missed cruise

pattyk

we were thinking of driving but my husband is head of the dept. of public works in our town and could not and did not want to bail out on the town..our flight did get cancelled and was able to reschedule for Thursday morning..arriving at 10:20 am..praying now everything works out..thanks for all responses

we were thinking of driving but my husband is head of the dept. of public works in our town and could not and did not want to bail out on the town..our flight did get cancelled and was able to reschedule for Thursday morning..arriving at 10:20 am..praying now everything works out..thanks for all responses

Thanks for the update- Good luck!!

Thanks for the update. Safe travels down and enjoy your cruise.

Thanks for the update!! hope everything works out for you!! Happy cruising!:)

So happy to hear that you were able to get another flight. Good luck...and have an amazing cruise. Would love to hear a report.

Well of course not - it is winter time.

We aren't flying until the spring, and why would the prices be so much cheaper just 90 minutes south of us?

USAir usually beats SW here in Philly even with the baggage fees added and they have direct flights.

Southwest used to have a lot of direct flights but now they stop in Airtrans old hub in Atlanta or Tampa.

Bill

We aren't flying until the spring, and why would the prices be so much cheaper just 90 minutes south of us?

USAir usually beats SW here in Philly even with the baggage fees added and they have direct flights.

Southwest used to have a lot of direct flights but now they stop in Airtrans old hub in Atlanta or Tampa.

Bill

The pricing of goods and services is largely a supply and demand issue. In the case of air fare, how many carriers compete for the same route. If only one, or if there is a limited supply, then the prices will be high. If there are lots of options then prices will be lower.

It used to be that you could fly from point A to point C by changing planes at hub B for less than flying from point A to hub B. Why? Because A to B was a non-stop while A to C required a change of planes. Non-stops are more desirable than flights requiring a change in planes.

Once cruise lines found out that aft corner cabins were more desirable, they changed the category of those cabins so they could charge more for the same cabin.

If the airport 90 minutes south of you has more supply or competition, then that is likely the prices are lower.

The pricing of goods and services is largely a supply and demand issue. In the case of air fare, how many carriers compete for the same route. If only one, or if there is a limited supply, then the prices will be high. If there are lots of options then prices will be lower.

It used to be that you could fly from point A to point C by changing planes at hub B for less than flying from point A to hub B. Why? Because A to B was a non-stop while A to C required a change of planes. Non-stops are more desirable than flights requiring a change in planes.

Once cruise lines found out that aft corner cabins were more desirable, they changed the category of those cabins so they could charge more for the same cabin.

If the airport 90 minutes south of you has more supply or competition, then that is likely the prices are lower.

Makes sense.

In Philly on SW we only have 6 flights out, no direct flights and 8 coming back to Philly from FLL with 2 of those direct flights.

From Baltimore there are 10 flights to FLL with all of them being direct and 12 returning to BWI with all but 1 being direct flights which proves your point.:)

Bill

• 4 weeks later...
No one claimed it guarantees your will not miss the cruise. It just makes it less likely that you will miss your cruise. If you want a guarantee that snow will not affect your cruise, move to Phoenix and only cruise in June, July and August. But even that will not guarantee that you will not miss your cruise. Planes sometimes have mechanical issues.

Sitting in the airport waiting to catch up with our "missed" cruise. We were flying from Europe they day before and there was weather, mechanical, and crew issues. Got a flight that would barely get us there in time, and then low and behold, our luggage didn't arrive, and we had to do that. Got to the port 15 min too late. There are no guarantees!

That is majorly disappointing. I hope you will still be able to make the most of it. I was going to say "I feel your pain"... but I know I can't:(

Once you join up again, I hope you will mostly forget this part of the ordeal and enjoy yourselves.

Best of luck

dp

If anybody is flying with a connecting flight through Charlotte on tommorrow night going into Thursday morning, we are expecting 4-5 inches of snow and that amount here in the south shuts everthing down so be wary!

If anybody is flying with a connecting flight through Charlotte on tommorrow night going into Thursday morning, we are expecting 4-5 inches of snow and that amount here in the south shuts everthing down so be wary!

Rebook and leave ASAP!!!!