Drinks package question not seen an answer too

greggyw

Hi everyone,

Can anyone say with any authority or from experience if we can get a drink package once the cruise has already left & can you upgrade the package at all ?

From reading the website, it is not clear if the cutoff is min 4 days before returning to final port.

Friends are thinking about the convenience of having some drinks included, but they know they wont be wanting it straight away as probably will only drink for last part of cruise.

Also I am curious as on another line I was told I could get it anytime and when I went and asked for it I got nowhere, so gave up trying. I just got what I wanted when I wanted it and only spent about 100 dollars.

For myself I am actually interested to try it, however the one drink at a time may be a pain, on last cruise I bought 4 at a time in an ice bucket so I did not have to get up and down like a yo yo or stand in line over and over, may seem silly, but then I could relax with a friend and not get up till we finished or wanted to leave, probably not a problem, except if you have to take it every day, first day leaving was a nightmare on my last cruise, about 40 mins wait at bar, not doing that ! 2 Drinks will take about 2 hours ! :rolleyes:

Can you upgrade & if yes, are there rules ?

I wont get value, but I think convenience wise it would be nice.

Any help appreciated :)

Yes,you can upgrade from one level of drink package to another. You can only order one drink at a time.

With that bring said, my husband has taken my sea pass card and have bought a drink for himself (w/ his drink pkg) and one for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thats not as bad then, if you can take more than one card to bar to get multiple drinks.

I was also thinking they would probably stop me from getting my wife coffee for her if the card did not have my name on it.

I was also thinking they would probably stop me from getting my wife coffee for her if the card did not have my name on it.

My husband and I both had Replenish. They allowed us to bring both cards and run both cards for a two latte order; I just signed DH's name for his card swipe if I was the one getting the lattes, and DH signed my name when it was him.

We have always waited until on board to purchase our beverage packages; however, this time I decided to purchase ahead. Can someone tell me how this works? Will the complimentary cup be in the room waiting for us? How/when will they affix the sticker to the sea pass?

We have always waited until on board to purchase our beverage packages; however, this time I decided to purchase ahead. Can someone tell me how this works? Will the complimentary cup be in the room waiting for us? How/when will they affix the sticker to the sea pass?

The cup will be in your stateroom and the sticker will be on your card when you get it at check-in.

I see people have referenced one drink at a time but how soon after you got your last drink can you get another drink? For example what if I am at breakfast and want fresh squeezed orange juice and a specialty coffee? Will they limit me to one or the other?

Edited by Kycruisefan

Can anyone elaborate on the nonalcoholic drinks on the replenish package? For example, do they have nonalcoholic pina coladas or daiquiris? It says it includes premium teas. Is that both iced and hot teas? Thanks!

Here's an example of some of the premium coffees and teas:

Enchantment_Cafe_Latte-Tudes.JPG

Can anyone elaborate on the nonalcoholic drinks on the replenish package? For example, do they have nonalcoholic pina coladas or daiquiris? It says it includes premium teas. Is that both iced and hot teas? Thanks!

Yes, you can order pretty much any drink as virgin, including frozen drinks.

I see people have referenced one drink at a time but how soon after you got your last drink can you get another drink?

I was told its 15 mins...but I have not found that anywhere in the fine print. But it has happend to me personally. Seems like it depends on the bartender serving you to be honest.....

I think others have posted here about the 15 min wait as well, but not sure.

I was told its 15 mins...but I have not found that anywhere in the fine print. But it has happend to me personally. Seems like it depends on the bartender serving you to be honest.....

There's no time limit for alcoholic drinks.

However, the Freestyle machine has a minimum time period before it can be used again by the same cup.

Edited by clarea

I've purchased the package for three different cruises and have never had any issue with the alleged 15 min wait rule. Personally, I don't think there is one. Or I should say, there is not one in place for their software when the bartender enters the order.

To sum it up, NO, I do not think there is an issue or a 15 min ruling.

Here's an example of some of the premium coffees and teas:

Enchantment_Cafe_Latte-Tudes.JPG

If we get the package that include the premium coffee and teas, will hot chocolate be included? Saw it on the photo, but since it's under "Alternatives" I fell I have to ask. Does anyone know?

There's no time limit for alcoholic drinks.

However, the Freestyle machine has a minimum time period before it can be used again by the same cup.

Correct, That is a 15 min wait. I remember seeing people fill out their cup and not like the mixture of pop/soda they got and they try to get more. There is a countdown clock, showing when you can refill up again

So can you use starbucks onboard as premium coffee?

Not sure I understand your question.

If you are asking about the Starbucks venues on Oasis and Allure, those are not included in any unlimited beverage package.

I am not sure what to think..if there is NO time limit, then why wouln't they let you order 2 or 10 drinks at one time then? Or I could just stand there and soon as they swipe my card to "pay" for my drink, I could order another one? I highly doubt I can order one drink after another with no limits.

It has happened to me as well as others at least one time. So perhaps it is an unwritten rule?!

I will make a point of asking bartenders as well as guest services when I board on Thursday what their policy is.

There has to be something to limit it I would think..and 15 mins would be reasonable. And that was what I was told..wrong or not.

I am not sure what to think..if there is NO time limit, then why wouln't they let you order 2 or 10 drinks at one time then? Or I could just stand there and soon as they swipe my card to "pay" for my drink, I could order another one? I highly doubt I can order one drink after another with no limits.

It has happened to me as well as others at least one time. So perhaps it is an unwritten rule?!

I will make a point of asking bartenders as well as guest services when I board on Thursday what their policy is.

There has to be something to limit it I would think..and 15 mins would be reasonable. And that was what I was told..wrong or not.

I have read many reports of people getting a drink (shot) and within a minute getting another one.

It would really be up to the bartender to set any time limit if he thought that someone was abusing the system by sharing drinks.

Also knowing Royal and how they consistently follow the same policy ship to ship and even bar to bar on the same ship I'm sure that things will vary greatly.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Well I wasnt sharing, as I was sitting at the bar the whole time....we did shots. I then asked the bartender for a drink and was told I had to wait 15 mins. So did the others that were partaking.

No, i wasnt drunk at that point, so its not like they were cutting me off.

I will order a drink, and as soon as I get it order another and see what they tell me.

First experience with the package was Allure back in March.

Asked a bar tender about the "wait time" what he indicated (so may or may not be true), was that the system itself did not have a timer for alcoholic beverages but that the bartenders were trained/monitored/encouraged to not give out drinks more than once every 15 minutes.

He indicated that management reviewed the logs looking for repeated incidents of serving at under 15 minutes.

Second experience was on Vision where we had a group of us just sitting at the bar for several hours drinking excessively and we were definitely going through drinks way faster than 15 minutes at a time with no issues.

So, in conclusion, as in all things RCI, seems to be no real rules or consistency in application of the rules, good luck with it :)

Well I wasnt sharing, as I was sitting at the bar the whole time....we did shots. I then asked the bartender for a drink and was told I had to wait 15 mins. So did the others that were partaking.

No, i wasnt drunk at that point, so its not like they were cutting me off.

I will order a drink, and as soon as I get it order another and see what they tell me.

That was some local policy, maybe that bar, or that beverage manager. I don't believe that is the policy fleetwide, unless it's a new policy.