Chops Price Increase to $39

cjhbeh

But at least they are complaining/ranting about something with value - $4 in this case. You are complaining/ranting about something with no value - everyone else's complaint/rant. So they are tied in knots over $4 and you are quite literately tied in knots over nothing.

But please, don't stop. You are a very good source of cheap entertainment.

Haha, good points indeed! :D

On a more serious not to the topic at hand, I think the strategy here is not unlike the BOGO WILD promotion. They are trying to incent people to make multiple specialty dining reservations by offering 20, 25 or 30% discounts, depending on the number of reservations you book. But, at the same time, they're tweaking prices up, so they still make money on the deal.

But, if you like the specialty restaurants, it works out okay. If you just want to give it a try just one night, you end up paying the full price, though.

Thank you. Best post in a while here.

On our last 2 cruises, we found that they really heavily promoted the "30% discount" when you book 3 speciality restaurants on board. We must have been approached 4-5 time in the first 2 days on those cruises for that promotion.

Totally agree with your point that IF one is planning to book 2+ specialty reservations anyway...it's a pretty good deal.

It's called inflation. Has the price of your cruise not gone up over the years?

If they aren't providing additional service or improved quality of food, etc., and some people claim $4 is so trivial, why is the cruise line asking for the increase at all then? If $4 is so meaningless to the consumer shouldn't it be meaningless to the tax avoiding, record profit making corporation?

Things that make you go "Hmmm..."

that makes it sound as if it puts the price out of people's price range, but that's not why people are rethinking a visit to chops. It's because it's creeping up into the "not being worth the cost" category. For some people it's very important to get value for their money and when something no longer feels like a value and you feel like you're overpaying you should stop purchasing said thing. It doesn't mean they should reconsider cruising.

I really hate the implication that if you're not ready to throw buckets of money at frivolous things that aren't worth it that you shouldn't be on a cruise.

10-4

It's called inflation. Has the price of your cruise not gone up over the years?

From everything I have gathered here in the last 6 years, the general consensus is that cruise prices have in fact, gone DOWN "over the years".

Tipping extra is your choice. The price of Chops includes the tip.

A 15% tip is added to any drink you order. If you want, you can tip on top of that. However, the amount you are charged includes a tip, whether you decide to tip extra or not. It is the same with Chops.

It's 18% now, at least it was on Serenade last week. But the good news is that Chops was $30, $15 with our BOGO coupon. Although the cut of meat was meh, the appetizers, sides, service and ambiance were well worth the cost. And the Mississippi Mud Pie, which is really a mousse pie, was delish. It just wasn't Mississippi Mud Pie, so IMO they should change the name.

We normally dine in the specialty restaurants 3-4 times during a 7-night cruise, more if it's a longer one. If a ship is offering a package deal, then we would consider doing that if it made sense along with the coupons. Whether Chops would be part of the rotation, I don't know.

We normally dine in the specialty restaurants 3-4 times during a 7-night cruise, more if it's a longer one.

Is that because they don't allow Jeans in the MDR?

Sorry, I could not resist. :) I'm not allowed to joke on the other thread. :(

Is it 18% now? My last cruise I got three free drinks per evening. I only took two (which tells you I don't drink that much) and added a $1.00 tip to the receipt when they gave me one (no receipt, no extra tip).

Has your daughter graduated high school already? The last thing I remember is you saying that she just graduated into middle school. I don't think that was seven years ago.

I will certainly agree that gas prices have moved back up, however, OIL??? This morning quoted at $52.40 a barrel. Is that what you consider up?

Not looking at the barrel pricing actually - looking at the price of home delivery for oil to heat your home - probably differs in different parts of the country like everything else but around here its not going down. That's another topic for discussion however and probably doesn't belong on the cruise boards:)

It's 18% now, at least it was on Serenade last week. But the good news is that Chops was $30, $15 with our BOGO coupon. Although the cut of meat was meh, the appetizers, sides, service and ambiance were well worth the cost. And the Mississippi Mud Pie, which is really a mousse pie, was delish. It just wasn't Mississippi Mud Pie, so IMO they should change the name.

We normally dine in the specialty restaurants 3-4 times during a 7-night cruise, more if it's a longer one. If a ship is offering a package deal, then we would consider doing that if it made sense along with the coupons. Whether Chops would be part of the rotation, I don't know.

Just curious, do you do MTD as your scheduled dinner

If they aren't providing additional service or improved quality of food, etc., and some people claim $4 is so trivial, why is the cruise line asking for the increase at all then? If $4 is so meaningless to the consumer shouldn't it be meaningless to the tax avoiding, record profit making corporation?

Things that make you go "Hmmm..."

DITTO DITTO!!!:):):)

But watch out if you take notice of the "boiling of the frog here by RCI"

The cheerleaders will brand you trivial or suggest you should cruise elsewhere !LOL

Just had my first dinner at Giovanni's and I ordered the filet and it was amazing, way better and full of flavour compared to Chops as of late. We are going to Chops tonight, and I am thinkng that for $10 more I will be disappointed. After eating at Chops every cruise, if not twice a cruise this might be the last time.

We are becoming D+, so we still might go back with the BOGO perk.;)

Edited by A&L_Ont

So the price on Navigator is 35.00 going out in June.

that's what I see also and they is some kind of discount if you make reservations at 3 or more specialty restaurants, we are on at end of April and will book restaurants soon, not sure if I will do chops but really like the others