Diamond Plus and Pinnacle. This is all happened in the last 2 months. I am Not sure if they are outsourcing the call center or not but everybody is completely different.

I just got off the phone with the diamond + desk and asked them what happened to all the representatives. They told me when a phone call comes in to the Diamond Plus desk it is routed to the general call center with a prompt called a "whisper" indicating a diamond plus or pinnacle member is on the phone. Essentially they no longer have a separate dedicated call center for Diamond Plus and Pinnacle. This is all happened in the last 2 months. I am Not sure if they are outsourcing the call center or not but everybody is completely different.

The only way for this to work is if the 800 number supplied to D+ and above is now routed to the "general" call center and this creates the whisper to route to a "preferred agent". If this is the case, anyone who knows this number can now call the D+ published number and get a preferred agent whether they are D+ or not.

Yes but they are not preferred agents they are general agents who are told they are speaking to a diamond plus. Just another thing rccl has taken away. Soon they will start charging a service fee when you call an agent to book rather than online.

The only way for this to work is if the 800 number supplied to D+ and above is now routed to the "general" call center and this creates the whisper to route to a "preferred agent". If this is the case, anyone who knows this number can now call the D+ published number and get a preferred agent whether they are D+ or not.

I'm thinking that what is happening is that they are now not getting a preferred agent but may just have their call escalated to the front of the queue to reduce their hold time. Once answered they are getting the same reps as everyone else.

I'm thinking that what is happening is that they are now not getting a preferred agent but may just have their call escalated to the front of the queue to reduce their hold time. Once answered they are getting the same reps as everyone else.

I would tend to agree.

Yes but they are not preferred agents they are general agents who are told they are speaking to a diamond plus. Just another thing rccl has taken away. Soon they will start charging a service fee when you call an agent to book rather than online.

Sadly....I think you are right. But back to what I was getting at (with your info included), the real problem is anyone can call the "special D+" number and get the same treatment (head of the line privileged") regardless if they are D+ or not.

Edited by rolloman

Sadly....I think you are right. But back to what I was getting at (with your info included), the real problem is anyone can call the "special D+" number and get the same treatment (head of the line privileged") regardless if they are D+ or not.

Yes that would be quite easy to do and could actually be done now but once they pull up your reservation they would know that you are not D+.

Yes that would be quite easy to do and could actually be done now but once they pull up your reservation they would know that you are not D+.

Pretty sure they won't hang up on a potential fare.....probably nothing to get too excited about but it does seem like we have now lost yet another perk.

Do you have anything really worth complaining about, please!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Do you have anything really worth complaining about, please!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I think it is more of an observation than anything. It is just another sign of Royal's cutting back on their loyalty program, which rewards their bread and butter customer.

At least Diamond+ and Pinnacles call they are bumped up the phone cue.

I think it is more of an observation than anything. It is just another sign of Royal's cutting back on their loyalty program, which rewards their bread and butter customer.

At least Diamond+ and Pinnacles call they are bumped up the phone cue.

Not D+ yet but I personally would have rather waited a few extra minutes to get one of the more experienced reps. Having said that I do find most reps when you call the C&A number to be more knowledgable than the ones on the regular number to call.

Not D+ yet but I personally would have rather waited a few extra minutes to get one of the more experienced reps. Having said that I do find most reps when you call the C&A number to be more knowledgable than the ones on the regular number to call.

I would agree with you, if given the option.