San Diego to Hawaii - long pants for outer deck walks?

mouseterd1

I'm a packer, trying to reform! So, from experience do you think I will need long pants or just capri pants for deck walking on the San Diego/Hawaii and return leg of a South Pacific/Tahiti cruise [Feb 13-March 15]? I know that the Hawaii/S. Pacific leg will likely be much warmer with it being quite hot/humid in February in French Polynesia...than I am going to like it there, that is.

I am not normally one to be cold and I'd rather leave the long casual pants at home. Thanks for your insights....:)

I'm a packer, trying to reform! So, from experience do you think I will need long pants or just capri pants for deck walking on the San Diego/Hawaii and return leg of a South Pacific/Tahiti cruise [Feb 13-March 15]? I know that the Hawaii/S. Pacific leg will likely be much warmer with it being quite hot/humid in February in French Polynesia...than I am going to like it there, that is.

I am not normally one to be cold and I'd rather leave the long casual pants at home. Thanks for your insights....:)

Yes, you'll need long pants at least for those first two evenings out of San Diego if interested in some deck walking. It'll warm up after

Thinking about books to pack - but perhaps I don't have to think too much about doing that - if the Statendam has a good library? I'm not much for reading on tablets....seemingly, I just have to hold a book when reading. Perhaps, one day I may adjust. LOL

Thinking about books to pack - but perhaps I don't have to think too much about doing that - if the Statendam has a good library? I'm not much for reading on tablets....seemingly, I just have to hold a book when reading. Perhaps, one day I may adjust. LOL

Sure, Statendam, the ship that departs San Diego on 13 FEB, has a combo Library/Coffee bar on her Upper Promenade Deck/Deck 8, port side, aft called the Explorations Café. It's got a decent selection of books

Yes I would bring the pants especially the first day from or the last day returning to San Diego can be very cold and windy. We learned that coming from the Panama Canal to San Diego on Statendam. Thank goodness we were prepared with a set of sweats each.

Good luck and have a wonderful time on Statendam. We love that ship.

I don't remember seeing you posting on our Roll Call. We have a very large CC roll call going and about 90 people signed up for our Meet and Greet. When we did this cruise in 2010 it was cool the first 2 days out of San Diego. Looking forward to meeting you.

I don't remember seeing you posting on our Roll Call. We have a very large CC roll call going and about 90 people signed up for our Meet and Greet. When we did this cruise in 2010 it was cool the first 2 days out of San Diego. Looking forward to meeting you.

Oh, they have been posting on our roll call, Ted. I chuckled to myself about whether or not they'd like having their door sign posted for a month with their screen name on it!

On this cruise before, I was cold leaving San Diego, and someone pointed out the Pacific has "trade winds". They weren't kidding! I kept seeing baseball caps flying overboard so you really have to screw on your hats if you walk on the promenade!

Look forward to meeting you! Kathi

Are you coming form Vancouver? Surely you will be wearing warm clothes traveling to and from home. Those should do nicely for the few cool days you will have on board. If you are coming from a warm, snow-bird location you will want to have a set of warm clothes. I recall some folks shivering in their shorts and sandals the first day out of SD. And some the second day... etc. m--

And I would add a hooded sweater/jacket/windbreaker: the wind can be pretty cold!

Great cruise! Enjoy!!

Ditto...ocean temp usually in the 50's and the wind blows most of the time. It's cold for at least the first 2 days.

Are you coming form Vancouver? Surely you will be wearing warm clothes traveling to and from home. Those should do nicely for the few cool days you will have on board.

Thanks for all your great comments. Yes, coming from Vancouver, however, it has been rather warm here of late. I have gone from airport to airport wearing capris, especially when flying to a hot area, as I never wear the pants again and they are heavy. But for north Pacific deck walking I think I will take a long pair of something with me.

As for our 'screen name', it is not spelled 'turd'!!! But, then again, said the same way!...there is somewhat of a story.