So what do we think about O's new website?

kekilia

What was wrong with the previous web site. I liked it. I found it easy to navigate and the layout was beautiful and welcoming.

After 14 cruises, I now appear to not be a previous cruiser and have no membership number. I know this is incorrect, but, honestly...... Again, the old website worked well for me. I was familiar with it and it was easy to search for new cruises. Oceania may need to rethink this.

What was wrong with the previous web site. I liked it. I found it easy to navigate and the layout was beautiful and welcoming.

After 14 cruises, I now appear to not be a previous cruiser and have no membership number. I know this is incorrect, but, honestly...... Again, the old website worked well for me. I was familiar with it and it was easy to search for new cruises. Oceania may need to rethink this.

Under your profile enter your birthdate info & all will be revealed

;)

See post #11

Edited by LHT28

It's nice to see that Mike Moore, representing the devlopment team, is prepared to put his head above the parapet and take the incoming!

I haven't read every page of this thread - life's too short - but, although the new look is tidier than the old, there really are too many coding errors that should have been eliminated before going live.

The coders seem to have been unaware that there is life beyond the continental shelf of the USA, because the site will not allow, for example, my wife to edit her profile. It keeps telling me that I must enter a state although I have already done so. My state is New South Wales - entering NSW (the usual acronym) is rejected, so I cannot edit anything in the page.

Looking at MY profile, created on the old site, I can see the state is down as "NS". Going back to her profile, and entering "NS" just gives the rejection message again!

We have several bookings which ARE listed on our page - but it is impossible to list the one we made last Monday! Just a message that we should contact Oceania.....

Just as with the problem of two dots in an email address being rejected (my own has two) it appears that the site is geared only to American formats of states, addresses, phone numbering etc.

Formatting problems due to various browsers are endemic on sites, but these data entry issues really should not get past the code validation point: it's not a good look for Oceania.

Windows Seven, Firefox browser.

"The coders seem to have been unaware that there is life beyond the continental shelf of the USA, because the site will not allow, for example, my wife to edit her profile. It keeps telling me that I must enter a state although I have already done so. My state is New South Wales - entering NSW (the usual acronym) is rejected, so I cannot edit anything in the page."

The same is true for UK addresses. Entries for County are rejected with a demand for a state code.

Good morning all - we are looking into the address validation issue for some international countries and will advise as soon as that is rectified. Thank you for your patience!

Wol - you are no longer having the issue with the multiple dots in your email address, correct? For the booking that you just made that you are having an issue with - has a deposit been placed on that booking yet? If not, that is why you cannot add it to the website.

Mike,

Not sure if this issue has been mentioned...

under the guest registration form for our upcoming cruise, ours had already been completed for some time, but I decided to check everything.....both our birthdate months had changed once the new web site was revised, as well as the months of our passport issue and expiration. The months were one month off from what they should be.

Checked our birth dates in our profiles and those were correct.

Mike,

Not sure if this issue has been mentioned...

under the guest registration form for our upcoming cruise, ours had already been completed for some time, but I decided to check everything.....both our birthdate months had changed once the new web site was revised, as well as the months of our passport issue and expiration. The months were one month off from what they should be.

Checked our birth dates in our profiles and those were correct.

After seeing this post, I checked our guest registration form, and we had the same issue: our birthdate months and passport months were one month off. I've changed them; let's hope the changes stick.

After seeing this post, I checked our guest registration form, and we had the same issue: our birthdate months and passport months were one month off. I've changed them; let's hope the changes stick.

Glad you mentioned it. I had the same issue for the cruise I am leaving for next week.

Edited by MVPinBoynton

Good morning all - we are looking into the address validation issue for some international countries and will advise as soon as that is rectified. Thank you for your patience!

Wol - you are no longer having the issue with the multiple dots in your email address, correct? For the booking that you just made that you are having an issue with - has a deposit been placed on that booking yet? If not, that is why you cannot add it to the website.

Mike - the booking was made on Monday for back to backs starting Ausgust, the deposit was paid at the time and the full payment made and confirmed paid this morning (Thursday). The agency settles all cruise companies at the end of the month so full payment should appear in Oceania's records by next week.

WRT the double dots (my email address is xxxx @ yyy. zzz. net) - yes, it was accepted in the old website, and appears in the new.

In MY profile the state NSW appears as "NS" (presumably because the US oriented site - the "old" site, remember, that I put my entries into years ago, needs a double character state) and I have not attempted to change it on the new site. It could be the reason why we sometimes do not get our information folder? (Posted to a non-existent US state?)

My problem has been with trying to set up a profile for my wife, who has a gmail account so the double dot problem doesn't arise - just the impossiblity of generating a profile because of the "State" issue.

Regards

Edited by Wol

Mike: Further to my last post, and seeing the comments about incorrect dates (above), I tried to check our own guest registration data.

We have cruises booked in March and again in May (both portions of the now-truncated RTW cruise) - both appear intermittently in the site. I say intermittently because sometimes one will not show when you "return" to the page from another.

The cruise we have booked and paid for is in August, and that does NOT appear at all.

The dates I can access seem to be correct - I suggest that somewhere in the coding dates are stored in the US format, ie. 6/8/2015 for June 8th, whereas in most other countries this would be 6th August, and this might be the problem some others have with their incorrect dates?

The dates I can access seem to be correct - I suggest that somewhere in the coding dates are stored in the US format, ie. 6/8/2015 for June 8th, whereas in most other countries this would be 6th August, and this might be the problem some others have with their incorrect dates?

I am the OP Re incorrect dates.....what you mention above is not the issue I noted. My birthdate month is Feb, it was listed as Jan. Passport issue month was June, it was listed as May.....etc. This is not how I entered in the guest registration form months ago.

I am the OP Re incorrect dates.....what you mention above is not the issue I noted. My birthdate month is Feb, it was listed as Jan. Passport issue month was June, it was listed as May.....etc. This is not how I entered in the guest registration form months ago.

Thanks for posting this because I just discovered upon checking that I had the same problem.

Further to that, on the old system my husband's information was listed ... but now it is not. I don't think that I should need to sign in as HIM to get the information coordinated. Right now I have no option to enter the information for the second passenger.

But I can be patient ...

Mura

For those of you with incorrect dates, the fix for that went in earlier this week so if you update it to be correct now it will "stick". We are also running a report to see all those impacted bookings and fixing them on our end, but if you'd like to fix it yourself for peace of mind, the issue is now resolved.

Wol - the state issue is now settled with an update that was implemented last night. If you go to the Booked Cruises area within My Account, you should be able to add your August sailing by entering your ship, sailing date, last name and invoice number.

Mura - the website can only tie one guest to one email address, but the old website was the same way. After you go into the Guest Registration Form within a booking however, both guests are listed, so you can toggle between the two. If you need any assistance, feel free to send me an email.

Wol - the state issue is now settled with an update that was implemented last night. If you go to the Booked Cruises area within My Account, you should be able to add your August sailing by entering your ship, sailing date, last name and invoice number.

Mike: Thanks for the update. I logged in for my wife just now and, sure enough, the Australian state is able to be put in, so her profile is now OK.

Unfortunately, I cannot put in our August and September sailings! Every time I get:

>>Please contact our Reservations Department for assistance with your booking. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for sailing with Oceania Cruises.<<

.... and that's it.

Mike:

Unfortunately, I cannot put in our August and September sailings! Every time I get:

>>Please contact our Reservations Department for assistance with your booking. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for sailing with Oceania Cruises.<<

.... and that's it.

(Later) I have contacted the agency and they say that they will only send the deposit (and in this case the balance) to Oceania at the end of the month, so it may be that the facility isn't in the website until you receive the deposit, not when it's paid.

Hi Mike. Just an observation: the new maps don't look as nice as the older maps. The new ones almost look like someone was drawing by hand....like something you'd see in elementary school. The old maps look much more sophisticated. Any chance in going back to the old format? Just a suggestion. Thanks as always.

New 2016 Maps:

NAU160921.png

Old Maps:

NAU160520.jpg

I've just tried to contact Oceania using the contact us form. It won't let me because I have a UK phone number. I tried to contact the UK office and it still won't let me. My phone number isn't recognised in either UK or international format.

Surely this is an easy fix? It's been mentioned before regarding Swiss numbers so I didn't anticipate a problem.

Help!

I've just tried to contact Oceania using the contact us form. It won't let me because I have a UK phone number. I tried to contact the UK office and it still won't let me. My phone number isn't recognised in either UK or international format.

Surely this is an easy fix? It's been mentioned before regarding Swiss numbers so I didn't anticipate a problem.

Help!

Mike may not feel comfortable in telling you this, but my understanding is that if you live in the UK, the office there is supposed to service your needs.

Mike may not feel comfortable in telling you this, but my understanding is that if you live in the UK, the office there is supposed to service your needs.

So why can't I contact them via the website either?

I've used both the UK and the US office in the past depending on the question I wanted answered.

While yes, you need to contact the UK office, you should be able to enter a valid UK phone number. I'll have a look into that.

The new maps are here to stay, but we do have on the road map to add larger maps when clicking on the smaller version.

So why can't I contact them via the website either?

I've used both the UK and the US office in the past depending on the question I wanted answered.

If you've been serviced by the Miami office in the past, it was purely as a courtesy, so that you would feel valued as a customer and would not have to make a second telephone call about something that you might have already been discussing with a Representative...

This should be seen as distinctly different from altering the United States Website in order to specifically accommodate European clients.

Aside from a division of labor issue, which you as a client need not be privy to, the Company which handles Oceania's business in the United Kingdom has several financial stakes in your not bypassing their services.

I grant you that this is a complex issue, but the World is simply not as small, and is almost always a good deal more complicated, than the Internet sometimes leads us to believe.

Edited by StanandJim

The date issue (both date of birth as well as passport issue/expire) should all be resolved now. We're monitoring logs after our last update, and don't see the problem occurring any longer. So if you could double check your dates and update them if incorrect, they should "stick" this time. If they don't, please let me know! Apologies for the inconvenience - you all have been more that patient with us so thank you very much!

If you've been serviced by the Miami office in the past, it was purely as a courtesy, so that you would feel valued as a customer and would not have to make a second telephone call about something that you might have already been discussing with a Representative...

This should be seen as distinctly different from altering the United States Website in order to specifically accommodate European clients.

Aside from a division of labor issue, which you as a client need not be privy to, the Company which handles Oceania's business in the United Kingdom has several financial stakes in your not bypassing their services.

I grant you that this is a complex issue, but the World is simply not as small, and is almost always a good deal more complicated, than the Internet sometimes leads us to believe.

I will try and explain my UK situation for you as simply as I can. When I search for Oceania cruises up pops a .com address. If I'm lucky it has prices in Sterling, though this hasn't always been the case. Today it was in Sterling, which led me to believe I was on the UK site.

When I click on the 'contact us' button I expect it to work, like it has in the past. I didn't chose to contact the US office, but that's what I was offered. However, having composed my question and clicked 'go' I received a message saying I needed to have a valid telephone number. This is an issue that has been mentioned before.

A concierge page did appear and I used that to select the UK as my location. The 'contact us' button then showed the UK office. I started all over again and you know, if you've read my posts properly, what happened.

I just want a button that works. I don't really care which office answers my questions and I am not deliberately bypassing the services of the UK office!! When I said it depended on the question I was asking I should have made it clear that at different time I've asked different questions and been directed to different people. Sometimes people in the US have chosen to respond to me.

I have never telephoned anyone at Oceania - which is just as well since I don't appear to have a valid number - so I've never needed to make a second telephone call.

BIB You sure know how to make the rest of the world feel wanted.

Edited by SellaVee