CL location on Jewel.

We are celebrating DH's birthday and our 40th on this cruise so we splurged and are staying in a Grand Suite. I understand this will give us access to the Concierge Club.

Can someone tell me what this will give us? We are only Platinum so nothing special there, but did read there are "free" drinks in the evening. I'm assuming that is soda, water, non-alcoholic drinks. I was just interested if that is any time the CC is open or only at night.

DH booked this and said we get DVR Movies and other lagniappe.

Does anyone know?

Thanks,

Gloria

We are celebrating DH's birthday and our 40th on this cruise so we splurged and are staying in a Grand Suite. I understand this will give us access to the Concierge Club.

Can someone tell me what this will give us? We are only Platinum so nothing special there, but did read there are "free" drinks in the evening. I'm assuming that is soda, water, non-alcoholic drinks. I was just interested if that is any time the CC is open or only at night.

Does anyone know?

Thanks,

Gloria

The Concierge Lounge is accessible 24 hours, and provides complimentary self-serve specialty coffee. There is also a continental breakfast for a couple of hours in the morning, and an evening cocktail hour from about 5pm to 8:30pm. The cocktail hour offers free soda, house wine/champagne, selected beers, and basic (no blender) mixed drinks. There are also hot/cold snacks during the cocktail hour.

You also get the services of the Concierge, who can help you with restaurant reservations, excursions, etc.

Edited by clarea

Does anyone know?

Thanks,

Gloria

The Concierge Lounge is accessible 24 hours, and provides complimentary self-serve specialty coffee. There is also a continental breakfast for a couple of hours in the morning, and an evening cocktail hour from about 5pm to 8:30pm. The cocktail hour offers free soda, house wine/champagne, selected beers, and basic (no blender) mixed drinks. There are also hot/cold snacks during the cocktail hour.

You also get the services of the Concierge, who can help you with restaurant reservations, excursions, etc.

Additionally there is reserved seating in the theater for the shows. Last time we were on the Jewel it was the center section of the balcony. You have to arrive 10 minutes before show time IIRC. Also there was made to order breakfast in Chops Grill. That was pretty good, I hope they are still doing that.

Hi.

Just wondered is the concierge lounge still located on deck 10 on Jewel.

Many thanks. :)

Yes...just off JOS in October...The CL is very small...we actually sat just outside the door most nights (no big deal we thought it was a lot quieter as we tend to like to keep to ourselves ;)) and many just got their drinks and left.

We were on Jewel for the Christmas/New Year's cruises. Yes, the CL can get crowded. If it is a large crowd you can take your drink/snack just outside the door where there are several tables and chairs. Once the dinner seatings start, the CL suddenly becomes all but empty. And don't forget the light breakfast. You can toast your own breads, muffins, bagels. Choices of light meats, salmon, cheese and fruit, juices, etc. Enuf to start your day. It starts at 7a.m. Grab a plate and a coffee and take it back to the cabin if you care to.

Enjoy Jewel and Concierge Diego!

Rick and Deirdra

I just got my email from the Jewel concierge tonight. It list the amenities. Here is the email:

I look forward to welcoming you onboard the beautiful Jewel of the Seas. We are honored that you have selected Royal Caribbean International for your cruise vacation.

My name is Felix A. Vargas G. and I will be your Concierge onboard. As the Concierge, I will be available to assist you with any special requests you may have. As a Concierge Club guest you will be offered amenities and services not available to other guests onboard the Jewel of the Seas. For your convenience, here is a brief summary of those services:

Priority check in at the pier ( Please ask for the priority check in line to our ground employees) in the terminal.

Use of the Concierge Club located on Deck 10

Spa Bathrobes for use onboard.

Upgraded bathroom amenities.

Continental breakfast served in the lounge daily from 7:00 am to 10:00 am.

Private breakfast every morning in the Chops Grille Restaurant located on Deck 6 from 7:30 am – 10:00 am.

Hors d’oeuvres, petit fours and complimentary bar set-up served in the Concierge Club every evening from 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm

Daily menus displayed and preordering for your dinner wine.

Full Dining Room, Room Service privilege (available when Dining Room is open)

Reservations for any of our Specialty Restaurants, sport activities, Explorations!, Salon and Spa appointments, personalized attention by our Future Cruise Consultant, etc.

Arrangements for private parties.

Business services such as faxes, copies, etc.

Cocktail party hosted by Captain and Senior Managers (invitations will be sent).

Reserved VIP seats for production shows.

Specialty Restaurants Chops Grille & Portofino, Salon & Spa appointments, Shore Excursions often sold out. In order to avoid disappointment, it is recommended that these be booked in advance by emailing me and I will make the reservations for you.

The Concierge Club is designated as a smoke-free area. We respectfully request that guests observe a Smart Casual dress code when visiting the Club (no swim or pool attire is allowed, footwear is required at all times).

To ensure all our guests are able to enjoy this exclusive lounge we require that all guests 20 years and younger must be well behaved and accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times.

I look forward to meeting you and hope you will have a fantastic cruise vacation onboard the Jewel of the Seas. Please feel free to email me with any questions you may have to the following email address: jw_concierge@rccl.com.

• 4 months later...
Do they offer Espresso and Mochas?

The coffee machine is available 24/7 and offers Espresso and Cappuccino (incl. decaf) but i am not sure about Mocha. They were also using the Hollywood Odyssey on Deck 13 as an overflow CL during cocktail hours. We were just on the Pacific Coastal Cruise and really enjoyed being back on the Jewel and seeing so many staffers from previous cruises, especially Marya, who was bartender in HO for several years and has now been promoted to the position of Loyalty Ambassador, a job for which she is very well suited.

Breakfast in Chops was a wonderful perk for those guests entitled to access.

We will be on JW B2B for Christmas and New Year's again this year. Will be joined by several new friends met on her last year. Diego will also be there at that time. The CL is a really neat place for that light breakfast. Quiet, no hassle, help yourself, as you please.

Rick and Deirdra

The coffee machine is available 24/7 and offers Espresso and Cappuccino (incl. decaf) but i am not sure about Mocha. They were also using the Hollywood Odyssey on Deck 13 as an overflow CL during cocktail hours. We were just on the Pacific Coastal Cruise and really enjoyed being back on the Jewel and seeing so many staffers from previous cruises, especially Marya, who was bartender in HO for several years and has now been promoted to the position of Loyalty Ambassador, a job for which she is very well suited.

Breakfast in Chops was a wonderful perk for those guests entitled to access.

Were they letting D+ into Chops for breakfast?