Dining Packages not available on Reflection cruise

hammo

We have a 5 dinner specialty restaurant package for our March cruise on Solstice again and have been trying to book the same for our September cruise on Reflection. However , this is the response from Celebrity Admin yesterday -

""Thank you for your email,

Please be advised we have confirmed and this specialty package is not

available for this cruise, We would kindly suggest you to contact the

Travel Agency where this booking was created through for further

assistance.""

I can make reservations in all the restaurants separately , but no package . Is this normal for Reflection or perhaps the restaurants are already well reserved in advance? Has anyone else tried and failed to book the dining packages on Reflection in September?:confused:

I tried to book a package back in early January for a Transatlantic cruise in October and was told by Celebrity over the phone that ALL the packages were sold out! Needless to say I was upset. This was when there was some type of nonadvertised promotion going on that if you booked a drink package or dinner reservations or excursion that they would put 10 percent OBC toward your account. I find it hard to believe all the packages were sold out 10 months before the cruise. Oh well.....

I booked the 4 Restaurant package a couple months ago for our March 14th cruise. When you book the 5 package you have to go to Tuscan twice from what I have heard. So we booked the 4 package for the 2nd night of the cruise and will do a discounted restaurant trip on the first night or MDR. Just an idea if there are still packages for the 4 specialty restaurants available :D

The website still lists them, but when you log in you cannot purchase them.

I was thinking it was just a website issue.

Perhaps the Celebrity Cruise rep who read the boards could find out for us????

I also be interested in the status of the Ultimate Dining Package.

Ditto .

We're on the Reflection next week and when I checked initially several weeks ago, there was no dining package available. There also were no individual reservations available except very late in the evening. Several days ago, I received an email offering a dining package; when I checked, sure enough, a four night package was showing. Maybe someone canceled. In any event we didn't grab it, as dining times would be too iffy for us.

We're on the Reflection next week and when I checked initially several weeks ago, there was no dining package available. There also were no individual reservations available except very late in the evening. Several days ago, I received an email offering a dining package; when I checked, sure enough, a four night package was showing. Maybe someone canceled. In any event we didn't grab it, as dining times would be too iffy for us.

The reason they are limited is because they actually reserve some tables in the restaurants for people with those packages to dine at popular times. We did something similar on RC last year and I had the same concern. They assured me that they actually block out some reservations for those with the packages to dine. On RC we ate at 7 or 7:30 every night. In general they seemed flexible for those with the packages. Hope it's the same with X.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There has been some talk on the boards about limited access to specialty restaurants due to construction on the new suite restaurant. The construction will limit # of seats in the MDR and Select dining, which means more passengers are expected to be in specialty dining during the construction period.

The reason they are limited is because they actually reserve some tables in the restaurants for people with those packages to dine at popular times. We did something similar on RC last year and I had the same concern. They assured me that they actually block out some reservations for those with the packages to dine. On RC we ate at 7 or 7:30 every night. In general they seemed flexible for those with the packages. Hope it's the same with X.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We have just booked the 5 dinner package on Eclipse in November, for the first dinner we only had the option of 6pm, 6-30pm, 8pm, or 8-30pm. Not sure if that's just the equivalent of two sittings so offering nothing in between given its 10 months in advance.

In this situation, since you are in the United States, you can easily make a toll free call directly to the Celebrity Cruise Enhancements desk (which among other things books specialty dining), and find out whatever you need for yourself, and take care of purchasing specialty dining if you want. Someone has already posted that number above, here it is again:

800-722-5941

There has been some talk on the boards about limited access to specialty restaurants due to construction on the new suite restaurant. The construction will limit # of seats in the MDR and Select dining, which means more passengers are expected to be in specialty dining during the construction period.

True, but people on this thread are talking about non-availability on cruises that will not take place until long after that construction is done (in April).

True, but people on this thread are talking about non-availability on cruises that will not take place until long after that construction is done (in April).

Yes that is the confusing thing for us . We are a family of 6 and have always booked the dinner packages - we would like 5 nights out of 10 where we can just be together in a quiet atmosphere , nice food and wine and we like to plan ahead. Strange that we can book for March but not September .:(

I have checked the 3 nights package which is 89 $, do you know how much the restaurants are each (Murano, Tuscan, Silk Harvest - Equinox). They say is is 32 % less with a package.

Thanks a lot!

Hi,

Are you saying you can book the dining packages on your reflection cruise online?:confused:

Tried booking Murano restaurant for a couple of nights on our May cruise, could only book one, the computer system would not allow me to book any other, only modify or cancel the existing.

I telephoned Celebrity and was able to place any number of reservations I liked, obviously the website has a glitch again............................!

I have checked the 3 nights package which is 89 $, do you know how much the restaurants are each (Murano, Tuscan, Silk Harvest - Equinox). They say is is 32 % less with a package.

Thanks a lot!

Murano is $50, Tuscan $40 and Silk $30 - the package price of $89 is about 32% cheaper. Online each of the restaurants are $5/pp cheaper individually.

• 2 weeks later...

The 3, 4, and 5 dinner Specialty Dining Packages are always the first thing that sells out if purchasing pre-cruise. Typically the packages are loaded, at the latest, 6 months prior to sailing. I have seen them loaded up to a year before sailing, and sell out in a matter of days. Keep in mind you can also inquire once on board for more availability.

I tried to book a package back in early January for a Transatlantic cruise in October and was told by Celebrity over the phone that ALL the packages were sold out! Needless to say I was upset. This was when there was some type of nonadvertised promotion going on that if you booked a drink package or dinner reservations or excursion that they would put 10 percent OBC toward your account. I find it hard to believe all the packages were sold out 10 months before the cruise. Oh well.....

I can believe that the packages have been sold out for a TRANSATLANTIC cruise far in advance.

With all those days at sea it is the highlight of the day!:)