FDR Video on sailing to Cuba

Travelcat2

Thanks, Travelcat2.

I took the new audio art tour of Riviera's primarily FDR-selected art objects when I sailed on Riviera last month. The audio included FDR commentary about his support of Cuban art and artists, as well as his dream of sailing into Havana harbor. The tour was a fascinating look into the personal aesthetic of this amazing man.

Thanks for the link, interesting video. Never thought about the need for much more infrastructure in Florida and the new jobs created to handle the new trade and tourist traffic. Since the Cuban community in Florida is stopping opening up the boarder all the way I wonder why Cuban business people like Frank can not show them the plus points for both countries? I spent a year there while in the USN, would love to go back.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Forums mobile app

Edited by hypercafe

Thanks to "John G" from the Regent board for this interesting video:

http://miami.cbslocal.com/video/11107159-new-cruise-ceo-awaits-dream-cruise-to-cuba/

WOW...FDR looks so different from the last time we talked to him on Marina...he has lost a lot of weight and grown the beard! Looking good Frank!! ;)

Can't wait for the chance to go to Cuba...my grandparents used to go there in the 50's!! LuAnn

I posted the link earlier, on the Cayo Levantado thread. By the time that a bunch of cruise ships are sailing into Cuba, it probably won't be anything like it is today, which makes me want to hurry up and take a cultural trip of some kind there. I used to go to Key West a lot back in the 1980's when only about one cruise ship a week stopped there, and believe me, it is a lot different now that they stop there all the time. Much of its authenticity and quaintness is gone IMO.

Edited by digtexas

When I was stationed at the naval base it was right after the missile deal and the gates were closed to us, we could not go into Cuba however a large workforce of Cubans came on the base each day. This was allowed by Castro because, they told me, he took 90% of their pay in US $. They were great people who I worked with side by side and I would love to go back and see again. I hope things open up. I hope Frank can convince his fellow Cuban American business people this is the best thing.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Forums mobile app

If you want to cruise Cuba go to mycubacruise.com. A Canadian company has hired a ship to circumnavigate the island for four months each year. We did it in 2014. You can board in Jamaica!

But, around two years ago I already booked the suite next to FDR's on his first Cuba cruise. Hope he hasn't forgotten now he's been promoted.