Charge for icecream?

arabba

Is it true that royal caribbean charges for ice cream? And what about soft serve machines-I heard that there is a charge for those and that they only operate certain hours. I'm used to carnival 24 hr free ice cream so is this true?

Is it true that royal caribbean charges for ice cream? And what about soft serve machines-I heard that there is a charge for those and that they only operate certain hours. I'm used to carnival 24 hr free ice cream so is this true?

No charge for the soft serve machines, and they do have limited hours. There is an extra charge for the hand dipped Ben & Jerry's ice cream.

The MDR has free ice cream every night.

No charge for the soft serve...and no charge for ice cream in Wind Jammer (many times during dinner hour hand scooped is available) also no charge for hand scooped in the diningroom.

The only place you will pay is in a Ben & Jerry's.

hi .

this is my first post ,we are doing our first cruise in march, any tips.

mick

Welcome to CC. You might get more responses if you created a thread and gave the name of the ship you are sailing. Most people are happy to share tips.

The pool soft serve machines are open during the day, we enjoyed a quick cone when we came back from an excursion.

On Allure they had three machines.

2 by the pools, and one in the wipeout cafe, they all served at least two different types of frozen yogurt.

I think they were available till 6pm.

Safe Journey

• 2 weeks later...
The pool soft serve machines are open during the day, we enjoyed a quick cone when we came back from an excursion.

On Allure they had three machines.

2 by the pools, and one in the wipeout cafe, they all served at least two different types of frozen yogurt.

I think they were available till 6pm.

Safe Journey

are all of the machines frozen yogurt, or do they have ice cream too? just wondering because I like ice cream soft serve better than frozen yogurt

are all of the machines frozen yogurt, or do they have ice cream too? just wondering because I like ice cream soft serve better than frozen yogurt

I'm pretty sure all of the soft serve machines are frozen yogurt...usually Choc. Vanilla and/or strawberry

are all of the machines frozen yogurt, or are there soft serve ice cream machines too? i prefer ice cream over frozen yogurt so just wondering

Yes, here is another thread about it: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2027647

I usually don't really like soft serve yogurt, but I like it on board. I didn't realize it as yogurt until on my last Oasis cruise they put a sign on the machines that said "yogurt."

the scoop stuff is charged( Ben n Jerrys)

the free soft serve is in the Buffet areas or just outside the main pool deck and they ARE disassembled at night for cleaning. and not turned back on again until almost lunch time.