Cruise documents packaging

holacanada

Hi fellow cruisers !

Any one of you have information about the «packaging» in regards of a Four stars mariner status ?

Is it true that you will received a «memorabilia enveloppe/kit» (blue tissues) for the Cruise documents and luggage tickets ?

Thanks in advance

Holacanada from a very cold Quebec City !

Oosterdam in 88 days, 18 hours and 56 minutes...

OK ! Thanks for your answers,

I remember vaguely read about this kind of attention on CC forum.

I'd try the search engine and do not have any hits..! Sorry !

Maybe I was dreaming ..?

> BTW, I am curious if I ask HA representative for this kind of «enveloppe» pretending I am a returning voyageur..?

Holacanada from Canada

Edited by holacanada

Something new for us 4 and 5 star mariners, really, first I've heard of it.

Thank you all of you !

Some of the CC Forum Veterans !

PathfinderEss, Krazy Kruizers, sail7seas and freestyling

I probably imagine this situation… :confused:

Holacanada / Happy MLK Day

Edited by holacanada

I agree. He is likely thinking about the travel document holders HAL used to send us when they had paper tickets and the luggage tags with each ship name. I still have a stack of those luggage tags. Great souvenirs. :)

Hola........ must have read about those doc holders in an old thread.

I agree. He is likely thinking about the travel document holders HAL used to send us when they had paper tickets and the luggage tags with each ship name. I still have a stack of those luggage tags. Great souvenirs. :)

Hola........ must have read about those doc holders in an old thread.

Was t it about the time that they star system started that the document holders went out? The last doc holder we got was 2009. I think the star system started end of 2009 or early 2010. Anyone know.

I think the star system started end of 2009 or early 2010. Anyone know.

I was on a cruise late October '09, and the Star system had just started---I think earlier that month. I boarded in mid-October and I don't recall it in place on the first cruise of that Collectors'.

We did receive the blue folders for the 2014 WC as there was a lot of information included in the packet. That is the only time I remember getting one in the past many years. Wonder if you get one for the Grand cruises - anyone know? We did keep most of these from our past cruises so we have a stash that we pull from for use on every cruise for storing documents, cash, etc. as they nicely fit in the room safe.

I was on a cruise late October '09, and the Star system had just started---I think earlier that month. I boarded in mid-October and I don't recall it in place on the first cruise of that Collectors'.

Was t it about the time that they star system started that the document holders went out? The last doc holder we got was 2009. I think the star system started end of 2009 or early 2010. Anyone know.

I don't clearly remember when they started making us print our own docs and luggage tags but my guess would be just about what Ruth said..... late 2009 or early 2010.

You also are probably close to right Tioga about the Star Mariner Program.

[/b]

It was pre-2009. We had to print docs and tags for our trip on the Westerdam. We hadn't cruised since 2006, so I can't really place exactly when the change happened.

Edited by POA1

You do get paper documents and blue fabric folders for the Grand Cruises - even if you only do a segment - one of many things that justify the increased cost.

Years ago I remember receiving two or three letters from the captain including a reading list in the months pre- cruise as well as a special holiday card for Grand cruisers.

Things have changed.

Edited by arzz

They did send me some free luggage tag holders a few years ago, but I still have my old blue folder. I had so many of them, I finally dumped all but one, and I sometimes use it, other times (if I have a lot of port info I want to take) I use a file folder I bought at Target, so I can index each port and stay organized.

It was pre-2009. We had to print docs and tags for our trip on the Westerdam. We hadn't cruised since 2006, so I can't really place exactly when the change happened.

Our first HAL cruise was Sept 2007 then Feb 2008 and Feb 2009; I think we got the blue satin pouches twice.

The last documents I have that were printed by HAL are for the Eurodam inaugural sailings in July, 2008.

We also have a collection of leather, pleather, and cloth document pouches. Still make use of them!

Edited by jhannah

I think the star system started end of 2009 or early 2010. Anyone know.
Our first cruise where we got "credits" for on-board spending was Dec 2009, and IIRC the program started a couple months before that - maybe October. On that cruise we were refused our 25% discount for the PG because we had made the reservation on-line rather than on board. That change came before Sep 2010. Edited by catl331

If anyone wants blue pleather document holder HAL used to provide or one of the satin like holder, I have loads to spare. :) Surely I have at least 30-40 of them.

Good grief. :p You are more of a pack rat than I am. ;) I'm down to 2. Use one as a souvenir holder such as old key cards and one for current cruise.:)Kind of you to offer them to others.