Deployment Schedule 2016-2017. Let the guessing begin

Cruzin-K

Jewel is still showing on calendars for May 20th from Vancouver. Explorer could make that timeline to Seattle by cancelling the Singapore trip. Sort of pointless for that trip to operate anyway. But looking at Explorer overall, the entire deployment doesn't make sense.

I think the Explorer deployment does make sense for two reasons. Firstly, capacity was reduced on the transpacific route from Australia to Alaska via Hawaii when Rhapsody was re-deployed. Royal cruises on that route sell at very strong prices. Secondly, they are way below competitors capacity in Alaska (Princess being the primary example) but apparently Royal sell these cruises at quite strong prices. I'm not denying that the re-deployment of Explorer might be a hoax, just that there is some rationale for it.

I do think that Radiance class is a better choice of ship for Alaska though. Bring Jewel to Australia! [emoji2]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think they will be thinking about currency a lot with the resurgent USD. This encourages Americans to travel overseas and of course Europe is a desirable destination. Most of Europe is in a deep recession, but many of Royal's customers are paying their cruise fare in USD not Euro, so they may not need to cut fares to fill ships.

It would not surprise me if Riyal announces before Oz sales that all cruises from Australia will be in AUD.

Mad flyer I think your comments about the currency have influenced some of Royals decisions.

Yes

Explorer of the Seas does not match up with Alaska season.

Oasis of the Seas is being advertised on Hong Kong tv.

Navigator Trans Atlantics may not go on sale.

Who knows what they are doing with Jewel. ( Forget media statement)

Now I have doubts about Ovation in China.

I definitely do not see that RCI shifts the deployment for 2016/17 again - now, nearly everything seems to be set, and very close to releasing date.

Springaussie, are you talking about the on board account been charged in AUD?

Do you know what currency they use on board in Asia? Is it local or USD

Right now, all Royal ships use USD onboard.

The mid-May to early June bookings for Harmony have been adapted somewhat, indicating that at least a couple shorter sailing are being added during the first month that Harmony is based at Barcelona.

One cruise adds the port of Valencia, Spain as well.

It is also interesting that they still have booked them as 'Allure' even though it has been announced that it is actually Harmony based at Barcelona in 2016.

I have been on the Liberty shorter sailings at this same time of year and they are very popular with business incentive groups.

The mid-May to early June bookings for Harmony have been adapted somewhat, indicating that at least a couple shorter sailing are being added during the first month that Harmony is based at Barcelona.

It is also interesting that they still have booked them as 'Allure' even though it has been announced that it is actually Harmony based at Barcelona in 2016.

I have been on the Liberty shorter sailings at this same time of year and they are very popular with business incentive groups.

Really hope this is true about the short sailings. I won't be able to stretch to the full week sailings but I'm desperate to try the new ship and it could fall on school hols at the end of May.

Really hope this is true about the short sailings. I won't be able to stretch to the full week sailings but I'm desperate to try the new ship and it could fall on school hols at the end of May.

It is a little hard to know as they have some double bookings.

It appears to be one cruise ending on Wednesday the 1st of June and another embarking that day at Barcelona.

Otherwise the bookings look mainly to hold the Sunday to Sunday pattern, but even there a couple of them had port times changed indicating there may be a few port changes from the same weekly sailing every week.

I always prefer these shorter cruises in Europe as I have already been to every port many times and just like a nice break.

Edited by MADflyer

Where are you seeing the Harmony schedule?

Royal Caribbean has told the blog that the document that lists the Ovation as being deployed in China as a "an unfortunate mistake" and deployment had not been finalised.

So as I said yesterday I had doubts on if China was correct and must leave the way open to replace Explorer in Seattle.

Royal Caribbean has told the blog that the document that lists the Ovation as being deployed in China as a "an unfortunate mistake" and deployment had not been finalised.

So as I said yesterday I had doubts on if China was correct and must leave the way open to replace Explorer in Seattle.

If Ovation does go to Alaska, where do you think she would spend the northern Winter, given that she won't fit throught the Panama? My guess is a few laps of the Pacific taking in SE Asia, Australia/NZ & then Hawaii.

Your idea of Ovation actually being the ship to go to Seattle is starting to make more sense. See is much more suited for cold weather than Explorer. I like the idea of Explorer in Alaska because I like that class of ship, but it does seem like an odd choice.

Springaussie / Geoff,

just a thought for the mystery entry on Sydney ports on 17 / 18 March.

If Ovation of the Seas is scheduled for delivery in Spring of 2016, is it possible for it to be launched early spring and call at Sydney on these days on it position voyage to Alaska. I know it is a early trans pacific but I am sure RCCL will love to show the ship off and even have some west coast sailings prior to the Alaska season. Thoughts?

Things can always change I guess. Didn't they announce at one time a year or two ago in a press release that Anthem would do 6/8 nights from FLL and then renounce the statement?

Ovation definitely makes more sense for Alaska than Explorer. I love those Voyager and Freedom class ships for Caribbean sailings, but just like others have said, they just simply are not best suited for Alaska.

It will be interesting to see how it plays out!

Springaussie / Geoff,

If Ovation of the Seas is scheduled for delivery in Spring of 2016, is it possible for it to be launched early spring and call at Sydney on these days on it position voyage to Alaska. I know it is a early trans pacific but I am sure RCCL will love to show the ship off and even have some west coast sailings prior to the Alaska season. Thoughts?

Hi woodscruise,

I've seen April 2016 mooted as the delivery date, but there may be see trials after this. I really don't think there is sufficient time for a trip down under unless they can bring forward the delivery. Does anyone have a more up-to-date delivery date? I was thinking any visits to Australia would occur after the 2016 Alaska season, if it comes to fruition.

Springaussie / Geoff,

This would have Ovation leaving Europe January 2016. I think too early.

Cruise cal has Quantum as doing this during these dates. But still not bookable.

Quantum Of The Seas Depart: 05:00 PM 03/12/2016 Shanghai, China

Quantum Of The Seas 03/13/2016 At Sea

Quantum Of The Seas 08:00 AM - 05:00 PM 03/14/2016 Hiroshima, Japan

Quantum Of The Seas 03/15/2016 At Sea

Quantum Of The Seas 08:00 AM - 05:00 PM 03/16/2016 Tokyo (Yokohama), Japan

Quantum Of The Seas 03:00 PM - 11:59 PM 03/17/2016 Kobe, Japan

Quantum Of The Seas 03/18/2016 At Sea

Quantum Of The Seas 03/19/2016 At Sea

Quantum Of The Seas Arrive: 06:00 AM 03/20/2016 Shanghai, China

Quantum has always been my guess for these 2 bookings in Sydney but it could be Royals Chinese company. Looking at ship swaps schedules in Sydney nothing seems possible during these dates.

I wonder if it would make sense/be possible to have Explorer do the Alaskan itineraries for a matter of weeks until Ovation could arrive?

If that is the case, where will they send her afterwards? Coastal or MR is a possibility. Try the waters again with cruises out of S.P.

Edited by Topo Gigio

If that is the case, where will they send her afterwards? Coastal or MR is a possibility. Try the waters again with cruises out of S.P.

There is very little chance that explorer/ovation both treck across pacific. Even less chance of summer MR cruises.

I think the most likely scenario is ovation ends up in China. RCI did not say she wasn't going there... it just wasn't on their terms.

Edited by kkorman

Sydney Ports has been updated today and shows Explorer of the Seas arriving 15 October 2016. This would make the Seattle season just 3 months if Explorer continues via Singapore and doing the 3 Pacific Coast cruises on the way to Hawaii and Sydney.

There is very little chance that explorer/ovation both treck across pacific. Even less chance of summer MR cruises.

I think the most likely scenario is ovation ends up in China. RCI did not say she wasn't going there... it just wasn't on their terms.

Sydney Ports has been updated today and shows Explorer of the Seas arriving 15 October 2016. This would make the Seattle season just 3 months if Explorer continues via Singapore and doing the 3 Pacific Coast cruises on the way to Hawaii and Sydney.

This is beginning to get interesting. There was a news blurb I saw (yesterday?) that indicated what destinations were getting hot, and Mexico was listed as one of them. Supposedly overheard in the conference in Miami.

LA port calendar is still not updated. Hopefully we won't have to wait until the 26th to know for sure what's going on.

MSC have based their next class of ship year round at Miami from late 2017. The MSC Seaside will be MSC's first ship to be christened in the USA.She will have a dedicated berth at Miami.

http://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/12353-new-msc-ship-to-be-based-in-miami.html

Protecting market share in Florida while trying to maintain pricing in a competitive environment could become crucial for RCI and effect future deployment.

MSC have the second ship in the class due out in May of 2018 that could be based at New York. They are also rumored to be considering Chinese deployment in the future.

Hmmm, I still check to see what is happening with those 2 April ExOS cruises in Australia and to Singapore. Should be having an N/A soon??:confused:

We are booked B2B on them, so it is of interest here.