CAPE LIBERTY 411 (and NYC too) Version 4!!

megr1125

Hi there,

I'll be sailing from Cape Liberty for the first time on October 6th/Anthem. My plan is to fly in the day of to Newark, direct flight from Tampa arriving @ 9:41 AM and reserving a car service to take us (2 people) directly to the port. I read that RCCL cancelled it's bus contract.

There is no more RCCL provided transportation from EWR to Cape Liberty? I thought since flying in the day of it may be safer to use their transport.

Thanks for any comments/suggestions!

RCCL is still offering transfers from EWR. The bus service that was cancelled was the bus service from Boston and other New England cities and the bus service from the Washington, and other southern cities.

RCCL is still offering transfers from EWR. The bus service that was cancelled was the bus service from Boston and other New England cities and the bus service from the Washington, and other southern cities.

Perfect, thanks! I think I'll go with the RCCL transport.

Suggestions needed for a hotel (with airport shuttle), 1 nt pre cruise near EWR please. Date May 27, 2016. We're arriving at 11:45 pm, 2 adults and 1 child. Thank you.

Kimberly

Hotel budget? Late night food requirements? Breakfast? How are you getting to the port? Cape Liberty?

Hotel budget? Late night food requirements? Breakfast? How are you getting to the port? Cape Liberty?

No late night food requirements. Breakfast would be nice, but not a requirement. Carmel or Dial7 to get to Cape Liberty. Budget, under $150.

Kimberly

No late night food requirements. Breakfast would be nice, but not a requirement. Carmel or Dial7 to get to Cape Liberty. Budget, under $150.

Kimberly

Last Minute Travel - Ramada Plaza $94 + tax - cancellable up to 3 days ahead - breakfast

Last Minute Travel - Ramada Plaza $94 + tax - cancellable up to 3 days ahead - breakfast

Have tried to read through a lot of your recommendations. We're cruising out of Cape Liberty on Celebrity Summit on 9/19/2016. We'll fly into EWR on 9/17 and have been looking for a decent hotel to spend the night, with airport shuttle service. Naturally TripAdvisor has excellent reports and terrible reports on each hotel we've looked into.. Did take your previous post recommendation for the Ramada Plaza, but its web site says they have no rooms available on 9/17. So what do you know about Hampton Inn - EWR verses Country Inn and Suites by Carlson or any other suggestions? We were planning on going back to the airport, via hotel shuttle, on the morning of the 18th and take Celebrity shuttle to Cape Liberty Port, about $28.50 pp. Haven't checked Dial7 or any other service for price comparison. Thanks for any helpful information. :)

David

Have tried to read through a lot of your recommendations. We're cruising out of Cape Liberty on Celebrity Summit on 9/19/2016. We'll fly into EWR on 9/17 and have been looking for a decent hotel to spend the night, with airport shuttle service. Naturally TripAdvisor has excellent reports and terrible reports on each hotel we've looked into.. Did take your previous post recommendation for the Ramada Plaza, but its web site says they have no rooms available on 9/17. So what do you know about Hampton Inn - EWR verses Country Inn and Suites by Carlson or any other suggestions? We were planning on going back to the airport, via hotel shuttle, on the morning of the 18th and take Celebrity shuttle to Cape Liberty Port, about $28.50 pp. Haven't checked Dial7 or any other service for price comparison. Thanks for any helpful information. :)

David

Newark Airport is not a vacation destination. The airport Hotels get a wide range of reviews. At this time of year particularly many reviews are from folks who end up in one hotel or another because their travel plans go awry.

What is your hotel budget? How many people and bed configuration? Will you arrive early enough to be dining?

Does Independent Driver have a website or email? I wanted a quote for a trip from Country Inn & Suites in NJ to Bayonne for an April cruise. Since I'm from Canada and if I don't get a hold of someone they may not want to call long-distance so if anyone knows of an email address that would be great. Thanks.

Newark Airport is not a vacation destination. The airport Hotels get a wide range of reviews. At this time of year particularly many reviews are from folks who end up in one hotel or another because their travel plans go awry.

What is your hotel budget? How many people and bed configuration? Will you arrive early enough to be dining?

Budget: $100 - $150+. Arrival time: 11:15 A.M. Two of us, 1 King size bed.

Does Independent Driver have a website or email? I wanted a quote for a trip from Country Inn & Suites in NJ to Bayonne for an April cruise. Since I'm from Canada and if I don't get a hold of someone they may not want to call long-distance so if anyone knows of an email address that would be great. Thanks.

They are a low frills operation - no email or web site that I'm aware of.

Budget: $100 - $150+. Arrival time: 11:15 A.M. Two of us, 1 King size bed.

That's a very low budget. Your best deal is actually a park/sleep cruise (yes I know you don't need the park) through trinity reservations at the Ramada Plaza for $202 tax included that includes round trip port transportation (value at least $114).

If you don't need two way transportation, Last Minute Travel offers this hotel for $94+ tax for your date.

What time is your return flight? The shuttle would take you back to the hotel and you would have to take the hotel shuttle to the terminals.

We shared an Independent Driver shuttle with friends in Nov. 2014 from the EWR Hampton Inn. It was $55 each way, plus tip.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for posting back. We recommend Independent Driver a lot. Occasionally someone says they have used them successfully and no one has complained.

Looking for assistance, please.

We are cruising on Celebrity Summit this Oct out of and return to Cape Liberty. We are flying into JFK and spending a few days in NYC pre-cruise. Have transportation in place to the port.

My issue has to do with our return flight. We want nonstop return home to the west coast. And our preferred airline flies out of JFK; of course, it is less expensive, too, to buy round trip airline tickets.

How difficult would it be to get back to JFK on a Sunday morning for an early afternoon flight? Cost? Time? Obviously, we want a reliable method of transportation, too.

Has anyone done this? Suggestions? Ideas? Or should we forget the entire idea and fly out of Newark? HELP!! :eek:

Thanks in advance.

Looking for assistance, please.

We are cruising on Celebrity Summit this Oct out of and return to Cape Liberty. We are flying into JFK and spending a few days in NYC pre-cruise. Have transportation in place to the port.

My issue has to do with our return flight. We want nonstop return home to the west coast. And our preferred airline flies out of JFK; of course, it is less expensive, too, to buy round trip airline tickets.

How difficult would it be to get back to JFK on a Sunday morning for an early afternoon flight? Cost? Time? Obviously, we want a reliable method of transportation, too.

Has anyone done this? Suggestions? Ideas? Or should we forget the entire idea and fly out of Newark? HELP!! :eek:

Thanks in advance.

Book a car service such as Dial 7 or Carmel Limo. Fare, tolls and tip will probably be about $125.

Sunday mornings normally have the lightest traffic. You should be able to make a flight that leaves JFK after 1 pm.

Thanks for posting back. We recommend Independent Driver a lot. Occasionally someone says they have used them successfully and no one has complained.

I know this has been posted before and I went through a lot of the pages but couldn't find their information. Could you re post it please?

Is this not a site for parking at Cape Liberty? I seeing everything but parking information.

Please tell about the parking garage.

This is a general thread on every question about cruising out of Cape Liberty, Bayonne, not just the parking. But to answer your question, the garage is right next to the terminal and costs $20 a day.