Canadian cruisers!!

We were going to book the Canadian rate but ended up booking about 2 weeks ago with vacaations to go at the US rate. Even with the exchange rate, we will still end up slightly cheaper, plus $100 on board credit! We are doing 9 night on the Navigator in Feb.

Edited by Halo19

Thanks for the heads up but no drops for our cruises either! Actually, one of them is now $1,000 per person more than what we paid when we booked it a few months ago. :eek: So much for their Canadian residents sale. :rolleyes:

Pretty well every time I check RC's so called sales, whether it be BOGO 60% off or the recent Cdn 35% off, it turns out to be more $'s with the 'sales' than previously quoted.

I booked a cruise yesterday with a Canadian travel agent (which I never do) and their price was $2,000 less than the quoted RC's latest 'deal', and I also got $75 OBC and Aeroplan points.

Does anyone know if you can still pre-purchase $'s with RC (put into your account prior to sailing) and get the 1.10 exchange? This was happening, last I checked in December 2016, but perhaps they cottoned onto how much they were losing.:rolleyes:

The 1.1 exchange ended in marcthe rate was 1.4 and I told them that's more than theh. When I called for our April cruise banks charge

Knew it was too good to last. Even Visa with their 2.5% bank fee is now only charging a 1.31 exchange rate. :confused:

Knew it was too good to last. Even Visa with their 2.5% bank fee is now only charging a 1.31 exchange rate. :confused:

Consider getting one of the Canadian credit cards that don't charge a transaction fee. Same conversion rate, but no additional2.5% bite.

http://www.greedyrates.ca/blog/travel-tip-avoid-foreign-transaction-fees-canadian-credit-card/#.V1i4q1d1diM

Consider getting one of the Canadian credit cards that don't charge a transaction fee. Same conversion rate, but no additional2.5% bite.

http://www.greedyrates.ca/blog/travel-tip-avoid-foreign-transaction-fees-canadian-credit-card/#.V1i4q1d1diM

Thanks. I do have one but find it a hassle to make the payment, so after my first initial uses, haven't bothered much with it. And, of course, the points on my Visa is paying for my airfares when we cruise.

Thanks. I do have one but find it a hassle to make the payment, so after my first initial uses, haven't bothered much with it. And, of course, the points on my Visa is paying for my airfares when we cruise.

I'm not sure how making payment is any more difficult than for other cards, as that's not my experience. As far as points, I agree. I have a card for daily use giving travel points and use the other solely for foreign currency purchases.

I'm not sure how making payment is any more difficult than for other cards, as that's not my experience. As far as points, I agree. I have a card for daily use giving travel points and use the other solely for foreign currency purchases.

We live in a small town and have to go to our bank to make payment. Unable to do via internet banking payment.

We live in a small town and have to go to our bank to make payment. Unable to do via internet banking payment.

LOL. I never considered Vancouver to be a "small town", so I'm guessing that you must live in a small town NEAR Vancouver.

Yes, I do all my banking via the internet, so I can see your problem.

LOL. I never considered Vancouver to be a "small town", so I'm guessing that you must live in a small town NEAR Vancouver.

Yes, I do all my banking via the internet, so I can see your problem.

Ha ha. We used to live in Vancouver but now are on the Sunshine Coast . . . unfortunately no sun today.:rolleyes:

Just came home from Brilliance in Barcelona and this is the first time since out first cruise (7 since) that we didn't book our next one onboard. Can't justify the prices. Our next vacation will either be an all inclusive or gasp.....a Carnival or MSC Cruise.

We book the Rhapsody for the Nov 2017 TA, ( usually book after final payment date) to pre paid the gratitudes the cost was only $8.71 CAD per day , total of $122 for 14 night cruise

I wonder if that a deal for Canadians cruisers

I am getting $122 pp CAD for a 7 night cruise for Aug 16 on the Liberty

Edited by Canadian Disney Mom

We book the Rhapsody for the Nov 2017 TA, ( usually book after final payment date) to pre paid the gratitudes the cost was only $8.71 CAD per day , total of $122 for 14 night cruise

I am getting $122 pp CAD for a 7 night cruise for Aug 16 on the Liberty

I would certainly prepay gratuities on that 14 day cruise. Sounds like a IT/website glitch to me.

Being offered for Australians also at $8.71 AUD.

Just a warning for Canadians using ATMs in Europe.

I recently returned from Ireland and using my debit card withdrew 220 euros from an ATM. Fine no problems. However when I received my statement it showed I had withdrawn 249 euros. When I pointed out this discrepancy to my bank they said this is what some banks in Europe are doing now. They convert it to US dollars and give the rate on that.

This is the first time this has happened even years ago when our dollar was low. Plan to order from my bank and take euros with me for my next trip.

Just a warning for Canadians using ATMs in Europe.

I recently returned from Ireland and using my debit card withdrew 220 euros from an ATM. Fine no problems. However when I received my statement it showed I had withdrawn 249 euros. When I pointed out this discrepancy to my bank they said this is what some banks in Europe are doing now. They convert it to US dollars and give the rate on that.

This is the first time this has happened even years ago when our dollar was low. Plan to order from my bank and take euros with me for my next trip.

There are also some Canadian credit cards that do the same thing, converting to USD before converting to CAD. I only recently became aware of this practise, and I'm not sure yet what the impact of the double conversion might be.

I would certainly prepay gratuities on that 14 day cruise. Sounds like a IT/website glitch to me.

After reading this, thought I'd check if I could prepay my gratuities for a December 2016 cruise. Can't see where to do that (would only do it if the 'deal' was still there as our Cdn. $ conversion may be better down the road).

Any clues as to how to do this on the internet? :confused: