Canadian cruisers!!

Does that include the 2 1/2% Forex?

It just shows the 1.306 rate on my statement. I paid 1.33 for my drink package so not worth cancelling yet. Hopefully our dollar will climb a bit more before our cruise.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

It just shows the 1.306 rate on my statement. I paid 1.33 for my drink package so not worth cancelling yet. Hopefully our dollar will climb a bit more before our cruise.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Oh I agree with you to hang on a bit and see what happens. ;) Fingers crossed that this is another good week for our loonie.

With Ken mentioning the dollar rate change I looked at our August 2016 cruise. I called my TA and we have saved just under $491 even with us now paying for tips. We orginally booked in early April with the promo where RC paid the tips. So either this latest sale :rolleyes: saved us a few dollars, or our excahnge rate getting better did it or a possible price drop (as if) has saved us a few dollars.

Whatever the case my fellow Canadians, you might want to check out pricing on your sailings. We are also going to see if our drink packages have dropped as well.

With Ken mentioning the dollar rate change I looked at our August 2016 cruise. I called my TA and we have saved just under $491 even with us now paying for tips. We orginally booked in early April with the promo where RC paid the tips. So either this latest sale :rolleyes: saved us a few dollars, or our excahnge rate getting better did it or a possible price drop (as if) has saved us a few dollars.

Whatever the case my fellow Canadians, you might want to check out pricing on your sailings. We are also going to see if our drink packages have dropped as well.

Drink package (Premium-7day) still converts at around $1.31 , US on board purchase= $404.74 / Cdn Cruise planner= $538.30. So it is similar to credit card/bank conversions.

OBC are still at a $1.40 exchange for a $100 US OBC. No savings on this one.

Drink package (Premium-7day) still converts at around $1.31 , US on board purchase= $404.74 / Cdn Cruise planner= $538.30. So it is similar to credit card/bank conversions.

OBC are still at a $1.40 exchange for a $100 US OBC. No savings on this one.

Thanks for doing the homework Count. I usually just do the pop card and she does the Royal Replentish package. We will keep our eyes open to if our dollar rates get better in relation to price corrections. As it stands now we will keep our current packages at the current price.

Thanks for the heads up Andrew! That's great that you got such a nice savings on your August cruise! :)

Just checked both of ours and no savings here. :( One is $100 more per person than what we paid, and the other is $1,000 more per person! We figure we got an excellent price when the bookings opened up a few months ago so we're happy!

Thanks for doing the homework Count. I usually just do the pop card and she does the Royal Replentish package. We will keep our eyes open to if our dollar rates get better in relation to price corrections. As it stands now we will keep our current packages at the current price.

At least our CDN Peso is getting better than back last fall and winter this past year. See by your profile, your just down the road and likely Diamond + on the ship. Funny we have not bumped into each other. We are out on Allure in Oct 23 for the East run, tentative holiday over New Years, Freedom in mid February 2017, then Celebrity in April 2017.

I get the "pop card" as well, but mine is the Wobbly Pop type!

TTYL!

At least our CDN Peso is getting better than back last fall and winter this past year. See by your profile, your just down the road and likely Diamond + on the ship. Funny we have not bumped into each other. We are out on Allure in Oct 23 for the East run, tentative holiday over New Years, Freedom in mid February 2017, then Celebrity in April 2017.

I get the "pop card" as well, but mine is the Wobbly Pop type!

TTYL!

And there is nothing wrong with that.:D I have a hard time getting through my 3 free D+ ones, let alone the "freebies" in the SL. Sounds like one day the chances are good that we could be on the same ship.:)

Where abouts down the road are you? We are actually just north of London, but it is just easier to say London.

And there is nothing wrong with that.:D I have a hard time getting through my 3 free D+ ones, let alone the "freebies" in the SL. Sounds like one day the chances are good that we could be on the same ship.:)

Where abouts down the road are you? We are actually just north of London, but it is just easier to say London.

You must be in Ilderton, Varna, Elsa Craig!

Just east in Kitchener/Waterloo for us.

:D

You must be in Ilderton, Varna, Elsa Craig!

Just east in Kitchener/Waterloo for us.

:D

Near Lucan and St Marys for us.

I was in KW on Saturday on the way to Milton. It will be nice when they finally have #7 finished in KW as well as the construction on the 401 by Cambridge. It was stop and go Saturday afternoon there so I could only imagine how bad it would be at peak times on work days.

Nice.

I'm not checking mine yet. Any that are close have gone up quite a bit and the few further out I will leave in CDN until closer to the sail date. What goes up in a hurry can fall back down just as quick.

I was able to get one repriced with the new sale and booked another for March 2018 as a back up plan.

Just as a follow up, I had my Nexus appointment today. It was very easy, I was prepared for just about everything however the only thing he asked was my full name, my birthday and was the address on my license correct. Then he did the eye scan and the finger prints. Next he did my husbands, same thing. Once that was one he called me over and hubby and I listened to his speal about what we can and can not do with the Nexus card. He said the card will arrive in 5 to 10 business days.

We arrived early for our appointment and was done and out of there before our actual appointment time. So easy I don't know why I didn't do it years ago.

Just as a follow up, I had my Nexus appointment today. It was very easy, I was prepared for just about everything however the only thing he asked was my full name, my birthday and was the address on my license correct. Then he did the eye scan and the finger prints. Next he did my husbands, same thing. Once that was one he called me over and hubby and I listened to his speal about what we can and can not do with the Nexus card. He said the card will arrive in 5 to 10 business days.

We arrived early for our appointment and was done and out of there before our actual appointment time. So easy I don't know why I didn't do it years ago.

Congrats. You will love the card and the time that it saves you.

Glad to hear it went well. You will be super excited when you get to use it. That's when you will really wonder why you didn't apply years ago after you blast through the customs lines.

:) Glad to hear it went so well. We go to Fort Erie this coming Tuesday for our appointment. Hope ours goes as smoothly as yours did. Like you, I'm prepared too but hope I won't need it. I remember Ken saying they'd asked for a list of the countries you visited in the last five years so I typed that up printed it out (just in case). Believe it or not, we received our pre-approval letters in the mail today so I stuck those in with the other documents it said to bring. I'm ready!! ;)

:) Glad to hear it went so well. We go to Fort Erie this coming Tuesday for our appointment. Hope ours goes as smoothly as yours did. Like you, I'm prepared too but hope I won't need it all. I remember Ken saying they'd asked for a list of the countries you visited in the last five years so I typed that up printed it out (just in case). Believe it or not, we received our pre-approval letters in the mail today so I stuck those in with the other documents it said to bring. I'm ready!! ;)

:) Glad to hear it went so well. We go to Fort Erie this coming Tuesday for our appointment. Hope ours goes as smoothly as yours did. Like you, I'm prepared too but hope I won't need it. I remember Ken saying they'd asked for a list of the countries you visited in the last five years so I typed that up printed it out (just in case). Believe it or not, we received our pre-approval letters in the mail today so I stuck those in with the other documents it said to bring. I'm ready!! ;)

Smart move having the list of countries printed out. Hard to remember them all when they ask up you and you weren't expecting the question. We forgot a couple.

Lucky you getting your pre approval letters before your interview. Ours came 6 days after ours and the day before our cards arrived in the mail.

Smart move having the list of countries printed out. Hard to remember them all when they ask up you and you weren't expecting the question. We forgot a couple.

Lucky you getting your pre approval letters before your interview. Ours came 6 days after ours and the day before our cards arrived in the mail.

We really didn't expect to receive our letters before going. They told us on the phone that we would likely have our card before we received the pre approval letter and I was a bit worried since that was one of the documents it said to bring. :)

After reading how you were asked about the countries visited, I figured there's no way I'd remember them when I was standing in front of a man/woman in a uniform so I'm ready! :p Just watch.... they likely won't ask us but at least I have them if they do! ;) Thanks for the heads up on that one Ken!

We really didn't expect to receive our letters before going. They told us on the phone that we would likely have our card before we received the pre approval letter and I was a bit worried since that was one of the documents it said to bring. :)

After reading how you were asked about the countries visited, I figured there's no way I'd remember them when I was standing in front of a man/woman in a uniform so I'm ready! :p Just watch.... they likely won't ask us but at least I have them if they do! ;) Thanks for the heads up on that one Ken!

Guess what was in our mail when we got home from our interview??? Lol. Our letters! If they had just come a day earlier, they did ask when we were there if we had received them but weren't concerned when I said no.

I had my list of countries to, just in case. Better safe than sorry, not information I could have come up with on the spot. We didn't need it but they could have asked so better safe than sorry.

Good to know! I've had my Nexus card for about 5 years - but DH and DS didn't have them, which made it useless when traveling as a family. So, filled the application a couple of Sunday's ago, got the approval a week later, so booked the appointments. I recall being asked a lot more questions back then. Hardest part will be driving to Fort Erie for an 8:45 appointment time on a Saturday morning! Oh well, no traffic at least.

Good to know! I've had my Nexus card for about 5 years - but DH and DS didn't have them, which made it useless when traveling as a family. So, filled the application a couple of Sunday's ago, got the approval a week later, so booked the appointments. I recall being asked a lot more questions back then. Hardest part will be driving to Fort Erie for an 8:45 appointment time on a Saturday morning! Oh well, no traffic at least.

Ours is 8:45 a.m. this coming Tuesday and I can just imagine what the morning traffic will be like. :eek: Normally, it's about an hour and a half drive for us but I'm going to allow 2 1/2 hours due to traffic on the 403 and the QEW. You're right..Saturday morning traffic will be much lighter. I should really have made the appointment for later but I was just so happy to find two appointment slots fairly close together and only had to wait about 3 or 4 weeks. That was pretty quick to get your pre-approval so quickly. It took about 7 weeks for us and I ended up having to call them to see what was happening with it. Good luck! :)

Ours is 8:45 a.m. this coming Tuesday and I can just imagine what the morning traffic will be like. :eek: Normally, it's about an hour and a half drive for us but I'm going to allow 2 1/2 hours due to traffic on the 403 and the QEW. You're right..Saturday morning traffic will be much lighter. I should really have made the appointment for later but I was just so happy to find two appointment slots fairly close together and only had to wait about 3 or 4 weeks. That was pretty quick to get your pre-approval so quickly. It took about 7 weeks for us and I ended up having to call them to see what was happening with it. Good luck! :)

We sure could have used the Nexus card last Sunday. We landed at Pierre Elliott Trudeau airport in Montreal. It took us two and a half hours from leaving the aircraft to leaving the terminal with our bags.