How to get extra "points"- crown and anchor

cpannkuk

Last October they gave you 5 extra points if you used ChoiceAir (plus 10% of fare as OBC); first time I've seen that. It was an advertised promo.

Hope that is still in effect. Shopping soon for our cruise air for next year.

On HAL you get an extra point for every $300 you spend onboard :-)

Are you listening Miami?

Apparently, Miami did listen - I think it was late 2016 when they piloted a program where for about $400 of on board spend you got a point. I think it lasted only a couple of sailings on one ship.

Apparently, Miami did listen - I think it was late 2016 when they piloted a program where for about $400 of on board spend you got a point. I think it lasted only a couple of sailings on one ship.

Bummer! We were able to get 7 additional points with Holland (total 21 for week) 1 = cruise 1 = Neptune Suite 1 = $ spent.

Freedom, fall 2016. I think it was $350. Around same time they had the Stella machine on the Promenade

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

In Feb 2015 on the Freedom. They were adding 3 extra C&A points, for spending $1000 on your seapass. It worked out for us because we used the infirmary. Then got reimbursed by the insurance company.

We are starting to eyeball Pinnacle as doable before we die! :D

So, I went out to RCCL's web site, chose a time period in the future that we want to travel, and sorted by longest duration. We will start staying in Junior Suites for double points, so to get the most out of our travel $$ I looked for the cheapest JS cabins I could find on the longest cruises I could also find. Surprising results.

I found a b2b2b on the Grandeur, in the same JS cabin for about $250 more than a Princess cruise we had booked in an obstructed ocean view and one more night. I grabbed the JS and when we are done we'll be 54 points closer to Pinnacle.

Even if they change the points required, we will be high-point Diamond Plus. Usually, when/if RCCL takes something away, they replace it with something else. Like when the Diamonds were no longer allowed in the Concierge Lounges, they put the 3 drinks on our seapass cards and started building Diamond Lounges on their ships.

so i called again this morning and another woman said the double points didnt start till 2012, the person yesterday told me 2013.

so i called back again shortly thereafter and got someone who said the double points started in 2004 so they gave me my double points from a few years back, what a win.. thanks to all you for your input...

The double points for solo travelers started in 2013. That's probably what they were referring to when you first called.

• 2 months later...