missed cruise

pattyk

Dear pattyk

Cruise details would help... Embarkation port, cruise line, no of days, port of calls.

I guess u from western mass; I could suggest drive 4-5 hrs to montreal, catch a flight, to the port of embarkation or next port of call; for once mtl is not buried in snow; flights to sun destinations are operating

But i may be stabbing in the dark since i am offering advice on something i have no specifics

Always a way to meet up with the ship on a 7 day cruise; a poor family flying from france got stuck in pittsburg, missed the msc divina dec 27-7pm sailing from miami, then flew to st maarten and met the divina

The devil is in the details and specifics

Dear pattyk

Cruise details would help... Embarkation port, cruise line, no of days, port of calls.

I guess u from western mass; I could suggest drive 4-5 hrs to montreal, catch a flight, to the port of embarkation or next port of call; for once mtl is not buried in snow; flights to sun destinations are operating

But i may be stabbing in the dark since i am offering advice on something i have no specifics

Always a way to meet up with the ship on a 7 day cruise; a poor family flying from france got stuck in pittsburg, missed the msc divina dec 27-7pm sailing from miami, then flew to st maarten and met the divina

The devil is in the details and specifics

The OP is flying out of Hartford, CT on Wednesday for a cruise out of Port Canaveral on Thursday.

There is a state of emergency and a driving ban in Massachusetts, so if they haven't already started to drive to Florida, they can't at this point. They can not fly into their first port since it is Labadee and a transfer to the private peninsula is usually not allowed.

Hopefully, they made a decision yesterday early and are driving. A flight out tomorrow is iffy since most airports are closed (except Logan which is open but with all flights cancelled) and all the airlines got their planes out of the northeast early.

x100 when the roads clear up get in the car. All those people who got cancelled will be on all those Wednesday and Thursday flights

The people booked on the flight will have priority over those who had earlier flights that were cancelled.

Most flights from the Northeast lay over in Atlanta or Raleigh. A couple years ago, we had a similar situation in Buffalo. We actually made our flight, but another couple we know rented a car, drove to Raleigh and caught the second half of their flight there.

Most flights from the Northeast lay over in Atlanta or Raleigh. A couple years ago, we had a similar situation in Buffalo. We actually made our flight, but another couple we know rented a car, drove to Raleigh and caught the second half of their flight there.

The airlines will have moved planes to their hubs and other airports that are not in the northeast that have space to house them. Delta will have planes in Atlanta since that is one of their major hubs but United would likely be in Houston. Not sure whose hub is Raleigh.

Travel ban was just lifted for the four western counties of Massachusetts. Hopefully, OP can now get on the road if they haven't already.

Which is fine, IF the travel ban has been lifted in CT or NY. Otherwise it might require some more waiting. So much for the theory that flying to your port of embarkation a day or two before the sailing date will guarantee that you won't miss your cruise.

Edited by negc

Which is fine, IF the travel ban has been lifted in CT or NY. Otherwise it might require some more waiting. So much for the theory that flying to your port of embarkation a day or two before the sailing date will guarantee that you won't miss your cruise.

Mass Pike is still closed out there too even though the travel ban is lifted.

Now the question is where did the Airlines put all their planes? Those planes are all in places they are not suppose to be :(

In other words "out of position" to fly immediate reservations!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No one claimed it guarantees your will not miss the cruise. It just makes it less likely that you will miss your cruise. If you want a guarantee that snow will not affect your cruise, move to Phoenix and only cruise in June, July and August. But even that will not guarantee that you will not miss your cruise. Planes sometimes have mechanical issues.

Edited by Cuizer2

Guest maddycat
Note to self..... Don't cruise during snow months:D. Unless we have insurance or our flights are thru RC.

Or............cruise from your home port, Cape Liberty.

You may want to try what we are doing. We are from Philly and flights from here to FLL are costly the times we need to fly. Our cruise leaves from FLL also the day before yours.

We are driving down to BWI airport in Baltimore. We are only paying about $237pp RT on Southwest.

It would save you at least 12 hours of driving.

Bill

That's so funny...we have been known to drive to Philadelphia from New York to save money on flights! I should check out Baltimore.

That's so funny...we have been known to drive to Philadelphia from New York to save money on flights! I should check out Baltimore.

We usually try to book with Southwest but since the merger with AirTran there are hardly any direct flights (non on Fridays) from PHL and the prices aren't that hot either.

Bill