Deployment Schedule 2016-2017. Let the guessing begin

Cruzin-K

Disappointed? Yes. Surprised? No. It also wouldn't surprise me to see Explorer itineraries on hold for awhile longer (for spring and fall, 2016).

I'm waffling between Oasis and Harmony. We're booked on the last Oasis cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale and the first Harmony cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale, with an 8-day gap to go on EN, perhaps, or possibly nab one of the invites to a pre-inaugural on Harmony (which I assume will take place after the TA).

Or, wait until Oasis arrives in PC and book a b2b. I'm flexible at this point.

The November 5th sailing of Harmony just opened for a 3 day sailing to the Bahamas.

Jewel is not surprising as it was a re-deployment. Bookings in Europe had just started to appear the day before they did the European season press release.

I think the work they are doing with the Jewel itineraries is actually related to port crowding, so the work they are doing now could save a lot of hassle later.

The November 5th sailing of Harmony just opened for a 3 day sailing to the Bahamas.

Jewel is not surprising as it was a re-deployment. Bookings in Europe had just started to appear the day before they did the European season press release.

I think the work they are doing with the Jewel itineraries is actually related to port crowding, so the work they are doing now could save a lot of hassle later.

That could work for us, I'm off to check it out -- thanks!:)

Disappointed? Yes. Surprised? No. It also wouldn't surprise me to see Explorer itineraries on hold for awhile longer (for spring and fall, 2016).

I'm waffling between Oasis and Harmony. We're booked on the last Oasis cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale and the first Harmony cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale, with an 8-day gap to go on EN, perhaps, or possibly nab one of the invites to a pre-inaugural on Harmony (which I assume will take place after the TA).

Or, wait until Oasis arrives in PC and book a b2b. I'm flexible at this point.

Would think about booking something but with our 2 booked Apr/16 ExOS in the air now, we want to move them to the Fall/16??

Waiting for RCL.........so could take some time for that phone call?:rolleyes:

I probably won't- I also booked the last sailing on the FR out of PC- Now that one I might take if the OA prices are too high ;)

I have never cancelled a booking, moved a couple, but never cancelled. Probably afraid I'd screw it up

I probably won't- I also booked the last sailing on the FR out of PC- Now that one I might take if the OA prices are too high ;)

I also booked fr I think it last sailing oct 23 2016 it wasn't a bad price we got a js for 3 for 34 something but was thinkin abt switchin over to oasis depends on price though

Called my TA and tried to book. Something is going on. Looks like all the D1's are held or sold or something. Don't want to move rooms for just 3 days so I guess we will pass. Guess 16 days will just have to be enough unless we can pick up another ship in Ft L.

Called my TA and tried to book. Something is going on. Looks like all the D1's are held or sold or something. Don't want to move rooms for just 3 days so I guess we will pass. Guess 16 days will just have to be enough unless we can pick up another ship in Ft L.

I was booking multiple cabins. When I started almost all categories were open. Before I could book the additional cabins I got a message in red stating that the booking can not be completed at this moment.

When they opened up again, inventory was limited to certain categories.

They certainly might open them up again.

They could also have the D1s restriced to triple/ quad occupancy for the 3 nt sailing. I know part of last reclassification was almost all D1s are now triples/quads/connecting

I have never cancelled a booking, moved a couple, but never cancelled. Probably afraid I'd screw it up

I don't use the RCL web page to book, just search and then phone and have a person do it!! I have no faith in their web page.

We have cancelled and moved bookings.

Had them cancelled on us by RCL and moved or booked new ones too. Like maybe the Explorer Apr/16, which we are waiting to hear about.........

They could also have the D1s restriced to triple/ quad occupancy for the 3 nt sailing. I know part of last reclassification was almost all D1s are now triples/quads/connecting

Probably true. We can book D1's in the off season, but not in prime season or for special weeks (like Easter) when the prices are elevated. We check on a site we can't name, and they show up as available, however.

Yes, that is it. The brief time I could not even book 3 in those rooms was just for a short while.

For those that use a cruise pricing website to 'fish' around for cruise fares, it is now visible there that doubles can not be booked in D1, D3, D4, H and K on Harmony along with the larger family rooms and larger suites.

I don't see this sailing on RCI's website -- how did you book it? :confused:

Explorer of the Seas is newly listed on the Hilo Harbor port schedule on this date :) Ref: http://hidot.hawaii.gov/harbors/files/2013/01/hilo-cruise-2016-03-31-15.pdf

There is also an entry on 21 April 2016 for Explorer of the Seas at Sydney OPT. I don't believe this was here before?

The earlier 12 April 2016 OPT entry remains which was the sailing date for the Sydney-Perth Bottom end 16 night intinerary which is now marked as N/A.

I wonder if she'll be doing a 9-night NZ cruise now to keep some of the port bookings there?

Edited by marquisite

I don't see this sailing on RCI's website -- how did you book it? :confused:

He is just referring to a booking appearing on the port schedule for Hilo Hawaii.

They are planning the sailing now as this is a new booking.

There is also an entry on 21 April 2016 for Explorer of the Seas at Sydney OPT. I don't believe this was here before?

The earlier 12 April 2016 OPT entry remains which was the sailing date for the Sydney-Perth Bottom end 16 night intinerary which is now marked as N/A.

I wonder if she'll be doing a 9-night NZ cruise now to keep some of the port bookings there?

Thanks for posting. This is what I had expected them to do right away. It was odd they left the 2 altered sailings open so long after deciding to send Explorer to Alaska.

That would indicate a 21 April sailing from SYD to HI. She would then sail around the 8/9 May from Honolulu and arrive at *North America around the 20th of May.

Am I missing something?

Did we not determine that the Explorer could not get under the Vancouver bridge?

A cruise from Hawaii to Seattle would be in violation of the PVSA. How, exactly, will the Explorer get to Seattle?

If they handle it like Rhapsody, the cruise from Hawaii will end in Canada. The next cruise will go to Alaska and end in Seattle. From that point they can do Seattle round trips.

Am I missing something?

Did we not determine that the Explorer could not get under the Vancouver bridge?

A cruise from Hawaii to Seattle would be in violation of the PVSA. How, exactly, will the Explorer get to Seattle?

You're right, Explorer can not go to Vancouver for the reason you mentioned. It can stop in Victoria, however, if it is a "legal" port. :)

You're right, Explorer can not go to Vancouver for the reason you mentioned. It can stop in Victoria, however, if it is a "legal" port. :)

It's a legal port if they make everyone get off and do a one day sail to Seattle without Pax. Like what they used to do in Ensenada and then run to SD to pick up the next batch on the old Hawaii runs.