Deployment Schedule 2016-2017. Let the guessing begin

Cruzin-K

Where can you find the Itinuery of all the ships if you don't know what cruise you would like to do?:confused:

Carol:)

Royal used to have a way to see specific deployment areas by ship, but they removed that in the latest update. Now you can only search by general area, such as Transatlantic, Europe, Alaska, etc.

Agreed. :confused:

Bermuda out of Baltimore is one of our favorite RCI itineraries. Last time we sailed to Bermuda on Enchantment in September 2012 we thought the time in Bermuda was short: only had one afternoon half-day (Sunday) upon arrival at Kings Wharf followed by one full day (Monday) followed by a (Tuesday) morning half-day on departure day.

In 2016 any Grandeur itinerary that calls in Bermuda shows arrival after lunch and departure the next day at the same time.

Has RCI been out-bid for 2016 Kings Wharf docking rights by NCL and Celebrity? YIKES! :eek:

When I first heard that they were going to change Grandeur to 5 night Bermuda cruises, I assumed they were going to swap so that Anthem could do 7 day cruises to Bermuda, but it looks like it will also continue to do 5 day, so maybe they are trying to free up days for more one day Bermuda stops from FL?

An analysis of cruise reviews brought some interesting data that is related to deployment and might explain some of the recent decisions by RCI.

The fact that 81% of first time cruisers book with the same cruise line and that 55% of them choose the same destination for a second sailing and 72% book the same accommodation category is certainly interesting.

With 'Service/Staff' and 'Food/dining' being the highest ranking factors, the value of maintaining quality older ships in key repeat markets is also discussed.

http://www.seatrade-insider.com/news/news-headlines/cruiselinecom-users-rank-service-staff-as-top-cruise-attribute.html

When I first heard that they were going to change Grandeur to 5 night Bermuda cruises, I assumed they were going to swap so that Anthem could do 7 day cruises to Bermuda, but it looks like it will also continue to do 5 day, so maybe they are trying to free up days for more one day Bermuda stops from FL?

Looking more closely at the 2016/2017 schedules as posted, I don't see but two RCI ships calling on Bermuda. Looks like Anthem gets two full days at King's Wharf (arrival at 9 AM on the first day, then departing at 5 PM the next day) on both its 5-day "Bermuda" and 7-day "Bermuda & Boston" itineraries, which only leaves Grandeur with two half-days (the early-afternoon arrival on day-1, and then departure early-afternoon the next day). So if Grandeur is docked on a Sunday/Monday, the only alternatives would be the shops next to the dock or expensive ship-provided excursions. Everything else would be closed.

Boo!! Guess we won't be sailing Grandeur to Bermuda again. VERY disappointing. :confused:

Royal used to have a way to see specific deployment areas by ship, but they removed that in the latest update. Now you can only search by general area, such as Transatlantic, Europe, Alaska, etc.

It doesn't help those that don't have a set cruise in their minds or want to see what goes from a specific port.

I used to like that Search feature they took away.:(

It doesn't help those that don't have a set cruise in their minds or want to see what goes from a specific port.

I think search by departure port still functions

Thanks Bob, I don't know what port or what Itinuery I would like to do unless I see more then one port to sail out of and the ports they go to:(

Dayle, You know what I mean, and I like the old way better also:confused:

Carol:)

Edited by flames

Using sites other than Royals are much more user friendly if searching for a partipcilar date range or even area.

Using sites other than Royals are much more user friendly if searching for a partipcilar date range or even area.

Carol and I will have to search further from RCL then!!!:)

Explorer repos on RCL site:

April 23 2016, Sydney to Seattle, 24nts.

Oct 8, 2016, Seattle to Sydney, 24nts

So, obviously the April 28 Perth to Singapore will be cancelled.

Edited by pspercy

Do you have a link for the Oct 8 sailing as I can't see it on the UK RCL site?

They are actually identified as 24 night Transpacific cruises and not repositioning cruises.

Here is the updated Explorer Alaska and Pacific Coastal deployment flyer.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/2016_2017/15043433_EX_2016_Alaska_Deployment_Flyer.pdf

Here is the updated Explorer Exotics South Pacific deployment flyer.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/2016_2017/15044128_Explorer_Exotics_Deployment_Flyer.pdf

too bad they are missing them. We did them on the Radiance.

So did we. One of the biggest disappointments we've had. I guess that I was expecting way too much. Ever since I was a kid I've always wanted to see Tahiti. It wasn't what I thought at all.