Deployment Schedule 2016-2017. Let the guessing begin

Cruzin-K

Not for us, I need a good connection next week :rolleyes:

Regarding Ensenada/Hawaii or Hawaii/Ensenada -- in the past, these itineraries have not sold well, resulting in price drops after final payment. We sailed on them many times, from 1999-2004 (Rhapsody, Vision, Legend, Radiance), because we are on the West Coast and love Hawaii, but getting to and from Ensenada from San Diego is not a good way to start or end the cruise.

Until the Jones Act / PVSA are repealed or amended ( creating a carve out for foreign flagged cruise ships) This remains the only viable option other than ending in Vancouver, which is not possible for Explorer. Victoria has logistical challenges (high cost of transport for passengers, availability of supplies, fuel etc) that would probably make a repo from Hawaii even less attractive. I firmly believe she will go via Ensenada and that RCCL knows from historical data exactly what strategies they need to follow to make the repo break-even at the least.

Check out the prices for suite on the Adventure of the Seas for the 10 night leaving 29 March 2017.

Are those prices for real or am I missing something!

Is there firm evidence that Emerald will cruise Alaska in 2017?

That would be great; another choice for the Pacific crossing and some more competition as well. Just wondering, because we are planning to cruise Alaska that year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

She is repositioning to Australia for winter 2016/17 and general consensus on the Princess boards is she will sail Alaska summer 2017. That obviously could change, but I think with Ocean and Pacific both gone by 2017, Coral and Island both most likely in Europe and with the third Royal class ship coming into service it certainly makes sense.

Check out the prices for suite on the Adventure of the Seas for the 10 night leaving 29 March 2017.

Are those prices for real or am I missing something!

Somebody is drinking special juice over in the pricing department for sure. I have done a b2b doing nine ports for less than the costs showing on this....hope it changes.

She is repositioning to Australia for winter 2016/17 and general consensus on the Princess boards is she will sail Alaska summer 2017. That obviously could change, but I think with Ocean and Pacific both gone by 2017, Coral and Island both most likely in Europe and with the third Royal class ship coming into service it certainly makes sense.

Being sold ? They're the two from old Renaissance aren't they?

Edited by pspercy

That does make sense, and another ship crossing the Pacific twice a year is very welcome, particularly a nice modern one like Emerald. [emoji4]

Some more speculation on Ovation... The last of the entries in the Sydney OPT schedule with the unusually late departure time (23:59) is Jan 23, 2017.

There is an entry for Voyager of the Seas in *both* the Darwin and Sydney port schedules on Jan 31. I think the. Darwin one is actually for Ovation. Eight days from Sydney to Darwin is about right, allowing for 2 stops (Brisbane and one more).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They now have a 10 night Southern Caribbean cruise on the Adventure open for booking for March 29, 2017. However, there are still no cruises for Jan, Feb, or early March, 2017.

Where does it sail to?

Somebody is drinking special juice over in the pricing department for sure. I have done a b2b doing nine ports for less than the costs showing on this....hope it changes.

I looked at that as well, mainly to get an idea what they will be offering on the Adventure for Jan/Feb. I was shocked. We want to go away for 4 weeks so I am going to book the cruises when the itineraries come out. If they don't come down to a reasonable rate, I will just cancel and do something different. I am definitely NOT paying those prices.

Until the Jones Act / PVSA are repealed or amended ( creating a carve out for foreign flagged cruise ships) This remains the only viable option other than ending in Vancouver, which is not possible for Explorer. Victoria has logistical challenges (high cost of transport for passengers, availability of supplies, fuel etc) that would probably make a repo from Hawaii even less attractive. I firmly believe she will go via Ensenada and that RCCL knows from historical data exactly what strategies they need to follow to make the repo break-even at the least.

Living on and cruising from the West Coast makes me familiar with the "Jones Act," as we get a lot of point-to-point (vs. RT) itineraries, with their own special rules. So, I am aware of the intricacies of building itineraries that will satisfy the law, as well as matching the ships to the capabilites and infrastructures in the ports. :)

RCI does not always seem to know, either from historical data or any other resource, how to price their sailings. One claim they make about why they do not have a ship on the West Coast is because they can't make a profit here. It's speculation at this point.

RCI does not always seem to know, either from historical data or any other resource, how to price their sailings. One claim they make about why they do not have a ship on the West Coast is because they can't make a profit here. It's speculation at this point.

I find it ridiculous when a 'customer' accuses a company that has been in their business for years (and has been very profitable at it) of 'not knowing how to price their sailings'.

From your signature, I can see you are in the Pinnacle Club, but that doesn't give you access to their board room or any other area of the company that would be involved in determining 'what they need to be able to make a profit (or the kind of profit they want) from sailing a ship from the West Coast.

I looked at that as well, mainly to get an idea what they will be offering on the Adventure for Jan/Feb. I was shocked. We want to go away for 4 weeks so I am going to book the cruises when the itineraries come out. If they don't come down to a reasonable rate, I will just cancel and do something different. I am definitely NOT paying those prices.

With the prices we're seeing, RCCL cruisers are going to be giving lots more business to the price drop websites ;)

Edited by MindyJohn

Tried searching this thread, but no luck.

When will they post the 2017 transatlantic as I'd love to surprise my hubby with one?;)

If you mean transatlantics for the summer/fall of 2017, those won't be out for a year.

Living on and cruising from the West Coast makes me familiar with the "Jones Act," as we get a lot of point-to-point (vs. RT) itineraries, with their own special rules. So, I am aware of the intricacies of building itineraries that will satisfy the law, as well as matching the ships to the capabilites and infrastructures in the ports. :)

Yes, I believe you do know your stuff!".

(Sanity prevailed)

Lol! You are a better person than I. Holding my tongue (or fingers from the keyboard) is not my strong suit!

Amen to that. :rolleyes: :D

Lol.....I thought you had a chair in the boardroom with your name on it. I am so disappointed to learn differently,:D:D

Yes, by now they should have a reserved spot!:D