Canadian cruisers!!

Did you finally get an appointment at the Lansdowne office?

I tried to call Fort Erie this morning to schedule ours and they said you MUST use the GOES website and the Passid # they gave us over the phone to set up an appointment. The reason I called was to ask how to "link" the two numbers so we'd get an appointment time together. She said just to take any two appointments on the same day and they would "likely" take us both at the same time. They will not let you book over the phone.

Ken and Andrew and anybody else that's gone through it.. did you go in with your wife/children? or do they take you one at a time? The appointments are each 15 minutes and I got one for 8:45 a.m. and the other for 9:30 a.m. which was the best there was at Fort Erie in the next few months. It says on the appt. printout to bring your conditional approval confirmation letter.. Of course, we don't have one so I called back and asked about that and she said don't worry about it.. you'll have your Nexus card before the letter! :rolleyes: I wasn't surprised since I remembered somebody else in this thread mentioned that happened to them. Hopefully this will all be worth it!! :)

No one had answered the phone when I called several times in their stated 2:30 to 3 oclock time frame so I left a message explaining everything and asking for a call back. Guess what, no call back.

I then called another day between the hours set and got a lovely woman who was very nice and she booked our appointments. We can't get in till early May if we want to go together. She would give us separate appointments if we want to get in sooner but we would be going on different days and since its a 40 minute drive I decided to take the May appointment.

She took our numbers and booked it, no mention of having to use the GOES site. I did try and do it when I didn't get a call back the first time however after inputting my information it kicked me back out to the home page so I gave up.

Were you able to get an appointment soon or is it weeks away?

I am not certain if you can go seperatly (days apart) even though you are married.

Just in case anyone else is reading and wondering about this, you can go separately from your spouse to an enrolment centre for the interview.

My family did this when I first applied and became a member a few years ago. I went first; my wife and DD (a toddler at the time) went weeks later, scheduled for consecutive time slots, but obviously were taken in together for the interview.

No one had answered the phone when I called several times in their stated 2:30 to 3 oclock time frame so I left a message explaining everything and asking for a call back. Guess what, no call back.

I then called another day between the hours set and got a lovely woman who was very nice and she booked our appointments. We can't get in till early May if we want to go together. She would give us separate appointments if we want to get in sooner but we would be going on different days and since its a 40 minute drive I decided to take the May appointment.

She took our numbers and booked it, no mention of having to use the GOES site. I did try and do it when I didn't get a call back the first time however after inputting my information it kicked me back out to the home page so I gave up.

Were you able to get an appointment soon or is it weeks away?

Well I'm glad you finally got it sorted out and got your appointment. :)

They told me that we MUST book it online so I had no choice but to use the GOES site. It took me a while to find a day when we could both go and to get two appointments relatively close together. You can see all the appointment times available once you sign into GOES. Ours is May 10th but we're not in a huge hurry and we wouldn't likely need it before then anyways!

I could have got one for tomorrow but there was only one appointment available and the same for the next few days. We're over an hour from Fort Erie and we'd prefer to go together so May was good for us. I'll be glad when it's over as I'm sure you will be too! :) No doubt it will be worth it.

:) That's great!! Thanks so much Andrew. I just wasn't sure how this works when there's two (or more) of you. I think we will just go with the appointments I've booked.

The girl on the phone said if you let them know there's two of you when you arrive, they'll likely take you in together but really there's not that much time between the two appointments so if we have to go in separately and wait, so be it! It's all good!

That may work at Erie but do not try that at Lansdowne. Lansdown is small only one CDN agent and 1 US agent. I mentioned that they told he that on the phone and his response was that then you would be waiting for hours until your next appointment. He said they may do that at larger centres where there are more agents but not at the smaller ones.

That may work at Erie but do not try that at Lansdowne. Lansdown is small only one CDN agent and 1 US agent. I mentioned that they told he that on the phone and his response was that then you would be waiting for hours until your next appointment. He said they may do that at larger centres where there are more agents but not at the smaller ones.

Thanks Ken! So did you and your wife go in separately? I remembered what you said about them asking you what countries you'd visited in the past 5 years so I've got my list all ready for that! ;) Just watch --they won't even ask me now after I've prepared it! :rolleyes:

Edited by hancogran

Thanks Ken! Did you and your wife go in separately? I remembered what you said about them asking you what countries you'd visited in the past 5 years so I've got my list all ready for that! ;) Just watch --they won't even ask me now after I've prepared it! :rolleyes:

All 4 of us were able to get consecutive appointments. At Lansdowne there is no going in. It's one room with a counter that both agents are sitting at, so you are waiting your turn listening and seeing what is happening to the person ahead of you. We saw the CDN agent first and then moved to the US agent and the CDN agent then processed the next person in line.

All 4 of us were able to get consecutive appointments. At Lansdowne there is no going in. It's one room with a counter that both agents are sitting at, so you are waiting your turn listening and seeing what is happening to the person ahead of you. We saw the CDN agent first and then moved to the US agent and the CDN agent then processed the next person in line.

Sounds cosy... and less intimidating than what I'm expecting at Fort Erie. ;) At least I have some idea of the process so that's a help! :) Thanks!

Totally different from the Fort Erie experience. It took us 1.5 hours from start to finish for all three of us with interviews with US and Canadian agents including eye scans. We spent 2 hours just to get there by car. :)

Totally different from the Fort Erie experience. It took us 1.5 hours from start to finish for all three of us with interviews with US and Canadian agents including eye scans. We spent 2 hours just to get there by car. :)

:eek: Hmmmm.... This is kinda like going to the dentist--- a place I hate!!!

:eek: Hmmmm.... This is kinda like going to the dentist--- a place I hate!!!

Believe me, it's no where near as painful. That is unless you have a nefarious past, and they pull out the gloves. :eek:

Anyone excited to see the Jays back. 1 win and in a good position so for in the second game.

Edited by A&L_Ont

Believe me, it's no where near as painful. That is unless you have a nefarious past, and they pull out the gloves. :eek:

Anyone excited to see the Jays back. 1 win and in a good position so for in the second game.

Watching the game right now!! 5-3 :D Go Jays Go! :D Let's hope this will be their year to take it all! Last year was just so close.

We'll definitely be at a few games this season!

All 4 of us were processed in about 45 minutes, but with a 2 hour drive there, another 2 hours back and a stop for lunch it made for a full day.

Do they have retina scan at Lansdown

Yes Lansdown does have the Retina scan.

NEXUS uses an iris photo (of both irises), not a retina scan :) Different parts of the eye, and using the former for biometric identification is far less invasive than using the latter.

A little bit like how we shouldn't call a cruise ship a "boat" :)

NEXUS uses an iris photo (of both irises), not a retina scan :) Different parts of the eye, and using the former for biometric identification is far less invasive than using the latter.

He, he. That's why I called it the eye scan this time around. I knew it wasn't the retina but didn't remember the term iris. :D

Moopetguy, by chance do you work in the "eye" world or are you just more aware of the terminology, as we all know how the captain feels about his ship being called a boat.

Moopetguy, by chance do you work in the "eye" world or are you just more aware of the terminology, as we all know how the captain feels about his ship being called a boat.

Nope, I'm just a pedantic engineer ;)

I like big boats and I cannot lie... (apologies to Sir Mix-a-Lot, and probably to everyone else here, for the reference) :D

I was scolded by 'the' captain of captains about this. We were on Castaway Cay and Jack Sparrow happened to be there. He stopped and asked me what I was going to be doing for the rest of the day. I said I ws going to have some lunch and go on back to the boat. He said, in a very scolding tone, "First of all its a SHIP".

I have never called it a boat since. ;)

The problem with retina scanners is one's retina is easily removed...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Um......speechless ......LOL

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

It's true. I have a fairly high level of security clearance with the federal government and one area that I'm required to access had to upgrade their security systems. A retina scanner was considered but found to be vulnerable as you can pop someone's eye ball out...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk