LIVE from the Freedom of the Seas * Feb 15, 2015 * Western Caribbean!

ckrobyn

Heads up. I bought the unlimited wifi for 2 devices, I thought I could only use the SAME 2 devices, but that's not the case, I can use any 2 devices simultaneously! So here I am on my iPhone! Wifi signal not great in the windjammer, but I will try and upload a few pics from another area [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good morning from the beautiful Freedom of the Seas! I opened the curtains to another day of brilliant sunshine. For those who pay a lot of attention to Caribbean ports weather reports, don't. There may be rain at times, but usually a passing shower.

Today's plan is pretty simple. We are going to wander around the port area, maybe do a little bit of shopping, and then enjoy a relaxing afternoon at the pool. One of the advantages to frequent cruising is that we have been to all of the ports multiple times and don't feel compelled to see and do something every time we dock :rolleyes:

It's time to head up to the Windjammer for breakfast. Funny how I am not typically a breakfast person at home, but I never miss it on a ship!

I will try and post many more pictures today (I have taken a lot from around the ship, including of the new cabin areas).

Glad you are all following along, much more to come!

Good morning, Robyn!

Sounds like a perfect day in Jamaica to me, and exactly what I'll be doing 3 weeks from today. (Although we'll be in Ocho Rios, so slightly different view. :) ) Nice to think about being someplace warm when it's windy and 5 degrees outside, and that's our high for today. :eek:

Thanks again for taking the time to do this live review. I'm really enjoying it.

Just thought of a question. Do you happen to know what the hours are for the breakfast served in the specialty restaurant for suite guests?

Have a great day!

I'm really enjoying your report and the pictures! Great job! Keep Freedom in a good shape, we will cruise with her right after you.

I was on the Freedom in Dec. and it was reported that Viking Crown Lounge/Olive or Twist is going to be a disco after dry dock. So, is it still same as it used to be or is it disco now. (Personally I hope it's not a disco :o).

I'm really enjoying your report and the pictures! Great job! Keep Freedom in a good shape, we will cruise with her right after you.

I was on the Freedom in Dec. and it was reported that Viking Crown Lounge/Olive or Twist is going to be a disco after dry dock. So, is it still same as it used to be or is it disco now. (Personally I hope it's not a disco :o).

Olive or Twist is the area where dancing happens at night. The remainder of the VCL is still the same.

I met with Drew Thomas before he disembarked today in Jamaica, what a great guy! Here he is[e188936a89c073c6c5cba0fe2bc83efb.jpg

Lots of exciting new ideas coming to life soon on Now You See It!

Edited by ckrobyn

Good morning, Robyn!

Sounds like a perfect day in Jamaica to me, and exactly what I'll be doing 3 weeks from today. (Although we'll be in Ocho Rios, so slightly different view. :) ) Nice to think about being someplace warm when it's windy and 5 degrees outside, and that's our high for today. :eek:

Thanks again for taking the time to do this live review. I'm really enjoying it.

Just thought of a question. Do you happen to know what the hours are for the breakfast served in the specialty restaurant for suite guests?

Have a great day!

There is no breakfast service in the specialty restaurants. You can take your plate from the windjammer to Giovanni's and eat it there. Less crowded.

Thanks so much for doing this Robyn! We are on the Eastern Itinerary in 32!!! days! I'm getting excited! :D

Quick question about the theatre (anyone can answer!!) I just clicked over and found Drew Thomas on Facebook, and the theatre on Freedom looks pretty huge! Are there screens to see the action if your seat isn't close to the stage?? Just wondering if I need to plan ahead to get a good seat! :)

Edited by cant_w8_2_cruise
spelling!

I just found this review yesterday and am now caught up! Thank you so much for doing this review - I am loving it! I'm on the same itinerary on March 15th, so this is particularly timely and oh so enjoyable! Can't thank you enough!! We're in cabins 9370 and 9371. Sounds like we won't have to much of a propulsion issue...and even if we do, it'll rock me to sleep. Can't complain - life will be great on board!! Have a wonderful day and looking forward to much more!

Awesome review!! Incidentally, I think we were on a sailing together in Oct. 2011, after reviewing your cruise history. Love the Freedom!

Any indications on where they are having the late night disco type activities since they closed down the Crypt on the Freedom? We really enjoyed that venue late at night. After the kids had their fun, we enjoyed some time out, and that place fit the spot. Didn't really get any rest on our vacation because of it. LOL

Thanks again for this fabulous trip report!!

How long will Drew Thomas be on the FOS? We'd love to see him in May!!!

Drew's show has been a hit on the Freedom for several years. I'm quite sure you will see him in May [emoji4] Drew mentioned he may pop in here and say hello..... watch for him!

...Quick question about the theatre (anyone can answer!!) I just clicked over and found Drew Thomas on Facebook, and the theatre on Freedom looks pretty huge! Are there screens to see the action if your seat isn't close to the stage?? Just wondering if I need to plan ahead to get a good seat! :)

If you really want to see some behind the scenes parts of the magic act, sit in the balcony section as close to the side as possible. You will see that the real talent is Drew's wife.

467f15c05e1cacb963c112baacce5c16.jpg

Look closely at this picture. If you can see what is hanging adjacent to the stairs, you will see it is a massive bee hive! Thousands of bees swarmed the pool deck and built a hive within seconds. Passengers are freaking out, and so am I! Crew wearing HASMAT suits are dealing with it as I type this. Scary stuff.